Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FREEFLIGHT V6.3.2 (ANDROID), ANAFI V1.3.2 Android fix

Enchant anyone can help me connect. I'm using the sky controller to a Samsung Galaxy tab a and the parrot Bebop 2. I had no problems with the last dab. Ever since I've downloaded the 06 apps I've had nothing but problems. I can't even connect my controller to my tablet or my phone. The phones I am using are a Google pixel XL 128 gb and a moron force 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will not get FreeFlight 6 to work with a Bebop 2. You will need to use FreeFlight Pro instead.

Here you should be able to read everything you need to know: Products

Good Luck, regards Leif.

Excuse my ignorance , but there is no explanation in the manual for the little black box with the white "graph". What is it and how do I make use of what it is telling me?

Excuse my ignorance , but there is no explanation in the manual for the little black box with the white "graph". What is it and how do I make use of what it is telling me?
I'm guessing you mean the histogram . Check out google for histogram and you will find all kinds of information about how to use them.

Avoid far left as the blacks will have no detail. Avoid the far right as the whites will be "blown out"...You can accomplish this with filters and/or exposure settings.
?

No issues on my 1st flight of 23 minutes with update V6.3.2~ 20Dec18. I took 280 pix in winds of 25+mph. I did get a "wind warning to use caution" in the HUD but it didn't show in the pix. I did get a little worried for a second when a warning came up stating battery low 2 minutes from home. I was downwind and as it turned out no issue at all, it landed with 18% (just right).

I was having trouble with rendering 360 panos on the Nvidia K1 in hi res (it never worked), and thought maybe the Samsung S8 might work better. The S8 renders twice as fast as the K1.

I'm stoked for future flights...thanks Parrot.

I have a phone running Android 6.0.1 and a tablet running Android 8.1. I have video feed to both but I had to unplug and replug the USB cable for both. It was raining so I didn't get to do much testing but so far so good.

Reactions: charleslee
Experienced the same on the faulty firmware.That was the only problem I had and it happened once.
Havent downloaded the new update yet as waiting to see what the feedback is.

Samsung S8

Reactions: rsjb41
Just did the firmware version and installed the updated app on both my Nexus 7 (2013) and my Huawei XT2 (Wundaphone), results were:

Nexus 7 (2013) No issues at all, worked perfect and as expected.
Huawei XT2 No issues at all, worked perfect and as expected.

I am looking to purchase the Lenovo Tab 4 Plus (FHD) - anyone currently using this device? whats your opinion. Price is right and I have a few Bonus Bonds from work to spend :D The Nexus works fine, but have to accept with it only having a quad core processor, it might start to struggle going forward.

I've just updated the app and the Anafi and all seems normal. However I'm unable to test outside as it's raining.
Pocophone F1 Android 9

Last edited:
Just did the firmware version and installed the updated app on both my Nexus 7 (2013) and my Huawei XT2 (Wundaphone), results were:

Nexus 7 (2013) No issues at all, worked perfect and as expected.
Huawei XT2 No issues at all, worked perfect and as expected.

I am looking to purchase the Lenovo Tab 4 Plus (FHD) - anyone currently using this device? whats your opinion. Price is right and I have a few Bonus Bonds from work to spend :D The Nexus works fine, but have to accept with it only having a quad core processor, it might start to struggle going forward.

About Lenovo Tab, let us know if it works... I am interested in using a tablet too.

I know its already been mentioned, but was tidying up my emails from Parrot, and noticed the latest 2 I had which informed me the updates had been release, they made a particular point of adding the following statement:

NOTE: DO NOT FORGET TO TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE'S WIFI If USING THE SKYCONTROLLER 3.

Obviously trying to get the message out there, that there is significant importance in this.

Just tested the upgrade with Samsung S8 and android 8. Completely uninstalled the old app. Everything works well, no disconnects, no range issue, no green screen. Tested cameraman. All works well including RTH. Did not take long to get the GPS lock.
Very happy with the fix, thank you Parrot.

Reactions: Jed Anafi
Lanbo has a post around #12 where his Tab 4 Plus still has the green screen. Might want to ask him a few questions.

No my TAB4 has got the green screen with this update. In the previous edition I could not provoke the phenomenon. It doesn't matter to me since FF6 is running steadily and the firmware worked fine as well. I only got one flight today because of the rain, so it's a limited experience I have so far.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jed Anafi
I just received my brand new Anafi last night. I have been reading the manual, and watching YT vids for the last few days. I did all the updates at startup and decided to go fly. My first flight went really well. It took off just fine, and held in place. There was no drifting. I flew around about 8-15 feet in the air for 21 minutes, and it was responding just fine. I had it in the "film" mode, so, it was just slow to turn and such. However, that was just fine with me, as it is the very first time I have flown a drone. I haven't tried any of the flight modes and camera settings yet, I just wanted to see if it actually worked. I have been quite concerned with all the probs with the Android update and such, so, I was just trying to go slow and take it a step at a time. Thank you all for having the manual on the forum so easy to find. I read it several times before today's flight. I will fly again tomorrow, and try out some more modes and report back.
My config:
- New Anafi
- New firmware 6.3.2
- Phone: LGV30
- Phone Android Version: 7.1.2 (Android Oreo 8 is available, but doesn't work well on the LGV30. I had updated to 8.0, but had constant bluetooth and wi fi issues. So, my carrier waranteed it and sent me a rollback Android 7.1.2 phone. It's back to being a great phone. So, if you have this phone, don't update to Android 8, as LG blames Google, and Google blames LG, and there is no fix in the works.)

When you update the app,do you update existing or delete and reinstall.
If you reinstall do you have to complete a whole new re-bind to the Anafi?
I had no real issues with the last update,but reports on this update look positive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilippB