Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app - With Special Features

I keep updating, as any ordinary 'mortal' does, in this 'new world' of computing. Until someone, informatically, 'superior', tells me not to put the upgrades. After all, AnafiPilot1 continues to upgrade its Mod version, in line with Parrot's versions, the example comes from 'above'. As you know, even the product's warranty expires if you don't have the latest upgrade.

I keep updating, as any ordinary 'mortal' does, in this 'new world' of computing. Until someone, informatically, 'superior', tells me not to put the upgrades. After all, AnafiPilot1 continues to upgrade its Mod version, in line with Parrot's versions, the example comes from 'above'. As you know, even the product's warranty expires if you don't have the latest upgrade.
An everyday example in computing is that the latest update to windows corrupts a computer that has been working well until then.
I read weekly that the update was malfunctioning and should not be installed by people until the update comes out.
This is not a problem on your computer. Updates can be undone or eventually reinstalled.
If an error is accidentally added to the drone firmware, it will crash and be destroyed. Anafi firmware is not downgradeable !!!
The firmware is also written by people and can be faulty at any time.
If you already have a working firmware that is not faulty and the new firmware does not promise the new features I want, it is completely pointless and even dangerous to update the firmware.

An everyday example in computing is that the latest update to windows corrupts a computer that has been working well until then.
I read weekly that the update was malfunctioning and should not be installed by people until the update comes out.
This is not a problem on your computer. Updates can be undone or eventually reinstalled.
If an error is accidentally added to the drone firmware, it will crash and be destroyed. Anafi firmware is not downgradeable !!!
The firmware is also written by people and can be faulty at any time.
If you already have a working firmware that is not faulty and the new firmware does not promise the new features I want, it is completely pointless and even dangerous to update the firmware.
Ok, I understand your point of view, I will put an end to this question with the sentence:
mother ... I want to 'unborn' !!!

Reactions: d95gas
After all, it’s up to everyone to decide what they want.
Just don't complain that it doesn't work the way it used to ...
I absolutely respect everyone decisions to upgrade or not - there are pros and cons for each
I tend to upgrade and test on one anafi before preceding on others
I do believe that being registered with FAA as recreational flyer i agreed to follow manufactures recommendations
Either way - if the upgrade hoses my drone, I am going to complain & complain and then complain some more to Parrot
I know it won't help but i rather enjoy complaining - and after all Parrot should be held responsible for providing faulty updates

Reactions: JCamilo
I just realized that my new anafi and controller was updated using the modded app. Didn't realize I was on the wrong device. Has anyone encountered any issues? Is there a way to reflash it or am I stuck?

I just realized that my new anafi and controller was updated using the modded app. Didn't realize I was on the wrong device. Has anyone encountered any issues? Is there a way to reflash it or am I stuck?
Hi bergen,
There is no way for consumers to roll back firmware updates for drone or controller
Does not make any difference if updated from modded app or play store app
Latest versions are Anafi v1.8.2, controller v1.8.1
FF6 is v6.7.6 for android and 6.7.5 for ios and all seem to be stable.
Are you having any issues?

As soon as I start the mod, it cannot establish an internet connection for synchronization, although there is an internet connection and permission has been granted. I can't do anything else until then.
Thanks for the help

As soon as I start the mod, it cannot establish an internet connection for synchronization, although there is an internet connection and permission has been granted. I can't do anything else until then.
Thanks for the help
Try to do that with your mobile data on because the wifi is taken by the Anafi and you don't have access to the internet for synchronization

Reactions: lutz
Thanks for the help
What you need to do is to:
  1. Download Freeflight 6 from the Play Store
  2. Open the app and let it load (1-2 sec)
  3. Download a file manager like Solid Explorer and grant all permissions it asks.
  4. Go to your Internal Storage > Android > obb (it might ask for another permission, just click use this folder)
  5. You'll see a folder named "com.parrot.freeflight6" which you need to rename to something else (eg: "com.parrot.freeflight5")
  6. Then uninstall Freeflight 6
  7. Download the modded version and install it, but DO NOT START
  8. Go back to the file manager, and rename the folder to the original name, which is "com.parrot.freeflight6"
  9. Start the modded version.

Dear Community,

i recently modded my FF6 to FF6.7. Thanks to the Modder AnafiPilot1 ! Really great updates!!!
My Aim:
I wanted to make a 3D Model of an geological outcrop. I made an flyover with my Anafi, generated a rough 3D mesh (1) with photogrammetry software Metashape Pro and created Pathway in the software. The Pathway can be saved as .csv, .kml. or .path
It was only possible to import the .kml data (2).

Unfortunatly, in FF6.7 after going to "Fly" -> "Flight Plan" I still see the waypoints on the maps, but i cannot select the .kml data or waypoints when I open "New". Therefore i cannot use this .kml pathway data. Is there something I am missing here or does this simply not work?

Pix4D recognizes the .kml data but also not able to work with it. (3)
The red waypoints are properly understood but cannot be implemented in a project / mission.

Hope someone here can share experience.

Cheers,
SvSz

(1) Metashape Pro
d5a6785652447f2a56107b6107f49523.jpg

(2) FF6.7
8c7ee9683d7c657eb233611cda84cf76.jpg

(3) Pix4D
7454ed39c54ffbf0794cd6d0aeacd0e3.jpg

Hello everyone!
Have a problem with mod app. Everything works and connects to drone BUT i do not see a picture from camera on the phone. I connect through sky3 controller. I would be thankful for any suggestions

First question: Was it working ok with the standard app before you moved to the modded app?
If you went straight for the modded app, I would uninstall it, then download the app from Google store and see if that works.

Daft question Have you removed the lens cap.... I have known people to go through troubleshooting not realise the lens cap is on.

Reactions: Liger 1956
Guys is it 100% SAFE use FCC Modded version if I live in Tbilisi, and not in USA? The fake GPS wont make Drone go crazy or something?

Whats risks in using FCC mode?

Thanks !

Many of us have been using the modified application to give us full FCC power, without any issues at all.

Obviously if your country is a CE country and you use FCC, then you are breaking your countries laws, but I assure you many of has been doing it for a long time with FCC Mode.
You will find it a whole better experience. Remember, despite having a lot more power, you should still fly VLOS.

Many of us have been using the modified application to give us full FCC power, without any issues at all.

Obviously if your country is a CE country and you use FCC, then you are breaking your countries laws, but I assure you many of has been doing it for a long time with FCC Mode.
You will find it a whole better experience. Remember, despite having a lot more power, you should still fly VLOS.

I am from Georgia country, Tbilisi.

When I will install the modded FCC Version, will it modify my firmwares or something?
Also, is there any risk as losing the drone as it might fly "more far" than it actually can signal? due to FCC power boost?
Does FCC power boost reduce flight time? battary life?
VLOS means I always MUST see the drone during whole flight? what if its as far 2-3KM?

Thanks!

I am from Georgia country, Tbilisi.

When I will install the modded FCC Version, will it modify my firmwares or something?
Also, is there any risk as losing the drone as it might fly "more far" than it actually can signal? due to FCC power boost?
Does FCC power boost reduce flight time? battery life?
VLOS means I always MUST see the drone during whole flight? what if its as far 2-3KM?

Thanks!
it will NOT alter your firmware, this is a patched version of Freeflight 6, its only the application that is modified, and can be easily removed from your phone or tablet whenever you want and go back to using the genuine version.

With drones there is always a risk of losing it from a Flyaway or crashing into an object. enabling FCC is not going to make it any worse, or better. Gives you the ability to fly better in frequency crowded areas.

I have never really noticed any difference in battery power being reduced, but then I don't fly until it empty, always leave plenty in reserve.

VLOS is different for everyone and depends as well on the area you are flying in. But essentially you should be able to see the drone at all times and be aware of its orientation so you know whether its flying away from you, or back to you.

Its all very common sense really.

Reactions: ionicdrone
it will NOT alter your firmware, this is a patched version of Freeflight 6, its only the application that is modified, and can be easily removed from your phone or tablet whenever you want and go back to using the genuine version.

With drones there is always a risk of losing it from a Flyaway or crashing into an object. enabling FCC is not going to make it any worse, or better. Gives you the ability to fly better in frequency crowded areas.

I have never really noticed any difference in battery power being reduced, but then I don't fly until it empty, always leave plenty in reserve.

VLOS is different for everyone and depends as well on the area you are flying in. But essentially you should be able to see the drone at all times and be aware of its orientation so you know whether its flying away from you, or back to you.

Its all very common sense really.

I followed above instructions, when completed and opened modded version it asked me register again, is it normal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut