Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight speed drops as signal from controller weakens?

Dronographer

Reaction score
This is likely something everyone knows already, or is not an accurate observation on my part perhaps. But in playing around with different antennas I noticed that the Anafi flight speed in the upper left corner of the screen next to altitude and distance, seems to flucuate with signal strength. What I mean is that by keeping an eye on drone speed in sport mode, I can tell if I need to raise or lower the controller for optimim reception of the
wifi. When I have the controller aimed optimally, flight speed is in the high 40 fps or low 50’s. When I approach the end of the flight range I am down in the single digits. Now these are strictly flight range tests comparing antennas and I am flying in Sport mode flat out.

Now is Anafi actually slowing down or is the signal just not registering? I have not been shooting video while doing these range tests...but that would be an easy way to find out.

This is also not going to be useful in Film speed mode. But I find it interesting.

This is likely something everyone knows already, or is not an accurate observation on my part perhaps. But in playing around with different antennas I noticed that the Anafi flight speed in the upper left corner of the screen next to altitude and distance, seems to flucuate with signal strength. What I mean is that by keeping an eye on drone speed in sport mode, I can tell if I need to raise or lower the controller for optimim reception of the
wifi. When I have the controller aimed optimally, flight speed is in the high 40 fps or low 50’s. When I approach the end of the flight range I am down in the single digits. Now these are strictly flight range tests comparing antennas and I am flying in Sport mode flat out.

Now is Anafi actually slowing down or is the signal just not registering? I have not been shooting video while doing these range tests...but that would be an easy way to find out.

This is also not going to be useful in Film speed mode. But I find it interesting.

If you look in your log with Helmut's logfile viewer, you can see the exact speed throughout the flight as the speed view comes direct from Anafis GPS.

Let us know what you see in the log.

Regards, Leif.

This would be expected behaviour for a GPS drone. The correct action when not receiving a signal would be to stop and hold position. If the signal is intermittent then the drone would be constantly switching between responding to your input and applying the brakes.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Is there anything for us Mac or Linux users like this that you know of Leif?
Yes, there is a LINUX version.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Yes, there is a LINUX version.
I'll have to shout you a drink of your choice one day, Dirk! Thanks for all your help here it's appreciated. :)

Is there anything for us Mac or Linux users like this that you know of Leif?

Not something Im aware on. There has been a bit of talk about both a Linux and a MAC version at the end of the thread about Helmut's LogReader but as I understand there has not come out an executable version of the "talk". Wasn't it better you also let your Linux machine boot on a Windows version too ? Then you can avoid sitting and sighing over all the wonderful software that you can't run Alex ? :)

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Efliernz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator