Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

flight data lost drone?

BoomerXL

Reaction score
hello everyone,

unfortunately my anafi stopped flying spontaneously on his last flight and fell from the sky! I was filming my son surfing so the drone is at the bottom of the sea :-(.

I can't find any data from the last flight in the controller. Is that correct? Doesn't he register the flight if he doesn't come back properly? I find that strange because he also registers flights with a crash?
He did indicate the last known location (but has since been overwritten because I also fly with another drone).

Is there a way to get to all the information from the controller?
Hope you can help me! Thanks!

Kind regards,
BoomerXL

i dont think so,if you hit something anafi will see it as a crash and you should be able to see that in freeflight,if your anafi lost power and fell you should be able to see last location in map but thats all…to simplify,when you take
off your anafi records data,once you land anafi data is saved and you can see it in freeflight or flight data manager(pc app)…
you can try you luck by installing flight data manager on your pc,you simply install app and sign in using same username and password you use to login in freeflight6,you will see all your flights,by clicking on flight you can see graph,gps,battery,wifi etc…..you never know,you might see last flight of that anafi

Thx! I made a screendump off the last know location luckily (it is gone now).
I downloaded the flight datamanager but I get an error when entering my crendentials.

But now I at least understand why the flight is not on the controller.

Thx! I made a screendump off the last know location luckily (it is gone now).
I downloaded the flight datamanager but I get an error when entering my crendentials.

But now I at least understand why the flight is not on the controller.
You may be able to find some flight data in a Blackbox file located on smart device
Are using android or iOS?
Are you using parrots FF6 or modified version?

I am using the normal FF6 on IOS. I used the controller with another anafi after I the loss (I had an old spare unit) so hopefully those are not temp files then. How can I get to this blackbox file? Thx!

I am using the normal FF6 on IOS. I used the controller with another anafi after I the loss (I had an old spare unit) so hopefully those are not temp files then. How can I get to this blackbox file? Thx!
Try opening file manager and browse on My iPhone. Open freeflight6 directory should be a folder called blackbox with files in it.
Let me know if you can find them and I’ll respond on next steps

The files are compressed so you need to unzip and save with extension .json
You can then open them with Show Anafi Log program below
Will not show all data as with the normal json flight logs in FF6 but will be useful
I believe it only shows last 60 seconds of battery voltage - but may give you an idea of what happened
Around 6600 mv Anafi will shut down - compare voltage to battery charge level could indicate failed battery
let us know if any questions or issues

Reactions: jaja6009

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame