Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Does anyone have any experience with this charger?

SkyHiBaby

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any experience with this charger:

It seems convenient and pretty cheap ($40). Just wondering how good it works. Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

It seems convenient and pretty cheap ($40). Just wondering how good it works. Thanks in advance.
Yes. Any specific questions?

So far so good. It seems to charge the batteries pretty quickly. The batteries lock in tight. It feels pretty solid and it doesn’t tip over or anything like that.

It’s pretty awesome for the car. It saves a ton of cable clutter, charges the batteries fast on direct car DC, and the batteries lock in tight, so you don’t have to worry about bumps.

By far the biggest negative is the huge AC/DC power brick they don’t show in the photos. It’s pretty large. So big, I wouldn’t travel with it. Better off saving space with a USB wall adapter and a few cables.

Note:
So far I’ve removed batteries as soon as the light turns green, so I can’t say it’s safe to leave them on for an extended period of time.

Read this Multi-battery charger
If you search for "Anafi battery charger" you will find other information including one member who had a similar charger melt but that could be a one off. There are also discussions as to whether that type of charger actually balance charges the cells.

I’ve been using one of these multi chargers for the last eight months and so far all has been well. As Liger has pointed out one of the forum members did experience a nasty failure due to a faulty capacitor but I believe he was the only one.

As to the balancing question? The cells in the battery are balanced when using this charger system. The three port hub is not a charger in the strictest sense but rather a three port power supply. The two cells inside the battery are balanced by a specific board inside the battery pack, just behind the i/o pins, in the same way that the batteries are balanced in most DJI products.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: dashSolo
Hi Guys,

I bought one a few months ago and it charges quicker and the batteries show 100 percent on the controller afterwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phildart