Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Finding my Anafi

Panamaramas

Reaction score
Today I lost my Anafi when it inadvertently dropped from the sky. Is there any kind of "find your drone" feature as with DJI or can someone recommend a good tracking method? Thanks!

If the battery is still connected it should still have WiFi. I don't know about whether it is the best technique but go to where you think it is with your phone on and search out its WiFi. Once you are in range of your phone's WiFi you will definitely be in controller range so try to connect. I found mine this way, twice. I searched with my phone then connected the controller so I could see the video feed, which not surprisingly showed vegetation really close up and out of focus. You then should be able to see the Anafi on your map. After the second time I bought a phone that has a compass in it so it would be easier if I ever had to do it again. If it does have the battery connected it will be mewing like a kitten and anybody nearby should hear it so get back out there before somebody else finds it!

As I understand it if you fire up FF6 on the device that you were using when you lost the Anafi and then press the drone icon at the top of the screen then the small map in the top right corner of the s reen that opens will show the last known position of the Anafi along with GPS coordinates. I have found the coordinates to be a bit off but it should narrow down the search area. Also on the map is an icon that you can press to make the Abafi beep if it still has any power and is connected to either the phone or the controller.

Reactions: Thanev
If you are able to grab the last JSON flight log file from your controller device, you can use ShowAnafiLog to see what happen in the very last seconds of thetime where the the drone still sent telemetry. Is it still flying and if so, how fast and in which direction. You can create a KML file for Google Earth and let it play the flight.

See: Show Anafi Log Project

br HE

If you still have a connection then first of all go to the drone info page as shown in my attached picture. On the map is a bell icon. Tick the icon. Now your drone will emit a high beeping sound. If it is close enough you'll be able to hear it.

If you are not near then you should tick the location coordinates underneath the (C)2019 Google. This will bring you to Google Maps where your last known position is shown. At least you'll be near it.

If the battery didn't fall on at the time of crashing your drone should still be on. I use a Wifi Analyzer tool Wifi Analyzer - Apps op Google Play
This will show you the signal strenght. Just walk around and try to find out where the strongest signal is. When you are real close the signal will peak. I used it a few times to locate my BB2 that landed in high grass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronni