Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Down the Line, what improvements do you wish to see with the Anafi assuming we get a sequel to it?

If Parrot gets far enough for the US military to even consider a UAV from them do you really think what ever they come up with will be available to the average Joe consumer LOL Think again.

If Parrot gets far enough for the US military to even consider a UAV from them do you really think what ever they come up with will be available to the average Joe consumer LOL Think again.

Do I need to list the literally thousands of technologies developed for the military that made their way to consumers? Thank the military for drones and GPS for starters. Oh, maybe the internet too so I can respond to a really ignorant post.

Do I need to list the literally thousands of technologies developed for the military that made their way to consumers? Thank the military for drones and GPS for starters. Oh, maybe the internet too so I can respond to a really ignorant post.

Like I said think again. If and when they come up with a prototype to have the US look it over it will not be for the consumer to just buy off the shelf.

Here buy one of these, they are only about $190,000 each. :sneaky:

...Oh, maybe the internet too so I can respond to a really ignorant post.
Now now, gentlemen, flaming is not tolerated here. Yes, the early beginning of the Internet was ARPANET, which was a DOD project, and there is no question that both the Military and the Space Program have contributed in amazing ways to our modern world. I think that Parrot's quest to produce something for the US Military, if it works out, will have a trickle down effect on future consumer drones. How expensive that will be remains to be seen.
It's definitely a brave new world. ;)

I hope the Miitary expects excellent customer service and parts availability...trickle down on just these 2 points would be incredible.

With the news that the US DoD awarded a contract to Parrot to build a small surveillance drone, I was hopeful for an improvement in range. But the guidelines only required 3km range, obviously the anafi is already capable of that. That being said, I can't imagine the US Military would allow standard WiFi for communication. So I'm hopeful they will have to come up with a proprietary Ocusync type system that would greatly improve connectivity.
No, they will use special military frequency bands. So we will probably not be able to buy the "Military Surveillance Anafi". :(

I wish a factory made controller with in-built display and a 100% tested and approved software.
Above these, the communication chanels and freq. should be better than the normal wifi.

Reactions: Thanev
I wish a factory made controller with in-built display and a 100% tested and approved software.
Above these, the communication chanels and freq. should be better than the normal wifi.
Like the go pro karma drone has on its controller?

Yes, I'd also go for the controller with built in display as per Autel Evo. I really like the idea of just controller and drone to carry, get airborne, and take shots or footage, no connecting up and one less item to carry.

That plus micro SD card slot externally

Reactions: pmh1nic and Thanev
Yes, I'd also go for the controller with built in display as per Autel Evo. I really like the idea of just controller and drone to carry, get airborne, and take shots or footage, no connecting up and one less item to carry.

That plus micro SD card slot externally
I actually do like the internal SD card. More protection. Plus you really only need to swap it once in reality. :|

I just don't like using leads, plug in/plug out, having them hanging about, just gives me an air of 'making do' rather than 'proper job'. Don't get me wrong, I can do 'making do' when and if I have to, but I just don't think it's 'factory', and certainly not how permanent should be.

So I'd like to be able to get out my drone and controller, have a wee fly about, take some snaps and/or film (probably quite badly!), then pop out the card and in to the laptop to see the results of my efforts, no hangy leads necessary.

Fussy?,.................................maybe, but hey, somebody DID ask!

Reactions: Thanev
With the news that the US DoD awarded a contract to Parrot to build a small surveillance drone, I was hopeful for an improvement in range. But the guidelines only required 3km range, obviously the anafi is already capable of that. That being said, I can't imagine the US Military would allow standard WiFi for communication. So I'm hopeful they will have to come up with a proprietary Ocusync type system that would greatly improve connectivity.
We have a fleet of ANAFI's precisely for the same reason the US Army has chosen PARROT -> France is a NATO nation. DJI RPA's should never be used in sensitive scenarios, mainly because true transparency in any Chinese company is impossible. This is great news Parrot !!!

Honestly this is tough to say cause I love this drone in the short time I've had this. Quiet drone, solid camera that fits my needs and that 180 swivel is so perfect for my storm video. I can't necessarily comment on this right now as I only had this for a week but for those users that have had this for a while, assuming we get a Anafi 2.0 what kind of improvements do you hope to see? :) Not sure if some of the builders/programers also view the forums but that would be cool feedback. :D

Although I guess I would want a shade type filter to help eliminate sun flares and having this be on a separate wifi thing like the DJIs have.

DYNAMIC IN-SITU MANUAL SETTING FOR RTH POINT.

Reactions: Zamzara
Can you break that down for the simple minded.
Believe me, ask my wife, I'm the king of the simple minded....

I would like to set the RTH point manually, from FreeFlight, at any time during the flight. Ex: Set RTH at ANAFI current position. DJI has this feature.

Believe me, ask my wife, I'm the king of the simple minded....

I would like to set the RTH point manually, from FreeFlight, at any time during the flight. Ex: Set RTH at ANAFI current position. DJI has this feature.
Disadvantage: the precise landing function would not work if you choose another home point while flying higher than about 5m.

Disadvantage: the precise landing function would not work if you choose another home point while flying higher than about 5m.
You are absolutely right. However, I fly and land off moving vessels, always with wind. I either catch them by hand, or fly them into a net !!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante