Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[GUIDE] iOS FCC unlocking on jailbroken devices

anafi_zoo

Reaction score
Bought an Anafi today and realized I'm stuck in CE mode without any modern Android devices. I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post this info, but here are the steps to unlock FCC on jailbroken iOS 13:

This probably works on newer versions of FF but I used 6.5.2 --

1. Reset the Anafi/Delete FF app
2. Downgrade to 6.5.2 (via AppStore++)
3. Use Relocate (from nepeta) to spoof location to US
4. Open FF, connect to the drone and verify the FCC channels are available
5. Close FF and open iOS settings > Privacy > Location Services > FreeFlight6
6. Set Allow Location Access = Never
7. Disable and uninstall Relocate
8. Install/open Filza, open Apps Manager > FreeFlight6 > Library > Preferences
9. Make a copy of com.parrot.freeflight6.plist, this is your "FCC unlocked" preference file

To install on another device:

1. WithFF already installed, disable it's location access in iOS settings
2. Use Filza to overwrite com.parrot.freeflight6.plist with your FCC-enabled .plist

With FF's location access permanently disabled in iOS after the initial US/FCC authentication, you won't get kicked back into CE.

If you accidentally re-enable FF location access and notice your FCC channels have disappeared, simply overwrite the .plist and restart the app.

Please keep in mind, if the Anafi lost the connection or RTH is - however- initiiert, the Anafi want to fly into the direction of United States (or however your Fake GPS data is/was located).
If you must search your bird you'll know at minimum the direction ;)

Please keep in mind, if the Anafi lost the connection or RTH is - however- initiiert, the Anafi want to fly into the direction of United States (or however your Fake GPS data is/was located).
If you must search your bird you'll know at minimum the direction ;)

RTH returns to the Anafi GPS takeoff point, not the controller device GPS

@anafi_zoo What firmware is your Anafi on?

As you will have probably read, firmware 1.6.4 locked devices down. Some to CE and some to FCC. They locked out the element named "Countrycode" in the application.

They admitted it was done in error, and currently we are waiting for a further update from Parrot to rectify this..... or we hope.

This would affect all users whether they are on Android or IOS. So if someone responds to say your fix doesn't work, rather than spending hours trying to ascertain why not, its likely to be down to the lock on the Anafi.

But good work on coming up with the fix. Not sure there are too many IOS users as most seem to use Android. I have both, but to be honest I really hate with a passion, Apple products :)

@d95gas I'm trying to update the Anafi from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3.

Which version of FF should I be using to update? Can I extract the firmware from a modded APK and install it using the Anafi web interface?

Thanks!

I am not sure you can actually pick the firmware you want to use and I know many have tried upgrading/downgrading from the web interface and have failed as the anafi needs an encrypted key to allow write permission to the Anafi when updating.

I would assume your FF6 application is showing the latest update rather than 1.6.3

There are copies of the firmware files, but as I said, without write access to the Anafi, it just fails.

I am not sure you can actually pick the firmware you want to use and I know many have tried upgrading/downgrading from the web interface and have failed as the anafi needs an encrypted key to allow write permission to the Anafi when updating.

I would assume your FF6 application is showing the latest update rather than 1.6.3

There are copies of the firmware files, but as I said, without write access to the Anafi, it just fails.

Interesting, so the Anafi has never been successfully downgraded? I'll accept that challenge, I have a few theories.

Correct, many have tried but its all down to getting write access to the system with the right encrypted key.

I know some of the guys who brought the hacks for the Mavic Pro have tried and currently nobody is taking it any further.

So at the moment I would say if you have the skill set then have a go..... nothing to lose as they say :)

One thing to be very careful of, and thats copyright infringement. With the Mavic Pro,the "get out of jail" card for those who hacked the Mavic system, was the fact that DJI had used open source software, and broke the rules by then locking it down, which meant they contravened the whole "Open Source" policy. At the end of the day, they couldn't do anything about the hacking.

With Parrot, I am guessing its their own proprietary system and will have Copyright on it and probably all registered.

One thing to be very careful of, and thats copyright infringement. With the Mavic Pro,the "get out of jail" card for those who hacked the Mavic system, was the fact that DJI had used open source software, and broke the rules by then locking it down, which meant they contravened the whole "Open Source" policy. At the end of the day, they couldn't do anything about the hacking.

With Parrot, I am guessing its their own proprietary system and will have Copyright on it and probably all registered.

That's a very good point, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut