Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app - With Special Features

6.8 was 3% reading with my oldest battery. I landed at 1%. The voltage read just below 6.7.
It recovered to 6.960 with in seconds of landing.
It will be damaged by then, so it would be good if you signaled around 7.6-7.5 V to go home ...
Of course, even without the signs, it's great ...

Guys you have to remember the voltage reading is under load - if you land at 7.1V, open circuit recovery voltage will be over 7.4V in a few moments. Not dangerous at all.

For me personally having spoke to various LiPo manufacturers using down to 3.3 - 3.4 per cell (load voltage) is perfectly safe and should not effect no. of cycles of use.

And I noticed this while testing - my batteries can sit at 7.2V to 7.3V for several minutes - that is the voltage area that the batteries are providing the longest power for hence why I have decided 7190mV (~ 3.6v p/c) for the warning, then 6800mV (~3.4v p/c) for the critical warning, still gives you time to land safely if you forgot about the battery level.

Guys you have to remember the voltage reading is under load - if you land at 7.1V, open circuit recovery voltage will be over 7.4V in a few moments. Not dangerous at all.

For me personally having spoke to various LiPo manufacturers using down to 3.3 - 3.4 per cell (load voltage) is perfectly safe and should not effect no. of cycles of use.

And I noticed this while testing - my batteries can sit at 7.2V to 7.3V for several minutes - that is the voltage area that the batteries are providing the longest power for hence why I have decided 7190mV (~ 3.6v p/c) for the warning, then 6800mV (~3.4v p/c) for the critical warning, still gives you time to land safely if you forgot about the battery level.
I don’t want to argue, but in the Solaris8x86 video, I saw that under load, a worn-out battery reached the shutdown voltage very quickly.
As long as the 7.0V voltage lasted for 12 data sets
Until then 6.9V only 6 lines (half)
6.8V only 4 lines (half of that)
6.7V only 2 lines left (again half)
This is an exponential voltage drop!
There is not enough time to land (especially if you are above water).
That's why we thought about early warning ... Of course, everyone can decide for themselves ...
Can version 6.6.2_FFC be solved?

Reactions: Martre
Thanks for your great work! As other users I don't want to upgrade the fw so if possible to apply to the 6.6.2 it would be great.
2 questions: is there a way to increase the vertical speed and avoid auto landing?

I will have a look, as long as the arsdk library is the same then it should be feasible.

Last edited:
I don’t want to argue, but in the Solaris8x86 video, I saw that under load, a worn-out battery reached the shutdown voltage very quickly.
As long as the 7.0V voltage lasted for 12 data sets
Until then 6.9V only 6 lines (half)
6.8V only 4 lines (half of that)
6.7V only 2 lines left (again half)
This is an exponential voltage drop!
There is not enough time to land (especially if you are above water).
That's why we thought about early warning ... Of course, everyone can decide for themselves ...
Can version 6.6.2_FFC be solved?

I understand but as I said in that thread he started with faulty batteries - so that is not a good example to use.

My most worn out battery reaches 7.2V at under 18%, as I do not fly below 25%-30% I will never see this warning nor do I ever see the battery level warnings below 20%.

In the end we have the voltage display on screen just like we have the battery level - everyone is free to decide where they think is the limit and land. This information gives us all the freedom to decide for ourselves.

Nothing to argue about :)

I understand but as I said in that thread he started with faulty batteries - so that is not a good example to use.

My most worn out battery reaches 7.2V at under 18%, as I do not fly below 25%-30% I will never see this warning nor do I ever see the battery level warnings below 20%.

In the end we have the voltage display on screen just like we have the battery level - everyone is free to decide where they think is the limit and land. This information gives us all the freedom to decide for ourselves.

Nothing to argue about :)
Thank you, your answer is reassured.
One more question (can anyone answer): does this latest FF6 6.7.0 work with the old 6.6.3 firmware? Don't force the upgrade?

I have been using the moded version made by ds2atc unti now. I live in Greece and we have ce channels by default. With ds2atc's version, I was having fcc channels here (36-40). I decided to replace the moded version with your latest which shows the battery level. Unfortunately it lost the fcc channels, even though the mobile phone's country is set to USA. Is there any procedure I should perform to switch to fcc mode?

Στάλθηκε από το MI 5s Plus μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I have been using the moded version made by ds2atc unti now. I live in Greece and we have ce channels by default. With ds2atc's version, I was having fcc channels here (36-40). I decided to replace the moded version with your latest which shows the battery level. Unfortunately it lost the fcc channels, even though the mobile phone's country is set to USA. Is there any procedure I should perform to switch to fcc mode?

Στάλθηκε από το MI 5s Plus μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sorry yes I was trying to post both versions - one non FCC and one with FCC - links to both posted with correct filenames.

One more question (can anyone answer): does this latest FF6 6.7.0 work with the old 6.6.3 firmware? Don't force the upgrade?
I have loaded AnafiPilot1's modified FF6 6.7.0 to a tablet that I do not use for flying to test whether it will work as I still use FF6 6.6.3. When I start FF6 6.7.0 it asks whether I want to update the Anafi and I pressed Cancel. I can see the camera view, and move the camera up and down but not zoom, and also see the battery voltage in FF6 6.7.0 but I am unable to select any Video or Photo settings. Those boxes remain blank. I did not test whether the Anafi would fly with the new FF6 and the old 1.6.3 Firmware due to the lack of camera settings and I did not know what else may not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
I have loaded AnafiPilot1's modified FF6 6.7.0 to a tablet that I do not use for flying to test whether it will work as I still use FF6 6.6.3. When I start FF6 6.7.0 it asks whether I want to update the Anafi and I pressed Cancel. I can see the camera view, and move the camera up and down but not zoom, and also see the battery voltage in FF6 6.7.0 but I am unable to select any Video or Photo settings. Those boxes remain blank. I did not test whether the Anafi would fly with the new FF6 and the old 1.6.3 Firmware due to the lack of camera settings and I did not know what else may not work.
Thanks for the test. I guessed the firmware-software pair should also be new for trouble-free operation. That's why I asked our friend Anafipilot1 to, if he can, do a 6.6.3_203_FCC bring a mod where the battery voltage is displayed. I hope (and still don't want to update fw.)

When I download both, both are named FCC.
Sure, that’s the one I want, but if they should be different but have the same filename, which one is which one?

Both links do appear to download a file with FCC in the name. We will have to be patient and wait for AnafiPilot1 to advise us whether there is a problem with the links.

Thanks liger for this confirmation. I didn’t really know if it was a trouble with my smartphone or not.

No problem to wait of course

When I download both, both are named FCC.
Sure, that’s the one I want, but if they should be different but have the same filename, which one is which one?

I renamed the file on google drive, but for some reason it still downloads as the old file name - links are correct and file versions are correct.

I will just recreate the link, so the filename is correct.

I will have time next week to look at a FF6 6.6.x version.

1) So the question is what is the preferred version for people on the 6.6.x app?

2) With further testing on my battery packs, I think it makes more sense to move Critical Battery Alert to 7000mV (~ 3.5V per cell). I am keeping the Warning Battery alert at 7190mV, as again with testing I see my batteries deliver most of their runtime around the 7200-7300mV range.

3) Have not looked in to yet, but if it is possible does anyone see the point of logging this information? I was thinking it might be nice to log - Battery Voltage, Battery Level, Cycle Count/Health, and Battery Serial number in the phone logcat. If I can do it without impacting app performance. What do we think?

4) Finally, for the FCC mode users - are you happy with the fixed FCC mode, or do you prefer @ds2atc method of being able to switch FCC on or off? If @ds2atc is ok with it, I can integrate his method.

Thanks for your offer to look at earlier versions of FF6

1) I use @ds2atc FF6_6.6.2.203_FCC.apk but I am seriously considering moving to 6.7.0 and updating the Anafi and batteries as the main reason for the "fall out of the sky" occurrences appears yo be incorrect representation of the remaining battery life in FF6.

2) I agree with your logic

3) Whilst it would be nice to be able to log the battery parameters if it is not possible then I would use a screen recorder video to see the battery % v Voltage after the flight. Would the log file be overwritten at each flight or a new one created with a different file name based on the date and time?

4) I would prefer two separate files. One for FCC and one for CE modes. I do not use the selectable version.

If/when parrot release a new version of FF6 would it be an easy task, for you, to recreate all of your good work for the new version?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood