Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

APK From Parrot Web Site with Firmware Update 1.6.1 Pros & Cons

Modded app works, max altitude150, max distance 2 km, still no Follow me and Flight plan purchased :-(

Reactions: bodhi
I did so, I installed the version of the parrot, I updated the firmware, I installed the modded version, I uninstalled and I put the original from the playstore and I have height 4km and channels 48 56 enabled so I suppose FCC enabled

Have just installed FF6 from GP, all went smooth and my in app purchases showed up as "Purchased",max height is 150m and Max distance is 4km... suffice to say that I didn't get any firmware updates at all for the drone/controller... (I did have the number 1 showing beside the drone icon, but that disappeared after a few seconds... drone still on the 1.5.6 FW )

Last edited:
I have un update on the 272 MB play store dated 29.8.2019 . Is that right?:cool:

I am getting a bit confused! I thought that this thread was for the .apk file downloaded from the Parrot website but people appear to be commenting on downloads from 3 separate sources-:
1) Google Play Store download of version 6.5.3.
2) Parrot website download of Freeflight6-world-inhouse.apk
3) The modded 6.5.3 apk produced by the talented ds2atc

Which of these .apk files is best to use and which update the firmware on the Anafi and/or controller. Do I need to install an "official" release to get the firmware update before using the modded app to get FCC mode in the EU?

I am getting a bit confused! I thought that this thread was for the .apk file downloaded from the Parrot website but people appear to be commenting on downloads from 3 separate sources-:
1) Google Play Store download of version 6.5.3.
2) Parrot website download of Freeflight6-world-inhouse.apk
3) The modded 6.5.3 apk produced by the talented ds2atc

Which of these .apk files is best to use and which update the firmware on the Anafi and/or controller. Do I need to install an "official" release to get the firmware update before using the modded app to get FCC mode in the EU?

your reply has just cleared up the confusion I was having regarding this app/firmware update...

1: I downloaded the app (6.5.3) from Google play store, but this didn't give me the firmware update for the drone/controller.
2: I then visited FreeFlight 6 and clicked on the "Get it on Google Play" button, this downloaded the app to my computer, I then sideloaded this APK (6.5.2rc4)to my phone and installed it, this gave me the option to update the drone/controller firmware...... I was also able to reinstate my 2 in app purchases....

Last edited:
2: I then visited FreeFlight 6 and clicked on the "Get it on Google Play" button, this downloaded the app to my computer, I then sideloaded this APK (6.5.3rc4)to my phone and installed it, this gave me the option to update the drone/controller firmware...... I was also able to reinstate my 2 in app purchases....
And did you get the 4km altitude? How about MaxDistance?

both height/distance are 4km max...... which I would never ever fly to.....LOL
I know, just curious if you can fly to at least 500m, to be on par with DJI Spark

Can you share here the APK? The one I've downloaded is still showing 150m max alt. Frustrating.

I know, just curious if you can fly to at least 500m, to be on par with DJI Spark

Can you share here the APK? The one I've downloaded is still showing 150m max alt. Frustrating.

did you get it from the parrot website???

Yes, from their site. I wander if they modify the altitude/distance depending on your GPS location

Yes, from their site. I wander if they modify the altitude/distance depending on your GPS location

I'm in the UK.... bear in mind that the anafi firmware is a Release Candidate 2 and not a final release...

just adb install your file and I still have the same issue: 150 max height, 2km max dist.
And this after I rejected GPS permission, so in theory the program does not know where it is located.
Strange...
Thanks anyhow for the file

I allowed GPS permissions.... can't see your location making any difference , no doubt others will be able to shed some light on it.... I haven't flown the craft as yet so I can't be 100% certain that the max distances are indeed a reality.....

I allowed GPS permissions.... can't see your location making any difference , no doubt others will be able to shed some light on it.... I haven't flown the craft as yet so I can't be 100% certain that the max distances are indeed a reality.....
Remember that for example FCC was enable only for some countries, and the country you were in was detected by GPS location.
Anyhow, used a Fake GPS and I am still locked at 150m.

Anyhow, I am not aware if any of the people having 4km height actually fly above 150m limit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Turbeville