Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dolly Zoom and SD Card

slvervper99

Reaction score
Couple of questions - may sound dumb, but for the life of me, I cannot find anywhere on how to use the dolly zoom on the Flight Plan 6 app also have problems with changing out SD Cards.
So anyone here have any way of telling me where in the app can I find the dolly zoom feature? Thanks!
Another issue is that - I tried inserting a 64 Gb microSd but it says SD card error on the app. Do I have to format it somehow - I tried formatting the 64 G card (SanDisk Ultra 64 Gb) which is in the list of compatible SD cards with the Anafi and downloading the files from the original sd card to the new one and it still says SD card error on the app. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Couple of questions - may sound dumb, but for the life of me, I cannot find anywhere on how to use the dolly zoom on the Flight Plan 6 app also have problems with changing out SD Cards.
So anyone here have any way of telling me where in the app can I find the dolly zoom feature? Thanks!
Another issue is that - I tried inserting a 64 Gb microSd but it says SD card error on the app. Do I have to format it somehow - I tried formatting the 64 G card (SanDisk Ultra 64 Gb) which is in the list of compatible SD cards with the Anafi and downloading the files from the original sd card to the new one and it still says SD card error on the app. Thanks for the help.

Look under Smartdronies. ;)

Try and format the SD card as FAT32 on a computer. If you can write and read the card on your computer, your SD card should not be defective. Once you have checked your SD card, insert it into Anafi and format. Then you should not get more error messages.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: dmbrody
Look under Smartdronies. ;)

Try and format the SD card as FAT32 on a computer. If you can write and read the card on your computer, your SD card should not be defective. Once you have checked your SD card, insert it into Anafi and format. Then you should not get more error messages.

Regards Leif.
Ok, tried that - click on Smartdronies, but it's grayed out. i tried flying it and still grayed out. Says the subject must be within 65 feet, I was about 10 feet and no function -

Last edited:
Ok, tried that - click on Smartdronies, drew a rectagle and clicked fly, then nothing - no options for dolly or the boomerang

Sorry but I'm just retelling what to read in the English manual page 54.
Products

In order to use Dolly Zoom need to have Miss Anafi in the air. You can not have your quad standing on the ground when you make the square of what you want to make a Dolly Zoom off. Therefore, you can not find the function inside your living room. ;)

Regards Leif.

Ok, tried that - click on Smartdronies, but it's grayed out. i tried flying it and still grayed out. Says the subject must be within 65 feet, I was about 10 feet and no function -
Did you draw a box around yourself? You need to that so it knows what subject it’s doing the dolly zoom on. Same for boomerang if I recall correctly.

Sorry but I'm just retelling what to read in the English manual page 54.
Products

In order to use Dolly Zoom need to have Miss Anafi in the air. You can not have your quad standing on the ground when you make the square of what you want to make a Dolly Zoom off. Therefore, you can not find the function inside your living room. ;)

Regards Leif.
lol, yup. did not fly the drone in the living room :D. I was outside when I tried the dolly zoom and it was grayed out. I will check page 54 on the manual. And yes - I drew a box on my whole body.

lol, yup. did not fly the drone in the living room :D. I was outside when I tried the dolly zoom and it was grayed out. I will check page 54 on the manual. And yes - I drew a box on my whole body.

Yes, that sounds strange if you were airborne with your Anafi hven you try that function out. Dolly Zoom works as described in the English manual the last time I tried to perform it.

Sorry, but I meant page 55 in the manual.

There are a few of the "smart fly modes" I have to try out again when it hopefully stops raining this afternoon. :)

Regards Leif.

There have been others that said it was grayed out and to resolve the problem they had to delete the App, hard reboot the phone\tablet and reinstall the App. Might be worth a try.

Reactions: dmbrody
I’m stumped. I haven’t tried dolly zoom in a couple weeks, but I recall it took a couple seconds to un-grey after I drew the box. Maybe you didn’t wait long enough.

Try what @Agustine suggested. Delete and reinstall the app. Also, what phone are you using (iPhone, Android), and what model?

I’m stumped. I haven’t tried dolly zoom in a couple weeks, but I recall it took a couple seconds to un-grey after I drew the box. Maybe you didn’t wait long enough.

Try what @Agustine suggested. Delete and reinstall the app. Also, what phone are you using (iPhone, Android), and what model?
Yessssss, it works now. I knew if anyone can solve it, it's Agustine. Removed the app, reinstalled it and reconnected everything. Thanks Agustine. Everything is good -at least for now:D, also able to format the SD card through the drone. All is solved.

Last edited:
Now I've been out and making a lot of Dolly Zoom. You do:

1. Press the Manual "button" at the bottom of the screen to the left.
2. Touch Smartdronie.
3. Mark your object with a square.
4. Press the button on the left side that has become green with the text Smartdronie and select.
5. Select which of the three types of Dolly Zoom you want from the three "buttons" at the bottom of the screen.
6. Hold on hats and glasses for now, Miss Anafi will perform the selected type of Dolly Zoom.

Dolly Zoom is tested on a tablet with built-in GPS under Android.

Pleasure, Leif.

Yeah. @Agustine knows his stuff. He can get a little grumpy, but he knows his shyt. Lol.

LOL

qOxe3uH.jpg

Bad day I guess and just different opinions on how the RTH issue should have been settled. Now that it is fixed it is water under the bridge as they say.
Happy flying

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Off topic here since Agustine is also a member of the Autel Xpilots and I think we both agree...............Not trying to burn Autel since I like the company and I have my XSP. But maybe they should take a page out of Parrot's "How to" handbook. The Anafi came out....about the same time as the EVO. But they did not announce the release until they were good and ready. And the product may have some glitches but not the ones that the EVO had on it's first few weeks (like having an actual app that works on both platform - Android and iOs). And now they have this promo of a free battery not to mention that the actual drone comes with it's own carrying case sans the controller. Not sure if Parrot did this to boost sales but irregardless - this is good since the Mavic Pro 2 came out - but I think this is Parrot's way of saying - "Hey, we have a cheaper but good product nonetheless and were throwing in an extra battery". In any case, this is one of the many reasons why I bought the Anafi vs the EVO, not to mention that you still have to email them to give you the beta of the Explorer app for the iOs.

I agree with you, but I am a little pissed at Parrot for two reasons now. First one was lowering the in App purchase which was 32 bucks each in Canadian funds to just a couple of bucks. Not very fair to the people who bought into this new drone and helped work out the flaws so others could have good flights. The second is the combo packages, would have loved to get in on that work package.

As for the Autel EVO crowd most are first time fliers and have no idea what else is out there. They are so brain washed with Autel there is no way to show them that other UAV's are out there.
Not saying the EVO is a bad choice but hey for 300 bucks more then the Anafi I was not going to bite. Autel screwed all the old timers with the X-star and I will be dam if I will let them screw me again.

The Anafi has given me many hours of fun and seems to work as advertised. Just the Flight Planner is enough to keep me busy all day. :)

Last edited:
… little grumpy …?
Ok, on occasion!
:)

But what happened to me in August as I had just joined this forum:
Very grumpy …
:mad:

Oh well my goal was a little humor, not to dig up the past. Besides, what’s that saying about “he without sin” and something about throwing rocks. If I could remember exactly what that is, I’m pretty sure it applies.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I agree with you, but I am a little pissed at Parrot for two reasons now. First one was lowering the in App purchase which was 32 bucks each in Canadian funds to just a couple of bucks. Not very fair to the people who bought into this new drone and helped work out the flaws so others could have good flights. The second is the combo packages, would have loved to get in on that work package.

As for the Autel EVO crowd most are fist time fliers and have no idea what else is out there. They are so brain washed with Autel there is no way to show them that other UAV's are out there.
Not saying the EVO is a bad choice but hey for 300 bucks more then the Anafi I was not going to bite. Autel screwed all the old timers with the X-star and I will be dam if I will let them screw me again.

The Anafi has given me many hours of fun and seems to work as advertised. Just the Flight Planner is enough to keep me busy all day. :)
I too am a little pissed about these deals. I figure they must not have been selling as much as they wanted so they started dropping prices. It would be nice if they offered us early adopters something like a free battery or something. But I’d trade that if they just added a histogram to the app.

I too am a little pissed about these deals. I figure they must not have been selling as much as they wanted so they started dropping prices. It would be nice if they offered us early adopters something like a free battery or something. But I’d trade that if they just added a histogram to the app.

hahaha...........you are giving in way to easy. I like the free battery idea though :)

Reactions: slvervper99

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut