Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beginner hailing from the UK

theclaw37

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a beginner looking to start slow and safe, purely as a hobby. I love flying in general. I'm based in London, and being a beginner, would like to ask if there are regular gatherings where I could practice flying with pros in safe organised environments ?

P.S (forgot): Parrot Anafi

Welcome from Ontario Canada
I believe one or two of our members are from your area so hopefully they will be able to help you out.

Welcome to the forum from one of the off islands in the UK. Try asking the BMFA if there are any model flying clubs local to you.

Hello all. I'm a beginner looking to start slow and safe, purely as a hobby. I love flying in general. I'm based in London, and being a beginner, would like to ask if there are regular gatherings where I could practice flying with pros in safe organised environments ?

P.S (forgot): Parrot Anafi

Hello from Torino (Italy). Slow & Safe ... the right ingredients. Enjoy your flights!

Its harder on your hands and feet LOL
Keep the battery warm till you use it and it is fine. It generates its own heat when in use. Start out with a cold battery and you will have shorter flights for sure.

@Hawkeye Alaska Woah. How's flying in very low temps ? I've read that it isn't too good for the battery.
It has not taken a noticeable toll on the drone that I can see. When I go out I have a large cooler that I store everything in with heat tabs. I have a smaller one inside of it with the batteries and a heat tab. Like Augustine said, if you keep your batteries warm then the flight times are very comparable to summer flying. 19 minutes and change is about tops when flying below freezing.

It really sucks on the hand and feet as Augustine stated. I go out in black lined carrhart.

Where I fly I take my truck to where I will be launching from and will use the defroster to get my batteries on the warm side. I also bought one of those winter mitts from China for 12 bucks and it works great. You can even put one of those hand warmers packets inside to get it even warmer if you want. They help to keep the plastic window from fogging up. I use it for the Anafi and my Autel XSP . If your hands and feet are warm it makes for a great day flying even at 20 below.
Winter Mitt 2.jpg

Winter Mitt.jpg

Where I fly I take my truck to where I will be launching from and will use the defroster to get my batteries on the warm side. I also bought one of those winter mitts from China for 12 bucks and it works great. You can even put one of those hand warmers packets inside to get it even warmer if you want. They help to keep the plastic window from fogging up. I use it for the Anafi and my Autel XSP . If your hands and feet are warm it makes for a great day flying even at 20 below.
View attachment 524

View attachment 525
oooooooh, that's nice !!!! Link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame