Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight Plan for single photo in certain waypoints

Reaction score
Hi
I would need to create flight plans for Parrot Anafi where I can set a certain number of waypoints and the drone takes a photo only in these waypoints. For now I only found examples of flight plans to take a photo every time a certain period of seconds has passed. Can anyone help me?

Hello Fabio,

If I had to do that, for example take a vertical picture of the swimming pool between the 2 points below :
14673FAE-7840-4B6A-BA3C-EA882047829E.jpeg
I would :
- first turn the gimbal at 90° from the take off point
add waypoint at the exact point where swimming pool is (and where you need to take the picture, see below)
78AC444A-54C7-498B-9CB2-A50713DBCCE1.jpeg
- Then I would edit the flight plan to take a picture at this waypoint (every 2 seconds For example as it is the shortest interval)
- At this same way point, I would add a 2 second pause to be sure the picture is at this waypoint...
In the editing example below, I removed the video for clarity (and to be sure the picture is shot right at the vertical of the waypoint).
E89BE691-D945-4A34-8A12-980EA90E6229.png

Hope this helps...

This also can be done with @abant program found here. With a little practice his program is easy to use. He also has a tutorial for new users.

Hello Fabio,

If I had to do that, for example take a vertical picture of the swimming pool between the 2 points below :
View attachment 5162
I would :
- first turn the gimbal at 90° from the take off point
add waypoint at the exact point where swimming pool is (and where you need to take the picture, see below)
View attachment 5163
- Then I would edit the flight plan to take a picture at this waypoint (every 2 seconds For example as it is the shortest interval)
- At this same way point, I would add a 2 second pause to be sure the picture is at this waypoint...
In the editing example below, I removed the video for clarity (and to be sure the picture is shot right at the vertical of the waypoint).
View attachment 5165

Hope this helps...
Thanks! I created a flight plan the way you suggested, I tried it, and the drone did what I needed. Just a question: can the pause of 2 seconds be reduced to 1 second or is it related to the period?

Reactions: MustangPhil
Great if you made it work the way you need !
In fact the pause can be a small as 1 second. I just proposed 2 seconds to be sure to synchronize the ‘1 shot every 2 seconds’ with the length of the pause to be sure you get 1 or 2 shots of the exact position of the waypoint.

I was mainly suggesting the ‘pause’ function, because it adds an event in the navigation timeline and you don’t get the ‘take a picture event’ during the rest of the trip.
The advantage of 2 or 3 seconds of ‘pause’ is to get the Anafi stand still during the shots to avoid motion blur on the images...

You may try 1 second after the waypoint and test if you get your picture ? (I’m not an expert and never tried that)

I also tried a flight plan with a pause of 1 second and it worked fine. Is it possible to force the camera to orient itself downwards using the flight plan, without having to move it by hand with the pad?

Yes of course, the flight plan is specialized in doing camera motions.

You can set the gimbal position for each waypoint using the green round icon.

In the example above, I swiped the green icon to the very bottom of the timeline and chose a 90° rotation to the ground at the speed of 10°/second.
In the example, I chose this rotation just after take-off, but you can orient the gimbal at each waypoint.

I would like to ask you one more thing. Is it possible to set the videos and the images to be thermal directly from the flight plan?

I am afraid I can’t help you for the thermal specific questions.

I do not have an Anafi Thermal, and the user’s manual is not very helpful in regard to the FlightPlan features (I also check the last version of the Anafi Thermal pdf user’s manual and they don’t even mention the existence of the timeline).

You may want to try it on the field, but I’m afraid the Flight Plan feature is only programmable for visible photo and video. I even tried to set the video for ‘video 25fps’ in the camera settings in manual flight and it remains at 30fps in the FlightPlan menus.

You still can try to ask your question in the Anafi Thermal specific Sub-forum (you are here in the ‘regular Anafi’ forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut