Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Auriga (Android) for ANAFI

taike

Reaction score
A quick test flight after installing Auriga on my Moto G8 Power this morning.
Not sure why the wifi defaults to CH1 after I selected manual 5G CH 165.
The video latency is noticeable.

OK, the developer told me to pick USA for FCC even I'm in Hong Kong. I did so and selected CH161 and it works now. Not sure why CH165 resets to CH1 though. The developer also said he has achieved 3.5km with CH 157. Interesting.

Reactions: olivier
I had it out in the back yard today. Set it to USA and channel 165 was set and stayed for the short flight. Just getting used to the Hud and the voice talking to you. LOL Seems ok but not worth the 12 Canadian dollars they want for it.

Reactions: taike
I had it out in the back yard today. Set it to USA and channel 165 was set and stayed for the short flight. Just getting used to the Hud and the voice talking to you. LOL Seems ok but not worth the 12 Canadian dollars they want for it.

Well, I like the telemetry UI and will use Auriga for racing flight mode. Good to know CH165 works out there.

I like it,i liked auriga bebop too..mostly because i can see number of satellites,something they took out of freefligh long time ago and changed it to bars...few years ago we vacationed in asores(portugal)and i had my bebop 2 setup with me,i found good spot near ocean,on top of cliff,freeflight showed green gps,i took off and 400 meters later i lost distance,got bebop back i didnt fly there anymore...happened few times...got home,checked logs and found out that number of sttelites dropped down from 13 to 8 or 7(dont remember exact number) yet my freeflight gps was still green...today i was testing auriga anafi near my house,gps signal is really bad here and freeflight 6 shows always red gps,if i take of i don see anything in logs,no location or other info,so i used auriga,it showed at first 9 sattelites,few seconds later 15,got green gps(never had gps signal at that spot before),took off,at 10 meters i had more than 20 sattelites(with freeflight still stays red),checked logs,got all info,speed ,location on map...now what i didnt like is green hud,i flew above trees and camera was facing down in 45* angle(it was very sunny) and few times i couldnt read numbers,i guess green(hud) on green(leafs) dont go well,probably changing it to white,will test it tomorrow and see how i like it.
now about voice,i really like it,at some point i did expect voice to say “ in case of cabin pressure loss,we would ask you to.....”?...but it didnt

• Love
I like it,i liked auriga bebop too..mostly because i can see number of satellites,something they took out of freefligh long time ago and changed it to bars...few years ago we vacationed in asores(portugal)and i had my bebop 2 setup with me,i found good spot near ocean,on top of cliff,freeflight showed green gps,i took off and 400 meters later i lost distance,got bebop back i didnt fly there anymore...happened few times...got home,checked logs and found out that number of sttelites dropped down from 13 to 8 or 7(dont remember exact number) yet my freeflight gps was still green...today i was testing auriga anafi near my house,gps signal is really bad here and freeflight 6 shows always red gps,if i take of i don see anything in logs,no location or other info,so i used auriga,it showed at first 9 sattelites,few seconds later 15,got green gps(never had gps signal at that spot before),took off,at 10 meters i had more than 20 sattelites(with freeflight still stays red),checked logs,got all info,speed ,location on map...now what i didnt like is green hud,i flew above trees and camera was facing down in 45* angle(it was very sunny) and few times i couldnt read numbers,i guess green(hud) on green(leafs) dont go well,probably changing it to white,will test it tomorrow and see how i like it.
now about voice,i really like it,at some point i did expect voice to say “ in case of cabin pressure loss,we would ask you to.....”?...but it didnt

I totally agree with you. I feel comfortable with monitoring the number of satellites on the console to avoid mishappenings. Veteran pilots like you can enlighten us. Thanks :)

Reactions: Skydreamer
Is it my connection or is the video generally very laggy and therefore displaying poorly?

Is it my connection or is the video generally very laggy and therefore displaying poorly?
I didnt see any lag,i used lg v35 phone,very powerfull,but again if i use my older samsung tablet ,be it auriga or freeflight,there is 1 second lag

Reactions: d95gas
I noticed when using auriga it does not send any telemetry to Parrot servers. Any flights I have done (two) are not even on FF6 unless they will show up next time I use FF6.
I'm I missing something or is this correct?

I noticed when using auriga it does not send any telemetry to Parrot servers. Any flights I have done (two) are not even on FF6 unless they will show up next time I use FF6.
I'm I missing something or is this correct?
thays correct,it is not sending any info to parrot servers,you need freeflight 6 to share info with servers...

Reactions: Zigzag84
So,white hud definitely works better than any other,black is big NO,maybe in winter when there is lots of snow,head tracking is good,smooth,no glitches,video is grainy a lot,it feels like bebop 2 fpv,best way to explain difference between freeflight fpv and auriga fpv is,freeflight fpv feels like looking trough window where auriga fpv feels like standing right next to window glass....,if you like feel of looking down from balcony of very tall building,auriga fpv is way to go.....so in the end,i like main display,easy access to all features,head tracking.... i am not impressed with video stream quality,bit to grainy for me

So,white hud definitely works better than any other,black is big NO,maybe in winter when there is lots of snow,head tracking is good,smooth,no glitches,video is grainy a lot,it feels like bebop 2 fpv,best way to explain difference between freeflight fpv and auriga fpv is,freeflight fpv feels like looking trough window where auriga fpv feels like standing right next to window glass....,if you like feel of looking down from balcony of very tall building,auriga fpv is way to go.....so in the end,i like main display,easy access to all features,head tracking.... i am not impressed with video stream quality,bit to grainy for me
Cool. I have get my FPV goggle (missed shipment from Tokyo and sitting there after late delivery from Amazon JP).

Reactions: Skydreamer
Its interesting that parrot is only drone company that does not have any spare parts ever,it feels like they get small batch of parts ,sell it and than you have to wait 3 months to get another batch of parts...right now there is no skytroller 3 to buy,i know thatbecause i bought last sc3 from drone nerds,cockpitglasses 2 or 3,good luck with that,i got extra battery from best buy,parrot backpacks again good luck,oem sc3 phone/tablet holder,found place in california that sells it for 35 bucks,i mean it is incredible that you have to get parts from 20 different places....@taike how much are you paying for glasses

Last edited:
Its interesting that parrot is only drone company that does not have any spare parts ever,it feels like they get small batch of parts ,sell it and than you have to wait 3 months to get another batch of parts...right now there is no skytroller 3 to buy,i know thatbecause i bought last sc3 from drone nerds,cockpitglasses 2 or 3,good luck with that,i got extra battery from best buy,parrot backpacks again good luck,oem sc3 phone/tablet,found place in california that sells it for 35 bucks,i mean it is incredible that you have to get parts from 20 different places....@taike how much are you paying for glasses

I like this foldable cockpitglass compatible goggle I've found in Amazon JP at US$15.5. Those VR goggles are hard to find here in HK or China. I have enough sc3 to sell tho, lol.

Screenshot (991).png

Those are parrot cockpitglasses 2 or at least the were sold exclusivlynfor parrot at that time

amazon us had it 2 years ago under different name,that crome part in front is glued and can be removed if you want it to look like parrot(i did but it looks better with chrome part)

I bought it and used it a couple of times just to see what it was all about. I might come in handy for those that are having trouble getting into FCC mode from CE mode. It does allow EU people to use FCC mode with just a click or two.

Reactions: Tend Wong and taike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320