Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Brand new out of the box Anafi gimbal not working

kkraytchev5

Reaction score
The other day my Parrot Anafi Extended came in. I opened it up, charged the batteries, and the controller updated everything. When I came to fly the drone, I saw the gimbal camera was off-center and not stabilizing, so I restarted everything and started the controller, then the drone. I noticed that the gimbal is not even initializing, so I did some research. I tried hard resetting the drone with no luck, and then I tried resetting the battery, no luck, resetting the controller still nothing! My last option was resetting through the app absolutely nothing... I looked through other threads and tried the same troubleshooting steps. Nothing worked, and I'm afraid the open up the drone just in case I mess anything upon it.
I forgot to mention the camera works, and just the gimbal is not working. Also, this drone has never been flown or crashed. One more thing, I got the gimbal to work for a few hours, but then it just stopped working out of nowhere. I tried to replicate what I did to get it to work, but I had no luck.

It sounds faulty. I would suggest that you get it exchanged for a replacement by the shop that you bought it from.

The other day my Parrot Anafi Extended came in. I opened it up, charged the batteries, and the controller updated everything. When I came to fly the drone, I saw the gimbal camera was off-center and not stabilizing, so I restarted everything and started the controller, then the drone. I noticed that the gimbal is not even initializing, so I did some research. I tried hard resetting the drone with no luck, and then I tried resetting the battery, no luck, resetting the controller still nothing! My last option was resetting through the app absolutely nothing... I looked through other threads and tried the same troubleshooting steps. Nothing worked, and I'm afraid the open up the drone just in case I mess anything upon it.
I forgot to mention the camera works, and just the gimbal is not working. Also, this drone has never been flown or crashed. One more thing, I got the gimbal to work for a few hours, but then it just stopped working out of nowhere. I tried to replicate what I did to get it to work, but I had no luck.
I have exactly the same issue, but with the added feature of a remark on the controller quoting "Vertical Camera inoperative - contact Parrot"
Like yours, straight out of the box and brand new!!

You really need to get it replaced. It may be simply that an internal ribbon cable is not attached correctly but it is not your problem. Take or send it back to the seller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320