Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Automated Flight Plan 360° Pano

Neat, very nice.

I found while manually turning I had too few pictures looking straight out at no camera angle, while further up and down could have used fewer pictures.

It was quite windy last time I flew amd took a panorama, and it ended up moving some nearby obvious control points, which screwed up the stitching. I think the less time I spend taking superfluous pictures the better, and automating it like this should speed things along too.

What has your workflow been like, stitching photos together?

I end up still getting some errors.
Work in progress as I went out this morning and after each angle I would get 11 pictures and then when it was suppose to go to the next angle I got a SDcard error. Still some problems to work out I guess but getting closer :)

Ok so for the last 2 days I been trying to figure out why i would get a SDcard error on any new flight plans I have made for 360 panos. Take a look at the top picture. There are spaces between each angle adjustment. This is not what you want :) Took me two days but finally figured out my mistake. What you want is a smooth work flow once it starts. I ended up adding all my 360 blocks, then the camera angles I wanted and then the type of photos and the number of them I wanted per second.
I could not figure out for the life of me why I started getting errors so watch that your work flow has no spaces or it will stop and error out.
Anything that looks like this one is good to go. (y)

20180915_184046_rmscr.jpg

Reactions: AugerIn
Ok so for the last 2 days I been trying to figure out why i would get a SDcard error on any new flight plans I have made for 360 panos. Take a look at the top picture. There are spaces between each angle adjustment. This is not what you want :) Took me two days but finally figured out my mistake. What you want is a smooth work flow once it starts. I ended up adding all my 360 blocks, then the camera angles I wanted and then the type of photos and the number of them I wanted per second.
I could not figure out for the life of me why I started getting errors so watch that your work flow has no spaces or it will stop and error out.
Anything that looks like this one is good to go. (y)

View attachment 240

so you use 1" interval shot for camera about 3' fly , I will use you set up.
Do you have the photo 360 as your setting above, I like to see it??

Agustine,
Do you still have your pamoramas working successfully?
I have made a flight plan exactly, as far as I can see, as yours but whilst the quad takes the video on the way up it reports a "SD Card Error" before it takes the first photo. I have tried it twice with the same result. On the second time I removed the requirement to take video on the climb out and go straight into the photos when it got to altitude but the same error occured. Does the red arrow on the picture in your last post mean aything? I am using a Sandisk Extreme 32Mb memory card.

When I was getting a SD Card error it would complete the first round of pictures, then it would try to go to the second round of pictures but there was a break in between each angle and would cause the error. If you look at the first picture at the top you can clearly see a separation but on the last photo there is only one which is fine. I do not have start video on take off. If yours does this might be causing a error also.

Thanks for the swift reply.
Yes I do have "video start on take off" turned on so I will alter that, try again when the wind dies down a bit and report back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut