Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Freeflight 6 mod app

As we are generally English speaking on this forum.... Yes I agree ..... But also need to consider, that some user are not very tech savvy (y)

As we are generally English speaking on this forum.... Yes I agree ..... But also need to consider, that some user are not very tech savvy (y)
And what are they doing with a Drone? ????
Already Parrot is French, plus the most used language for tech is English. Is better he uses G-trasnlator after we can decode the encryption?. There is nothing negative in this.

The few who said yes and no, methinks.
What I mean: you wrote, some say yes, some no.
Go to the source (post) of that quotes and ask 'em directly!

And if they say yes, ask for proof! :eek:

As I know ... there are some people installed FF6 that could upgrade a beta firmware, after that, they revert to original...
the FF6 was.."FreeFlight6-world-inhouse.apk" 270mb... may be included the older firmware...
I am thinking... if someone has beta app ... we could see the revert firmware part... but I have no experience of de-compiling apk could "ds2atc" let me know what tools you are using. I would try...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriele_Da_Tos
I am just decompiling that FreeFlight6-world-inhouse.apk as we speak to see if I can see anything that can help, but my skills in this area are very low level, probably better suited to ds2atc

After decompiling I can see three (3) firmware files in this APK:
  • anafi_thermal_update_1.5.6
  • anafi_update_0.9.9
  • anafi_update_1.5.6
  • mpp3_update_1.5.1

The difficulty now is finding a way of rolling back to either the above or a slighter later version of the firmware...... anything but 1.64

I will have a word with some of the guys who were involved in rooting the Mavic Pro, they have the ultimate skill set for reverse engineering, after all they do it for a living.

Just had a thought.... dont know how viable it is. What if the above were renamed to something like
  • anafi_update_1.6.5
The APK file them compiled and installed to the device.... wondering if it would see that it has a new version than what is installed.

Sure there must be some checks somewhere, again DS2ATC may be able to advise.

Last edited:
You are really fast~~ I've also decompiled the apk
I am thinking that it's difficult to flash the firmware directly, we must do this though faking the app checking, let it run the download process even the firmware is newer...

I am just decompiling that FreeFlight6-world-inhouse.apk as we speak to see if I can see anything that can help, but my skills in this area are very low level, probably better suited to ds2atc

After decompiling I can see three (3) firmware files in this APK:
  • anafi_thermal_update_1.5.6
  • anafi_update_0.9.9
  • anafi_update_1.5.6
  • mpp3_update_1.5.1

The difficulty now is finding a way of rolling back to either the above or a slighter later version of the firmware...... anything but 1.64

I will have a word with some of the guys who were involved in rooting the Mavic Pro, they have the ultimate skill set for reverse engineering, after all they do it for a living.

Just had a thought.... dont know how viable it is. What if the above were renamed to something like
  • anafi_update_1.6.5
The APK file them compiled and installed to the device.... wondering if it would see that it has a new version than what is installed.

Sure there must be some checks somewhere, again DS2ATC may be able to advise.
1.56 anafi firmware is too old i have only 1.61 final and deleted last 1.63. But i have last controller 1.62.
The key is this files:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/anafi_4k/1.63
Controller:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/sky_controller_3/1.6.2
If delete this file and stay offline the app not show any firmware update:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmwares.xml.

1.56 anafi firmware is too old i have only 1.61 final and deleted last 1.63. But i have last controller 1.62.
The key is this files:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/anafi_4k/1.63
Controller:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/sky_controller_3/1.6.2
If delete this file and stay offline the app not show any firmware update:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmwares.xml.

Could you share those firmwares? maybe the 1.6.1 is good enough...

Once we have the relevant firmware, then the next issue is using it to rollback. Of the searching I have done, everyone who has tried with the Anafi and Mambo have failed,

You can access the Anafi GUI via http, and in the menu there is an option download/upload firmware, but when trying to upload a replacement firmware file, it fails. :-(

Could you share those firmwares? maybe the 1.6.1 is good enough...
Maybe I can help a little ....
I have see in :
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmwares.xml

In this file I found this Link : Firmware 1.6.4 (https://firmware.parrot.com/Drones/0914/1.6.4/ALL/anafi_update.tar.gz)
This start a download in my laptop with the 1.6.4 Firmware

Changed Link to : Firmware 1.6.3
(https://firmware.parrot.com/Drones/0914/1.6.3/ALL/anafi_update.tar.gz)
And this link started a download of the 1.6.3 firmware

Unzipped anafi_update.tar.gz with 7zip and unzip the resulting anafi_update.tar ... checked file in \anafi_update\etc\build.prop and the result is
ro.build.date=Mon Dec 9 16:51:37 UTC 2019
ro.build.date.utc=1575910297
ro.build.alchemy.product=anafi
ro.build.alchemy.variant=4k
ro.build.hostname=jenkins
ro.parrot.build.group=drones
ro.parrot.build.project=anafi
ro.parrot.build.product=anafi
ro.parrot.build.variant=4k
ro.parrot.build.region=
ro.parrot.build.uid=anafi-4k-1.6.3
ro.parrot.build.version=1.6.3

That confirm me that it's the correct FW1.6.3 :)

Hope can help

Happy to give it a go on one of my devices, BUT for me I dont see how it will help for me to ROLLBACK to 1.63 :-(

Following steps on my rooted phone ...
(My Anafi is on FW 1.6.3 in Switzerland)

• Started FF6 (Modded App) and it say to me to update on 1.6.4
  • Pushed on Button Update and FF6 started a download
  • After download I have replaced the original downloaded FW 1.6.4 (anafi_update.tar.gz) located in /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/files/firmwares/ with the laptop downloaded 1.6.3 link -> anafi_update.tar.gz 1.6.3
  • Restarted FF6 and now in Drone Status i see Installed software 1.6.3 -> Upgrade 1.6.4
  • Pushed Update 1.6.4 and upgrade procedure starts
I do not continue because my FW is already in 1.6.3 and don't want risk my drone

I did not found informations about my current installed FW 1.6.3 in /data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/.....
Searching ......

Last edited:
Once we have the relevant firmware, then the next issue is using it to rollback. Of the searching I have done, everyone who has tried with the Anafi and Mambo have failed,

You can access the Anafi GUI via http, and in the menu there is an option download/upload firmware, but when trying to upload a replacement firmware file, it fails. :-(

Interesting !

You can access the Anafi GUI via http, and in the menu there is an option download/upload firmware

How can I do this ? :unsure::)

Found [emoji16]

Inviato dal mio VOG-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk
If you have anafi 1.63 and controller 1.62 stay with this firmware and not upgrade to toggle notify of 1.64 delete this file:
/data/data/com.parrot.freeflight6/shared_prefs/firmwares.xml
And stay offline. If you go online for download maps repeat and delete again firmwares.xml.

That file doesn't exit for me - even a search fails to get it...
I just delete the obb file, and stay off line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodman1111