Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Controller USB socket - no connection anymore

jenast

Reaction score
Hi,

We have just returned from vacation. The drone had done a great job until the last day. Now the following happened, maybe someone knows advice.

In one of the last launches, I suddenly got no connection between the phone and the controller. Eternally tried around but nothing happened. All of a sudden - without the free light on - the Anafi wanted to rise to heaven, with full power. No chance to turn off the drone. So held in the hand until the battery was down. I suspect the drone would have flown elsewhere. Well, I assume that the Kopter as such should still be OK.

I have already read in the forum that the solder joints of the controller are vulnerable. And indeed, these are broken off. What makes me suspicious, however, is that when I push the USB cable to the solder joints, the smartphone is charged. However, the app does not start, even if I start the app manually, it does not find the controller. The smartphone is however loaded by the controller, so yes must be a connection.

Until the incident on vacation, everything has always worked out great. Controller unfolded, smartphone on and app started automatically :(.

I just got my Anafi yesterday and having a similar problem. I went thru the firmware update then the compass calibration. Did you get to the source of your problem?

check the USB options on your phone when plugged in to a computer or the controller.... deselect USB charging if this is enabled... or try another phone...

if you are using an Android phone then try this.... got to phone SETTINGS-Apps, search for FREEFLIGHT.... when you are at the FF6 apps main screen, then click on FORCE STOP , now click on Storage on this screen and click on CLEAR DATA and Clear Cache (select YES to any popups), exit from here and then plug the cable from the controller to your phone (this should bring up FF6 automatically and it will give you the option to select this app each time the cable is plugged in to the phone), FF6 should then continue to load, you will need to login to your parrot account with your registered details....

Last edited:
Reactions: ExWing
davyg you the man. My phone doesn't have the usb option to turn off charging I believe it is automatic. Galaxy s10 plus. Force stop, clear data and clear cache did work. Thank you so much.

glad to be of help...I use a Galaxy S8+ and sometimes the same thing happens to my phone.... been that long since I flew my drone I had forgotten the workaround....LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh