Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fake GPS Tutorial

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I have tried to gather working options for Fake GPS from the forums posts. If you guys have anything to add or remove please let me know so I can update it.
If you are having troubles with Fake GPS please start a separate thread of the problem. To get the fastest answer and possible solution do not post in someone else's post.
Also if you have any suggestions on which Fake GPS works best for you let us know.
Thanks

Android

Download 'Fake GPS' from the Play Store.
Open the app and it gives you the link to 'developer options'
Enable developer options and look for the 'select mock location app' and tell it you want to use Fake GPS.
Go back to Fake GPS and move the map until you're in the heart of middle America (I chose somewhere in Nebraska) then press the green button.
Put your phone in airplane mode.
Connect the phone to the controller and it opens FreeFlight 6 automatically.
Power on the Anafi and let the controller find it.
Now go to options and network and voila, full spectrum of channels.
Change to manual and set channel 165 .
enable only gps in android smarthphone options and disable high precision over wifi and net if not the fcc will be disable and back on 2.4ghz ce. Set manual channel 166 not auto 5ghz button.

Apple
This might or might not work for iOS systems.

Can you clarify whether you leave FakeGPS running when flying the Anafi or whether you stop it before taking off? If it is the latter then does FF6 display the correct distances from the controller to the Anafi?

Can you clarify whether you leave FakeGPS running when flying the Anafi or whether you stop it before taking off? If it is the latter then does FF6 display the correct distances from the controller to the Anafi?

I definitely stop it so that to can get accurate distance stats

Reactions: KGRAT
This is my tutorial for OnePlus phones.

I had to do this method with the OnePlus 6T
>Obviously MUST have location settings set to GPS only

>Quick phone restart (not necessary but I do it anyway)
>Disable wifi/bluetooth, keep 4G data on (***make sure data is on - the 6T must have data on!! I don't know why but without it, fakeGPS does not unlock the 5G channels***)
>GPS on
>run Fake GPS, middle of USA (Nebraska), enable
>SC3 on and plug phone in and FF6 load
>Anafi on
>connect
>Select settings>network>manual then choose a 5G channel (I found lower channels go further)
>Airplane mode enable
>pause FakeGPS (to get correct distance from home measurements in FF6)
>Double check 5G is still on
>Fly!

Obviously the OnePlus 6T needs a slightly varied method. But this works 100% of the time. If you struggle with the OP's method then try this one

The problem is when you want to load the local map... You have to use Internet, then no more FCC...

So This is what I do :

- Internet on, load first the local map you need. Important
- Switch fake GPS on, middle USA et load a bit of american map (this is important)
- Switch off Internet
- Connect Controler and Anafi (I believe this works too if Anafi's GPS is already ready, but I must verify again)
- Disable fake GPS

If the phone/tablet is never connected to Internet after that, Fake Gps is not necessary for the next time, until a new map has to be loaded

The problem is when you want to load the local map... You have to use Internet, then no more FCC...

So This is what I do :

- Switch fake GPS on, middle USA et load a bit of american map (this is important)
- Switch off Internet
- Connect Controler and Anafi (I believe this works too if Anafi's GPS is already ready, but I must verify again)
- Disable fake GPS

If the phone/tablet is never connected to Internet after that, Fake Gps is not necessary for the next time, until a new map has to be loaded
Or use the option to cache the flight map with freeflight app with internet enabled and smarthphone gps off.

So This is what I do :

- Switch off Internet
- Disable fake GPS

I noticed this:
Switch from CE and FCC only if data enabled. So I usually:
1) open ff6 and download map
2) close ff6, enabled fakegps
3) check ff6 is in US
4) close ff6 then data and fakegps.
5) connect the controller, autostart ff6, connect drone.
6) check FCC mode enabled (always for me)

It's good if i stop flying for some time... I have to remember only to open ff6 with data disabled when i fly again.

This make me thinking that FF6 connect to a server ti check if use CE mode or FCC mode.
I was thinking about change host file to disable connections to parrot.com

Last edited:
Reactions: ds2atc and Skassa
I believe one of the guys on Slack has tested FakeGPS and reported that it still works, as well as confirming ADB access is still available.

Just checked and "Ender" confirms FakeGPS still works :)

I believe one of the guys on Slack has tested FakeGPS and reported that it still works, as well as confirming ADB access is still available.

Works complete of precise telemetry with 165 channel?
Pause fakegps with actual gps [not U.S.A.] and still stay 165 channel and not reset to ce with limited 5G 40 to 60 channels and frequency?

for what ADB access to anafi can be useful?

On past releases we have been able to used ADB to change/upload a file to the system to force FCC mode without having to use FakeGPS trick.

I dont believe that hack has been tested on today's firmware update, but I am sure it will be

Hi, thank you for your advices, finally I used this on my CAT S60:
0) phone internet, wifi, all is on, as usually
1) USB connect my CAT to RC, it opens the FF6 and internet download, preparing the local map where I am, where I'll fly, it will be in the memory later
2) start fakeGPS into USA
3) internet download the other map from the USA also
4) I switch my phone to airplane mode here (both map still in the memory)
5) at this point I have to push the FLY on the display and see the black picture (any other step my FF6 exit with error)
6) Push the start button on the Anafi, wait...connecting with 5G, a few second later I see the camera live display, OK
7) I push the drone icon and calibrate the drone, rotating it as it shown , OK
8) I check the network is still in 5G 165, OK, FCC mode is OK, drone is OK
6) I stop the fakeGPS (normal GPS is On in my CAT)
7) FF6 show the green, real GPS sign, I see the map where I am, and Anafi has green GPS sign also
8) last check on the FF6 display map, Anafi icon and my home point is the same, RTH will be OK later
TAKE-OFF and FLYYYYYYY (and I see continously the previously downloaded local map from the memory)

Forgive my ignorance but I did not think that you could have more than one map downloaded to FF6 memory at once. I thought that downloading a new position map would overwrite the previous one otherwise the phones memory would eventually fill up.

Forgive my ignorance but I did not think that you could have more than one map downloaded to FF6 memory at once. I thought that downloading a new position map would overwrite the previous one otherwise the phones memory would eventually fill up.

Hi, I tought it too. But I can tell you that I am sitting now in my living room in Budapest. I start FF6, Load map, and I see my current positoon map. Ok, exit FF6. I switch my phone to Airplane mode. Only my GPS is on. I start the fake GPS, it shows the last choosed USA position, ok, not change it, green start. I start the FF6, Load map. And I see the USA map based on fakeGPS from memory. OK. Exit FF6. Stop Fake GPS. Still I am in airplane mode.
Try again. Start FF6, Load map. And I see now the current position map from memory. Exit. I start fakeGPS, I start FF6, Load map and I see the usa map in airplane mode. So I think they are both in memory.
Anafi is off now. I push the dron icon on the top. It shows the drone last position map in the little display and it is a third map at the Balaton where I was two days ago.... I don't know how many map in the memory or what is the size of it just write what I see now.

Hi, I tought it too. But I can tell you that I am sitting now in my living room in Budapest. I start FF6, Load map, and I see my current positoon map. Ok, exit FF6. I switch my phone to Airplane mode. Only my GPS is on. I start the fake GPS, it shows the last choosed USA position, ok, not change it, green start. I start the FF6, Load map. And I see the USA map based on fakeGPS from memory. OK. Exit FF6. Stop Fake GPS. Still I am in airplane mode.
Try again. Start FF6, Load map. And I see now the current position map from memory. Exit. I start fakeGPS, I start FF6, Load map and I see the usa map in airplane mode. So I think they are both in memory.
Anafi is off now. I push the dron icon on the top. It shows the drone last position map in the little display and it is a third map at the Balaton where I was two days ago.... I don't know how many map in the memory or what is the size of it just write what I see now.
One question on the new app and firmware:
With the new firmware the 5g channel 165 is avaiable and select in manual mode in Ce? Or is selectable only in FCC mode?

From what I saw yesterday when I was updating everything and I was checking 5Ghz mode, 165 was still selectable, and I am in the UK.... BUT not physically tested it due to poor weather.

I made the updating now. Wow, I can choose the 5G without the fakeGPS, only from the FF6 here in Budapest. Thank you Parrot

I made the updating now. Wow, I can choose the 5G without the fakeGPS, only from the FF6 here in Budapest. Thank you Parrot
Yes but frequency is low and not strong like FCC.. I think if you see 36 to 48 channels [unavailable in CE] with fakegps trick the others channels will be more strong and better.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian