Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Down the Line, what improvements do you wish to see with the Anafi assuming we get a sequel to it?

Even if they did get the Anafi approved there are no batteries left any where in Canada to keep flying in the future LOL Time for a good battery hack to come out.
FYI we are the (not) new Parrot distributor for Western and soon to be Canada in a few weeks and I will be ordering parts including batteries for ANAFI to sell here in Canada. Reach out to me here and hope that helps

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
FYI we are the (not) new Parrot distributor for Western and soon to be Canada in a few weeks and I will be ordering parts including batteries for ANAFI to sell here in Canada. Reach out to me here and hope that helps

Sounds wonderful. Hope it all works out for you. Perhaps you might be interested in a Ad on the forum. If so let me know and I will relay it to the Admin. It would be nice to have a dealer supporting the site. :)

First step would be Parrot contacting the powers-that-be and communicating in a clear and concise manner.But there seems to be a problem as Parrot has no communication capabilities...
...or warranty,parts,service,shipping,...
Agreed, as the distributor here in Canada they are not the best with communication. We have been describing the situation to them and how people feel about their service and they are working on it. There are things going on in the background that for sure made it difficult to deal with them but we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. FYI we are carrying parts and will service them as well if you ever need that. Shipping will be from Calgary and Toronto soon. Reach out to me here if you have any questions

Reactions: Thanev
These are all pretty minor as the drone is already really good.

1) Removable sunshade built into the camera body. It has a tendency to have lots of lens flare.
2) Improved range and connection stability.
3) Propellers designed for better reliability (seems lots of crashes have happened due to propeller failure)
4) Even quieter with longer flight time (these are already superb, so any improvement would be amazing)
5) Improved position holding...seems to drift quite a bit
6) Improved 3rd axis stabilization for the camera

Yep, did my first flights today with an Anafi, coming from a AR->BB1->BB2->Spark->Air and I'm a bit shocked at how unstable it is, it really bobs around. It's not too obvious while filming or taking pictures (apart from the horizon that can be tilted) thanks to the gimbal doing a good job but it's a problem for Panoramas as the stitching shows way more errors than with the Spark or the Air (they do happen of course). As a result I'm not sure I'll be keeping it...well I'll give it some more time.

The choice to select wifi shut down automatically on take off and airplane mode applied automatically would be nice ...

Just got mine a couple of days ago, so my initial impressions may change but here are a few of things I would like to see.

1) The camera seems to have noticeable distortion on anything that is not dead center. As a photographer, I know wide angle lens distort. This one seems to be a little more noticeable than my DJI Spark and my Yuneec Q500. However, my assessments are not complete. This may change as i do more test.
2) The controller does not fit my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the Unicorn Beetle Case. This phone has the curved glass face which is very fragile and a protective case is a must. Anyone know of an aftermarket bracket that would help here?
3) Parrot has done such a nice job with this level drone I would like to seem them take it to the next level. Even if it means a larger drone.
A one inch sensor with a mechanical shutter and a optical zoom. I would place my order today!

I use this bracket with my Note9 andbit works great. Company had excellent service as well:

One thing that has been a real problem for me is that is is not that easy to distinguish between video on or off on a small smartphone screen while controlling the drone. A distressing number of times I have turned the camera off when I wanted it on or vice versa. If Parrot would simply remap the ON button to green instead of the little red square it would be much more obvious whether the video was on or off.

One thing that has been a real problem for me is that is is not that easy to distinguish between video on or off on a small smartphone screen while controlling the drone. A distressing number of times I have turned the camera off when I wanted it on or vice versa. If Parrot would simply remap the ON button to green instead of the little red square it would be much more obvious whether the video was on or off.

Also in some modes when the screen is showing more information it displays differently, displaying the record button as if it hasn't been switched on while the video is rolling. I have taken to watching the timer to see if it is recording, this works but it is not ideal as it can mean going onto mental autopilot, maybe hovering or flying slowly rather than getting on with the mission while my concentration is divided between flying tasks and photography settings. The recording indicator should at least be consistent so the fact that the video is running should take the swiftest of glances to confirm.

Just got mine a couple of days ago, so my initial impressions may change but here are a few of things I would like to see.

1) The camera seems to have noticeable distortion on anything that is not dead center. As a photographer, I know wide angle lens distort. This one seems to be a little more noticeable than my DJI Spark and my Yuneec Q500. However, my assessments are not complete. This may change as i do more test.
2) The controller does not fit my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the Unicorn Beetle Case. This phone has the curved glass face which is very fragile and a protective case is a must. Anyone know of an aftermarket bracket that would help here?
3) Parrot has done such a nice job with this level drone I would like to seem them take it to the next level. Even if it means a larger drone.
A one inch sensor with a mechanical shutter and a optical zoom. I would place my order today!
Parrot now also makes a tablet holder for the ski controller it'll be $60 and we should have stock soon

A slight addition to Flight Plan:

Currently, when the flight plan reaches the last way point, you can tell the ANAFI to land, or do nothing, in which case it hovers in place. It would be somewhat elegant if you could imitate RTH upon completion of the flight plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow