Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

Has anyone had the opportunity to talk to Parrot support about this? given that it is they who released this firmware to the public.

The downside, is that we may loose the unrestricted ceiling height, but to be honest it wouldn't make much difference to me as I generally stay VLOS.

that said, one of my friends on another forum, did the update on their Anafi last night, and had no issues with take-off and flew up 1000m

I would say that this bug is a bit hit and miss (if it is a bug).... unfortunately due to the inclement (normal) weather here in Scotland I've not had a single chance to test my drone out at all since I updated to the 1.6.1-rc2 firmware

No it is not pilot error. I have done all resets and calibrations and nothing fixes the no take off from ground problem with my first Anafi that took the Software Version 1.6.1-rc2. This is a bug in the firmware. You would not see others posting about the same problem if it was pilot error.
My 2nd Anafi takes off just fine with the same controller but it has software Version 1.6.0
Waiting on the next firmware update to hopefully fix the problem.

I have no problem with taking off with rc2 , maybe you first Anafi is seeing winter cumming back and dont want to pass another one in a tree (y)

Again due to high winds I have not been able to test mine, and always reluctant to attempt indoor flight. But will see if I can do something this evening when I get home, just to see whether this issue with the take-off is consistent or random.

Either way, no matter what Parrot say, its their responsibility given that they released this from their very own website...…. But I have no doubt they will be already on it.

Again due to high winds I have not been able to test mine, and always reluctant to attempt indoor flight. But will see if I can do something this evening when I get home, just to see whether this issue with the take-off is consistent or random.

Either way, no matter what Parrot say, its their responsibility given that they released this from their very own website...…. But I have no doubt they will be already on it.

and at the time of composing this reply the inhouse.apk is still available from the Google Play Button on the Parrot website...

Here is a short video of the bunny hop that it is now doing since taking Software Version 1.6.1-rc2
My video and what others have posted on Parrots Facebook page are identical. Each one shows it trying to take off and stopping. Sometimes they will start up but will only hover inches from the ground with no control. You have to stop the props with your foot. Each time this has happened I would check the log and it does not show a crash, just a very short flight. Dam weird bug in this firmware version.
Not all are having this problem so this might be a tough one to fix for Parrot

Here is a short video of the bunny hop that it is now doing since taking Software Version 1.6.1-rc2
My video and what others have posted on Parrots Facebook page are identical. Each one shows it trying to take off and stopping. Sometimes they will start up but will only hover inches from the ground with no control. You have to stop the props with your foot. Each time this has happened I would check the log and it does not show a crash, just a very short flight. Dam weird bug in this firmware version.
Not all are having this problem so this might be a tough one to fix for Parrot

Try to disable handlaunching..

Tried that still did nothing. I also deleted the play store app and put back the APK from the web page thinking the firmware was tied to the App but I got the same bunny hop.

curiosity got the better of me regarding this anomaly of some users of their Anafi with 1.6.1.-rc2 firmware not being able to take off from a ground launch.....I had to try it out indoors (not a good idea I know.....) , I tried twice for take off and I had no hassles at all... well my little staffie dog did.... she ran out of the room and in to the kitchen.... must have frighted the crap out of her...staffies are wusses....LOL

curiosity got the better of me regarding this anomaly of some users of their Anafi with 1.6.1.-rc2 firmware not being able to take off from a ground launch.....I had to try it out indoors (not a good idea I know.....) , I tried twice for take off and I had no hassles at all... well my little staffie dog did.... she ran out of the room and in to the kitchen.... must have frighted the crap out of her...staffies are wusses....LOL

I was tempted to try indoors as its now raining and very windy down here in Darlington, however my 40Kg Chocolate Labrador would see it as a bird......... and she hates birds with a passion...... the outcome would not be pretty for either

I have only managed the one flight with the RC firmware and it worked and no problem with dodgy frames at the start of the video files.

It would seem that Parrot need to learn about software version control.

I was about to say " At last! Now you can manually set the white balance!" but then noticed that the new version of the firmware white balance can only be set to "Auto" if you have enabled HDR.
In previous versions, HDR activation did not block WB selection.
Now I have to choose either HDR or the correct image color.
This is completely wrong.

2019-09-05_17-16-25.jpg

If you click "Presets", then there are also all options are locked.

This error is not present if your phone is not connected to the drone!

fire off a support ticket to Parrot, or post a comment on the Google play store...

already done 4 tickets to the parrot and do not even respond to the phone, already commented on playstore, I invite you all of this forum to report the firmware problem on the play store, maybe they wake up, thank you very much

Hi all, I've just got a new drone and it's stuck in beta. I've searched but can't find the apk on the website. Does someone have a link because I'm clearly a bit stupid and can't find it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190905_223450_com.parrot.freeflight6.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905_223450_com.parrot.freeflight6.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 31
Hi all, I've just got a new drone and it's stuck in beta. I've searched but can't find the apk on the website. Does someone have a link because I'm clearly a bit stupid and can't find it

I would have thought that if you downloaded the latest freeflight 6 app then it would update the firmware, can't understand why the drone has such an old firmware version installed, if it's new and you are unable to update it then I would be on the phone to Parrort!!!

I would have thought that if you downloaded the latest freeflight 6 app then it would update the firmware, can't understand why the drone has such an old firmware version installed, if it's new and you are unable to update it then I would be on the phone to Parrort!!!
Yeah got it yesterday. when I first connected it, it updated and the beta version was installed. No idea why

My staffie is such a sook. I won't lie, she could easily kill a child, but so can a plastic bag. Staffies are hands down the best. My girl doesn't mind it, she's not even that interested in it but the sausage dog and Labrador go nuts over it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh