Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

it would appear that the Anafi IP address is 192.168.42.32 ... just need to find a way to dupe that to looking at the localhost and hopefully being able to upload an older firmware to there....just need an older firmware and possibly some software to upload it to the drone...

If i'm not mistaken, the firmwares need to be downloaded.
You'll find them in /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/ but only after downloading. If you don't want to update straight away, just connect the controller, let it see that you're running on an older version, and disconnect. Then, you can pre-download the firmware without updating it. Same goes for the drone.

it would appear that the Anafi IP address is 192.168.42.32 ... just need to find a way to dupe that to looking at the localhost and hopefully being able to upload an older firmware to there....just need an older firmware and possibly some software to upload it to the drone...

If you connect to the drone's wifi with your phone, you can use default gateways address to open up a control panel of sorts, and there is an option to upload an update file, however I tried it before, and you're not able to downgrade, or manually update the firmware with that.

If i'm not mistaken, the firmwares need to be downloaded.
You'll find them in /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/ but only after downloading. If you don't want to update straight away, just connect the controller, let it see that you're running on an older version, and disconnect. Then, you can pre-download the firmware without updating it. Same goes for the drone.

If you connect to the drone's wifi with your phone, you can use default gateways address to open up a control panel of sorts, and there is an option to upload an update file, however I tried it before, and you're not able to downgrade, or manually update the firmware with that.

all i can see in there are logs and streams....

The drone acts as a WiFi hotspot basically, meaning that it's the default gateway, which is usually on ".1". So if you connect to the drone's wifi with your phone or laptop, then go to 192.168.42.1 then you'll have a page with a couple options on the top, one is which the Update.Screenshot (31 Aug 2019 11_27_14).jpg

The drone acts as a WiFi hotspot basically, meaning that it's the default gateway, which is usually on ".1". So if you connect to the drone's wifi with your phone or laptop, then go to 192.168.42.1 then you'll have a page with a couple options on the top, one is which the Update.View attachment 2639

cheers, just need to discover if the 1.5.6 update in the dev.apk is indeed an actual firmware update.... how would one go about rolling the firmware back on the SC3 though.... :cool:

here is the info on the extracted file I took from the DEV.apk

ro.build.date=Thu Jun 6 16:56:06 UTC 2019
ro.build.date.utc=1559840166
ro.build.alchemy.product=anafi
ro.build.alchemy.variant=4k
ro.build.hostname=jenkins
ro.parrot.build.group=drones
ro.parrot.build.project=anafi
ro.parrot.build.product=anafi
ro.parrot.build.variant=4k
ro.parrot.build.region=
ro.parrot.build.uid=anafi-4k-1.5.6
ro.parrot.build.version=1.5.6

nope don't work.. I get an error "bad update file" when trying to install the 1.5.6 firmware... tried using my tablet and laptop... same issue...

Last edited:
Is there a problem with 1.6.1 firmware
Just wondering why trying to roll back to previous version

I was not aware that it was a BETA version.... or an rc2 ....
nodowngrade.JPG

Anafi's firmware downgrade is not supported. I looked at groundsdk-demo app that parrot provides some sample codes to develop an app for anafi, and it seemed I can modify to force downgrade the firmware. However, as Nicolas, a Parrot representative in the jpg, said, there should be many validation processes during the firmware update procedure, so I guess downgrading may brick your drone or it will always fail. So, ppl should be careful when upgrading a drone's firmware to unofficial versions.

I was under the impression the 1.6.1 FIRMWARE that was updated by the FF6 software that was available from the Official Parrot website was an official one..... cheers for the heads up though... very much appreciated.... I shall just go and fly the craft and see what happens (once I get decent weather here that is..)

thank you I was just wondering as I was thinking about updating to it as I know it fix the problem when a video is created over multiple files

Dont know why you want to roll back with the altitudes restriction disable , lot better then using touch and fly in the mod FF6 from ds2atc (wich is still awsome )...

camera calibration looks more precise

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
has any one had any negative experience using the beta firmware
i know parrot are making an announcement to day which i hope has a app update and firmware update
but if it dose not am looking to use the beta firmware

has any one had any negative experience using the beta firmware
i know parrot are making an announcement to day which i hope has a app update and firmware update
but if it dose not am looking to use the beta firmware

I would hang fire on using the BETA firmware.... and I reckon that the Parrot announcement will be for a new FPV racing type drone.... ;)

12 flights with rc4, absolutly no problems , this one is a keeper for me ....
Did you stick with 6.5.2rc4 app or keep using the 6.5.3 app from the store after you had done the firmware update

would you say that this is an official Parrot firmware update and that it won't invalidate our warranty??? ;):):cool:
At end i downloaded the app at parrot web and give me last firmware ( for days no app in playstore) the mistake is Parrot.

At end i downloaded the app at parrot web and give me last firmware ( for days no app in playstore) the mistake is Parrot.

and no doubt Parrot will try and wriggle out of any warranty claims made against this BETA firmware..... Just saying....LOL , I have the BETA installed on my drone....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville