Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FREEFLIGHT V6.3.2 (ANDROID), ANAFI V1.3.2 Android fix

I've been critical of Parrot in the last few days, so I should give them credit if this update appears to solve many issues.

Reactions: rsjb41
When you update the app,do you update existing or delete and reinstall.
If you reinstall do you have to complete a whole new re-bind to the Anafi?
I had no real issues with the last update,but reports on this update look positive.

You should be able to just update the app. It will, probably, go through another setup process on the Anafi. Yes to re-bind.

I had been frustrated with the many missed nice days of flying so I had degraded my version of the Android app, and it gave me the video stream instead of the black screen. Flew it and it worked with a small glitch. I just updated the anafi firmware to 1.3.2 then I crossed my fingers and updated the Android app on my phone, a Redmi 4A running Android 7.1.2 N2G47H. The video stream is back, yay! I hope all goes well when I fly it as weather permits.

When you update the app,do you update existing or delete and reinstall.
If you reinstall do you have to complete a whole new re-bind to the Anafi?
I had no real issues with the last update,but reports on this update look positive.
After each update I do:
1. Restart smartphone
2. Reset and recalibrate Anafi
Then if the battery has got a new FW version too (actually 1.0.5.0), I first run each of my 3 batteries with Anafi, until they also have the new FW.

Well I updated to 1.3.2 firmware and now I seem to experience this rather odd behaviour - every now and then when I turn the Anafi off - the top leds flash off but the fan keeps running and the bottom blue light keeps blinking - only way to shut down is to remove the battery! Connect the battery and the Anafi goes back into the same mode - unresponsive to the power button and will not connect. It looks like it might be running the firmware update all over again as it eventually does comes back to life. Happened twice so far. Anyone else experience this issue ?

Actually this could easily be a firmware issue. The Anafi batteries always are "hot" on the output contacts. The button on the pack initiates power up, but the actual solid state switch is in Anafi. This is completely different from DJI batteries that switch the power from each pack. So if Anafi hangs up, the battery button apparently is ignored.

Well I updated to 1.3.2 firmware and now I seem to experience this rather odd behaviour - every now and then when I turn the Anafi off - the top leds flash off but the fan keeps running and the bottom blue light keeps blinking - only way to shut down is to remove the battery! Connect the battery and the Anafi goes back into the same mode - unresponsive to the power button and will not connect. It looks like it might be running the firmware update all over again as it eventually does comes back to life. Happened twice so far. Anyone else experience this issue ?

If you hold the on/off button down for too long time, the batteries will behave in the descriptive way. Therefore, only use a quick push on the button to switch Anafi off.

Hope it helps, regards Leif.

My experience has been much the same on initial start up,but not on shutting down,usually with the first flight/battery of the day.It has nothing to do with holding the power button too long.
A quick push of the power button on initial power up attempt results in the same "hang" you describe. The led lights power up,the fan powers up,the led's go out but the fan keeps running.
I used to start by removing and replacing the battery and connecting/disconnecting the phone,then I tried leaving the initial battery on and waiting patiently.Waiting seems to have solved the problem as it eventually fires back up and the gimbal does its dance. It's almost like the Anafi is waiting for GPS or some other module in its start up menu to initialize before it can complete its start up.
I have not removed the initial battery since noticing this,but now wait patiently as it ALWAYS initializes if I wait ,sometimes up to 2 minutes.

Thanks for all the replies - Landbo I understand what you are saying - long press gives battery charge status - however this is definitely not the case as the Anafi does turn back on - it just does not go through the start up calibration, then when you do a quick press on the battery button the usual shut-down led display is shown BUT the Anafi fan keeps running. I think RemE is right - the Anafi has had a brain freeze :) Turns out if you physically remove the battery for a couple of minutes then it seems to start up normally again. I suspect it may have something to do with plugging the Anafi into the USB port of my laptop whilst I am turning it on - however I've not been able to recreate the situation.

My experience has been much the same on initial start up,but not on shutting down,usually with the first flight/battery of the day.It has nothing to do with holding the power button too long.
A quick push of the power button on initial power up attempt results in the same "hang" you describe. The led lights power up,the fan powers up,the led's go out but the fan keeps running.
I used to start by removing and replacing the battery and connecting/disconnecting the phone,then I tried leaving the initial battery on and waiting patiently.Waiting seems to have solved the problem as it eventually fires back up and the gimbal does its dance. It's almost like the Anafi is waiting for GPS or some other module in its start up menu to initialize before it can complete its start up.
I have not removed the initial battery since noticing this,but now wait patiently as it ALWAYS initializes if I wait ,sometimes up to 2 minutes.
Sound exactly like my situation - however I was waiting 10 minutes and still no start up calibration - but I was indoors so your GPS theory could be valid.

[QUOTE = "AaronB, post: 6702, membro: 979"] Suona diventa la mia situazione - comunque stavo aspettando 10 minuti e ancora nessuna precomposizione - ma ero al chiuso quindi la tua teoria GPS potrebbe essere valida. [/ CITAZIONE]
lo stesso per me ... blocco Anafi ...he does not even reset me

Last edited:
I also get so now and then a black screen but that was already the case with version 6.3.0. Did not update yet to 6.3.2. Before 6.3.0. I think it never happened. Simply a restart of the Anafi solves the black screen too. Regards Ton

Just did the firmware version and installed the updated app on both my Nexus 7 (2013) and my Huawei XT2 (Wundaphone), results were:

Nexus 7 (2013) No issues at all, worked perfect and as expected.
Huawei XT2 No issues at all, worked perfect and as expected.

I am looking to purchase the Lenovo Tab 4 Plus (FHD) - anyone currently using this device? whats your opinion. Price is right and I have a few Bonus Bonds from work to spend :D The Nexus works fine, but have to accept with it only having a quad core processor, it might start to struggle going forward.
I got a new Tab 4 plus 8 FHD. Everything seems to work fine, at least with version 6.3.0. I did not update it yet to 6.3.2. Regards Ton

Sorry you are still having problems. In the release notes they made mention to
"Do not forget to turn off your device's Wi-Fi when you use the Skycontroller 3"
Maybe this will help. I still get a black screen but all I have to do is unplug the USB cable and plug it back in and it is fine after that.

If none of this helps hopefully you can get your money back or sell it for a good price.
Good luck.
Thanks Agustine. Sorry I was upset. These days are busy with kids and family, no time for test and trying outside, but I hope there will be a solution in the next year. We will see... Merry Christmas to All, cheers

[QUOTE = "AaronB, post: 6701, membro: 979"] Grazie per tutte le risposte - Landbo capisco cosa stai dicendo - la pressione prolungata lo stato di carica della batteria - comunque questo non è assolutamente il caso in quanto l'Anafi si riavvia - Semplicemente non passa attraverso la finestra di avvio, quindi quando si preme rapidamente il pulsante della batteria viene visualizzato il normale display a LED spento MA la ventola Anafi continua a funzionare. Penso che abbiate ragione - l'hafò ha avuto un blocco del cervello si :) scopre se rimuove fisicamente la batteria per un paio di minuti, quindi sembra ricominciare normalmente. Ho il sospetto che possa avere qualcosa a che fare con il collegamento l'Anafi alla porta USB del mio portatile mentre lo accendo - comunque non sono stato in grado di ricreare la situazione. [/ CITAZIONE]
this problem has also done to me...i was away from home. I returned to try to turn on Anafi and it worked! I went out to try, i turned on Anafi and cone before it was inizialited.I was on a surface a bit oblique. It occurred to me that at home the Anafi was on a level surface and so i tried to do the same..and it worked!! I hope to be helpful.

Reactions: AaronB
Ho to all
what is the last SW version of the skycontroller 3 ?
I have 1.3.1 on the controller and 1.3.2 on the Anafi it’s ok ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian