Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Down the Line, what improvements do you wish to see with the Anafi assuming we get a sequel to it?

I'd like a sturdier SD card holder. My "door" came off somehow and I was lucky to be able to re-attach it's micro hinges. Now I handle it like it's made of rice paper!

I agree with the requests stated already, but I'd love to see more pre-programmed flight plans. For example, the Boomerang that is utilized by DJI is a much better pattern and results in a great video.
How about a PC solution that allows you to create/modify flight plans and transfer them the software on my iPhone?

Hi, I used to fly FPV with my earlier Bebop 2.
In FPV mode you see a line representing the horizon and tiltangles when banking, like in regular aircraft
Makes it nice to know if you gonna make it over the treetops or not.
So my wish is to have this feature to toggle on/off in cameraview.

I'd like a sturdier SD card holder. My "door" came off somehow and I was lucky to be able to re-attach it's micro hinges. Now I handle it like it's made of rice paper!
I never touch my SD-card, just plugging in my USB-C cable in the back of the Anafi and downloading my files. Gets about 20Mb/sec and 16Gb takes about 3-4min.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
I agree, voltage level for the 2 cells is a must to evaluate the state of the battery.

One major function that is missing is a way to stop the motors in flight. If a flyaway begins, the only safety feature left is some sort of emergency motor stop. Also, a way to configure what happens when it looses the signal between the TX and the Anafi. Something like a choice between RTH, land or just hold the position.

Also, warranty and shipping to Canada for parts, battery,...

No new feature but better reliability and security features (mentioned above).

Wow!
An "emergency motor stop" of an UAV most likely means, that you kill your drone. Do you really want that "feature"?

It's a last resort in case of a flyaway and here in Canada, Transport Canada requires that you know the emergency procedure in case of a malfunction. If you do any sort of commercial work, a way to terminate the flight is a must. Of course you kill your drone, but it's better than hitting people or property, anyway, if you have a flyaway and no way to make it fall from the sky you will loose it! It's the only drone/plane/helicopter that does not have that feature and I don't think it's safe.

It's a last resort in case of a flyaway and here in Canada, Transport Canada requires that you know the emergency procedure in case of a malfunction. If you do any sort of commercial work, a way to terminate the flight is a must. Of course you kill your drone, but it's better than hitting people or property, anyway, if you have a flyaway and no way to make it fall from the sky you will loose it! It's the only drone/plane/helicopter that does not have that feature and I don't think it's safe.
Ok, now I understand, why Parrot doesn't deliver to Canada. ?

I was thinking about that. Parrot will not register the Anafi as a drone that follows the new rules of TC so as of June 1st, the only place we can fly the Anafi in Canada is in class G air space! :-(

Well, sort of. The battery has to have some juice left, perhaps 15 %, and the Anafi has to be turned on (one quick press) and connected to the computer with the USB to USB C cable provided. The SD card will then appear as any external drive and you can cut or copy whatever is in the DCIM folder and its sub folders.

Reactions: Philb
Well, sort of. The battery has to have some juice left, perhaps 15 %, and the Anafi has to be turned on (one quick press) and connected to the computer with the USB to USB C cable provided. The SD card will then appear as any external drive and you can cut or copy whatever is in the DCIM folder and its sub folders.

This is is really good to know! (insert confetti here)

I was thinking about that. Parrot will not register the Anafi as a drone that follows the new rules of TC so as of June 1st, the only place we can fly the Anafi in Canada is in class G air space! :-(
Most of the DJI models are certified as you see in the attached link.I tend to forward this link to people looking for a drone in Canada,as it shows what manufactures and their models meet the required criteria for advanced flying,which opens more possibilities to enjoy the hobby.
I find the title of this link quite interesting...

Choosing the right drone - Transport Canada

Last edited:
Most of the DJI models are certified as you see in the attached link.I tend to forward this link to people looking for a drone in Canada,as it shows what manufactures and their models meet the required criteria for advanced flying,which opens more possibilities to enjoy the hobby.
I find the title of this link quite interesting...

Choosing the right drone - Transport Canada

Even if they did get the Anafi approved there are no batteries left any where in Canada to keep flying in the future LOL Time for a good battery hack to come out.

First step would be Parrot contacting the powers-that-be and communicating in a clear and concise manner.But there seems to be a problem as Parrot has no communication capabilities...
...or warranty,parts,service,shipping,...

Connectivity is definitely the biggie. I fly the Anafi and the Mavic Pro and range is the biggest weakness of the Anafi compared to the Mavic. Those complaining about only a two-axis gimbal are likely not aware of how little the third axis on the gimbal actually contributes. When I first got my Mavic I was waiting to be blown away by a true three-axis gimbal. I'm still waiting. I can tell which drone produced a video by whether the props are in it and whether the zoom is smooth or jerky. I don't notice whether it has two or three axes on the gimbal. The other way I can tell it is the Mavic's video and not the Anafi is by how far it flies.

If the Anafi successor has an improved connectivity system which offers extra range and stability over and above WiFi I will get it. A drone really needs to be able to have control range and flight endurance range which go together. There is no point in having a drone that you can control 10 km away if the battery will struggle to get you out 5km then back again. I can't imagine Parrot being able to make the Anafi more than, say, 10% lighter than it is already, or use batteries with significantly more power. Endurance range, there and back, of 10 km would be great, which would require an improved signal handling system so that a control range of 5km could be achieved, ideally in less than perfect open line-of-sight. If the Anafi 2 can fly half as far again as the Mavic Air it will sell really well.

What I don't want is obstacle avoidance, or rather it is a price point and weight penalty I don't think the Anafi customers want to bother with. If it doesn't make the drone lighter don't add it.

The open it up and it switches on trick isn't something that the rivals have copied. I would rather open the controller, make sure my phone was firmly clamped with the USB cable connected and then and only then power up the controller. I can't imagine that an on/off switch would add much to the cost.

An option to require confirmation before landing would be good. Having a significant part of the screen and controller as a one hit and it lands control is a bit hairy when you are flying over water or in terrain where a reduction in height might cause signal loss. If your phone slips from your hand and you press "land" accidentally the drone could drop out of contact and then land somewhere that could get you, the drone or both into a lot of trouble.

Reactions: Zamzara and Thanev
I would like to see a different controller design.
Something more like most controllers and with an on/off button.
I don't mind the design but more so make it more easier to use for those with phone cases as it has a tendency to slip out.

So you're saying that you can access the SD card "through" the battery?! o_O:D
Yep, just connect the drone with battery attached, like U do when charging, to the computer, turn Anafi on and the drone will become a regular USB-memory device.
Just extract the film/photos and then delete everything in root of SD-card, since Anafi writes indexfiles that also takes memoryspace on the SD-card.
(The filestructure will be recreated by Anafi next time U turn it on.)
Now turn Anafi off and move USB-cable to a 2,4A or PD-charger.
Bottom line, no fuzzing around with this delicate SD-card hinge every time.

Yep, just connect the drone with battery attached, like U do when charging, to the computer, turn Anafi on and the drone will become a regular USB-memory device.
Just extract the film/photos and then delete everything in root of SD-card, since Anafi writes indexfiles that also takes memoryspace on the SD-card.
(The filestructure will be recreated by Anafi next time U turn it on.)
Now turn Anafi off and move USB-cable to a 2,4A or PD-charger.
Bottom line, no fuzzing around with this delicate SD-card hinge every time.

Better yet get the battery charger that can charge three batteries at once, fast, from either AC or 12 volt DC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320