Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

The FF6 that I have just downloaded from the UK Parrot website to my tablet, that I do not use to connect to my Anafi, is v6.5.2 rc4 at 284mb. I have installed it on my tablet but not connected to the Anafi or controller and I only get 150m max height and 2km distance. I am in the UK. It us strange that the Play Store version is 6.5.3.

The FF6 that I have just downloaded from the UK Parrot website to my tablet, that I do not use to connect to my Anafi, is v6.5.2 rc4 at 284mb. I have installed it on my tablet but not connected to the Anafi or controller and I only get 150m max height and 2km distance. I am in the UK. It us strange that the Play Store version is 6.5.3.
Can you also upload it here? I would like to make a diff between your version and the other one uploaded by @davyg.

I am located in the UK...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190830-105051_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20190830-105051_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    808 KB · Views: 44
The link from @davyg is to the Parrot website so it just downloads the current version on the Parrot site which is what I did. It appears to have been updated since @davyg downloaded it. His was rc2 whilst it currently is rc4.

6.5.3 is back on play store, my phone just updated - but the download is small, no obb included.

M
My mistake, you said that the firmware was rc2 not FF6.

had to go back over my old posts... I know am getting a tad senile in my old age....LOL.... I just had to double check for the sake of my own sanity.....LMAO

I posted:
1: I downloaded the app (6.5.3) from Google play store, but this didn't give me the firmware update for the drone/controller.
2: I then visited FreeFlight 6 and clicked on the "Get it on Google Play" button, this downloaded the app to my computer, I then sideloaded this APK (6.5.2rc4)to my phone and installed it, this gave me the option to update the drone/controller firmware...... I was also able to reinstate my 2 in app purchases....

can confirm that the camera calibration is totally different now...

@davyg, can you download the app again from Parrot and check if it is different from the one you installed on your phone?
MD5 or at least size.

herein lies the confusion that i may have caused...." bear in mind that the anafi firmware is a Release Candidate 2 and not a final release..." this RC2 is the FIRMWARE for the Drone that the FF6 app updated the craft to,,,, and not the FF6 app.... am glad I cleared that up...rc2.jpg

Reactions: bodhi
Can I just check with every one with 6.5.2 rc4 not being an official update ie not on the Google store when a update dose get released on google store you will not automatically get the update

As of now 30.08.19 in the uk freeflight 6 is back on Google store

What I am thinking of doing is installing 6.5.2 rc4 updating the firmware on the anafi and controller

Then going back to the release on Google store
Would this work?

so yes, after updating firmware in both controller and Anafi I see 4km on both altitude and distance

Can I just check with every one with 6.5.2 rc4 not being an official update ie not on the Google store when a update dose get released on google store you will not automatically get the update

As of now 30.08.19 in the uk freeflight 6 is back on Google store

What I am thinking of doing is installing 6.5.2 rc4 updating the firmware on the anafi and controller

Then going back to the release on Google store
Would this work?

just uninstalled the 6.5.2 and installed the Google play 6.5.3 version... all working... apart from my in app purchases... max height/distance still at 4KM...

Even better, if I use now the drone with another phone, that still has FF 6.5.2, 4km are still there.

I am beginning to believe that the max height/distance on the app from Parrot link is a bit of a hit and miss... I have just reinstalled it and it is now showing as 150m max height and a 2KM max distance.
On the plus side I did manage to get my in app purchases re-instated....which didn't work with the Google Play version 6.5.3 or the modded 6.5.2 version...

man..my head is fit to burst here.....I have just connected my phone/controller to the drone... went into the settings and safety and the max height/distance is now showing as 4KM........ I think this maximum only shows when everything is connected up....

man..my head is fit to burst here.....I have just connected my phone/controller to the drone... went into the settings and safety and the max height/distance is now showing as 4KM........ I think this maximum only shows when everything is connected up....
Yes is the anafi firmware unlocked the high altitude. The app default is 150m when the app and skycontroller connect to anafi the drone unlock the max altitude. Now need to test if the drone in real flight bypass the 150m or not like the modded altitude app work only on waypoint and not on manual flight.

And we have a winner: lift it to 200m, so it looks like the real deal :) Time to go to my Spark amigo and challenge him to a dogflight :)
1.6.1 rc2 fw and 1.6.2 app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville