Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop2 connection problem.

wren7007

Reaction score
I downloaded the updates on freeflight pro. Managed one flight but now the drone will not pair with phone or skycontroller. I would really appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

Hi,try this,in your phone turn on Airplane Mode(no wifi/cell signal,make sure other devices{phones/tablets} you used to connect to bebop are off ),turn on bebop2,wait 30 seconds,turn on skycontroller 2,wait 30 second and connect phone to skycontroller
Oops,this should be in bebop 2 forum

Last edited:
Hi,try this,in your phone turn on Airplane Mode(no wifi/cell signal,make sure other devices{phones/tablets} you used to connect to bebop are off ),turn on bebop2,wait 30 seconds,turn on skycontroller 2,wait 30 second and connect phone to skycontroller
Oops,this should be in bebop 2 forum
New member, wasn't sure what forum to post to. I will try chop and paste. The problem starts with the drone, switch on flashes red a few times then it justs continues searching. I have to disconnect battery to power it of. It's really frustrating. But thanks for the suggestions..

I think moderator will move this topic to Bebop 2 forum so keep posting here

You could try a factory reset of the drone. It takes awhile. Here is a video describing it.

Thanks for this, Mike. Unfortunately, when I turn the drone on the red light flashes then goes out and will not return to a steady red. Frustrating the hell out of me.

Can you post short video of what is happening when you press power button

The video does not have an allowable extension. It is mp4. I don't know how to change that. But I pressed the start button 25 minutes ago, and it's still flashing in red.

So are you saying that the drone just sits there with the light flashing? The light will stay in a flashing state if the drone is not connected to a controller or phone. The light goes steady on once connected.

The factory reset will still work with a flashing light, it just means it is not connected.

Mike

Reactions: Skydreamer
Also,in wifi settings of your phone,do you See Bebopxxxxxx network at all or is it missing from the list of networks

So are you saying that the drone just sits there with the light flashing? The light will stay in a flashing state if the drone is not connected to a controller or phone. The light goes steady on once connected.

The factory reset will still work with a flashing light, it just means it is not connected.

Mike
Cheers, Mike. But once it is reset, shouldn't the red light change from flashing to a steady red? I will try and connect it with controller and phone again. I really appreciate your input.?

The light will go steady red once it is connected to the skycontroller or your mobile device.

Mike
Hi Mike, sorry for the length of time its taken to get back to this. But everything that has been suggested does not work. I have been conversing with the parot help centre but that has been a complete waste of time. Because my drone is just out of warranty. They have basically just washed their hands of it.

Slight change to how the drone reacts on start up, the red light flashes a couple of times then goes out and stays out, at this stage the fan can be heard, but will not turn off until the battery runs out of charge.

That is not normal. I would try the factory reset again, you have nothing to lose at this point. If you have the skills, you can check for loose connections. There are guides out there in how to take the drone apart.
Parts for the drone are pretty cheap nowadays. I picked up a spare one for a just in case situation.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I will keep persevering. I will let you know how I get off. Thanks for your help.

The Bebop 2 is my first drone, bought it because the price was good and it has the features you need in a drone, (GPS, return to home, etc.) Without RTH, I probably would have lost it in my 5th flight :)

Ive kept my eye on Ebay and snagged a refurbished Bebop 2 for like $230 which included a battery,charger, and propellers. I figure its only a matter of time before I have a bad crash or lose it. AT least this way I am not out a ton of money.

Mike

Sounds like the drone failed an update. Or if it had a ding previously the board finally broke an internal trace. If it does not go solid bright red(BB) blue (BB2P) + constant fan spin after start up, than the drone has an internal problem that is not allowing it to completely boot. In this state, resetting it by the power button will only let it boot to the same place. If it is a (Firmware) issue, you can try an Update via the USB port. If it can not be flashed from there, than it can be done via UART and an interface to force a fresh firmware.

Sounds like the drone failed an update. Or if it had a ding previously the board finally broke an internal trace. If it does not go solid bright red(BB) blue (BB2P) + constant fan spin after start up, than the drone has an internal problem that is not allowing it to completely boot. In this state, resetting it by the power button will only let it boot to the same place. If it is a (Firmware) issue, you can try an Update via the USB port. If it can not be flashed from there, than it can be done via UART and an interface to force a fresh firmware.
Thanks for the info. Just so frustrating, almost threw it all in thebin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73