Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app - With Special Features

Hi and thank you for this great app.

Since I plan to run my ANAFI with two 18650 Li-ion batteries, I have a question.
Can you create a version, in which an emergency landing is only started below 2.5 volts/cell?

These things are not controlled by the APP (FF6), the low battery landing and critical battery errors, etc are all a function of the BMS and Anafi firmware.

Reactions: maxdrone
Hello again,

I have now finished building my battery, I checked the voltage and everything looks good. But when I press the power button nothing happens. Only when I plug it into the USB, the LEDs flash red briefly, and then one LED green.

What do you think is the problem?

321.JPG123.JPG

Reactions: Seven Ng
1. Reconnect the old battery and see if the power ON function works well.
2. Then again reconnect the new Li ion battery and check. But please before you connect the new Li ion battery,
check if the battery charge condition is in top condition else use another Li ion recharger to check.

Remember Li ion and Li poly are two different type of battery charging circuits.

Hi guys, and sorry if my question already was asked by someone before, but I read all theme and can't find clear answer how to catch - does i shift my connection from CE to FCC or not?
I follow next steps:
1) uninstall original application
2) install 6.7.3 with FCC (synchronization without any faults)
3) connect anafi with Modified application.

In Network settings at below picture.

If i rightly understood channel 40-46 is FCC?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-01-21-28-03-429_com.parrot.freeflight6.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-01-21-28-03-429_com.parrot.freeflight6.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 57
I just came across this long thread after coming out of hibernation and since my Anafi started falling out of the sky during the last flight of Fall with around 35% of battery showing, I thought I'd try this mod. However, there is some confusion over just how to install the latest FF6_6_7_3_FCC_SE_BATTERY.apk.
I have loaded the latest Firmware 1.7.7 and software FF6 6.7.3 from the store. I also downloaded the mod above, but when I click it installation fails.
So do I need to go through the renaming of the obb directory or not? Do I just uninstall the latest Parrot FF6 6.73 and THEN open the APK file?

Today I flew a newer battery, about 2 years old with only a dozen or so cycles. It started out at 89% after sitting for a week and fell out of the sky at 35% after only a 9 minute flight. I re-started it and took off at 34% and it lasted all of 30 seconds The voltage tested at 7100 mA 20 minutes later. I'm hoping the voltage read-out on the modded app will help me avoid FOOTS syndrome and figure out if I need new batteries.

Personally I always uninstall any previous version and then install the latest modded release.

Some take a copy and rename the OBB file, then copy back and rename once the latest modded version has installed.

I have never bothered and not had any issues.

When you say the battery started out at 89%, was that the Battery Capacity (Located on opening screen by pressing the drone icon, not available in the FPV camera screen) or was that the battery percentage that it showed in FPV screen?
If it was 89% battery level, your battery capacity could be very far from 100 capacity.

Also the 7100 mV you pulled was on a battery with no load on it. Under load it would be lower.

The voltage was that showed on the FPV screen. Yes, especially after it had a 20 minute recovery. From now on I'm going to check each battery with a digital multimeter immediately after coming off the charger, just before flight, and just after a flight, whether or not it fell from the sky, and compare to the percentage indicated.

Right now, I can't trust the drone any farther than 20 feet away at an altitude of 3 feet over lush grass.....not much use. I just bought another new battery to have a base point. AnafiPilot has done some really interesting work here and perhaps I will be able to use my Anafi again like I did when it was new. Otherwise, I'm out of the drone business. No other drone is suitable for my work.

It will also help to check the battery capacity.

As soon as Free Flight 6 loads and your aircraft connects, press the drone icon
1622509162925.png

Then scroll down slightly to where it says Maximum Battery Capacity
1622509368958.png

This also gives you an idea of your batteries health. I do not have much trust in any battery under 85% personally. But with the voltage showing I fly with high confidence now.

Also I store all my batteries at 65%.
I never store them at 100% to self discharge after 10 days over a 2 day period.
I also charge them after flight as soon as they are cool.

Reactions: Aiden88
Ah, thanks, I've never done that. Good information. I also used to recharge to 100% after flights because I never knew when I would need the drone again. I won't do that anymore, except when the battery is below 20% and I'll try to remove them from the charger before they reach 70% for short term storage....i.e. one week.

Ah, thanks, I've never done that. Good information. I also used to recharge to 100% after flights because I never knew when I would need the drone again. I won't do that anymore, except when the battery is below 20% and I'll try to remove them from the charger before they reach 70% for short term storage....i.e. one week.
I was the same way, as that's what I got from the User Manual. It seemed like the self discharge function would protect your batteries, but as I found out, my oldest batteries are the ones with low Battery Capacity and the ones that caused 2 "Fall from Sky" events.

I also have found that when charging if I charge until you have 3 solid and the 4th light starts to blink I am right around 65%.
I have added bimonthly battery maintenance in the form of topping them off to 65%, and since then my batteries' health has been good, with my newer batteries still having 100% Battery Capacity.

The great members of this forum educated me and have kept my Anafi in the sky where it belongs.

Great! I used to hook them up to the charger and go to bed.......NOT ANY MORE!!!!! :oops:
I would like to bring to your attention my post where I gathered what you need to know about the Anafi battery:

I think I've read that but it deserves a re-read. I got the modded app from AnafiPilot to load after un-installing the parrot 6.7.3. No apparent need to copy the obb directory. I have not flown yet but that voltage read-out sure looks nice!

Further to the above.

Clean install of your SE 6.7.3_FCC would not work, FF6 opened and then immediately shutdown.

So removed the application, rebooted, and installed SE 6.7.1_FCC which was previously working perfectly. Now when I start it up I get the same results as 6.7.3 ... FF6 Flashes up and then closes. So once again removed it. Rebooted it.

Installed SE6.7.0_FCC, and everything works as it should do with FF6 starting up.

So from there installed 6.7.1_FCC, and again worked as should do. (Installed on top of 6.7.0_FCC)

Next step, to try 6.7.3_FCC as an upgrade as opposed to clean install. Install went as it should do and FF6 works, data sync works.

Just odd that I could not do a clean install. Going to try my Huawei M5 8.4" and see what that does.

Update on Huawei M5 8.4"

Removed existing version and did a clean install of SE_6.7.3_FCC and no issues at all. As the M5 is my main device I will stick with it, cannot be bothered to do a factory reset on the P30 Pro.
Same on OnePlus8T

Thanks for sharing, you've saved me an headache :)

Good evening guys,

New software FF6 6.7.4 - New Firmware Anafi 1.8.0

I wish AnafiPilot1 try to give us the new FF6 mod.

Doesn't look like much for us "Anafi" standard users:

Thank you for using ANAFI and its dedicated app, FreeFlight 6.
- (ANAFI Thermal&USA) Change the thermal colour palette directly from the HUD.
- (ANAFI Thermal&USA) Improved Spot mode: the whole colour palette is displayed within the range selected by the user.
- (ANAFI USA) Zoom up to x32 even in Cameraman or Follow me.
- (ANAFI USA) A warning is displayed during the thermal camera’s calibration.
- Synchronize your flight data with AirData.
- Support of new European format for DRI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame