Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Happy with Anafi?

lawcomp

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I'm considering the Anafi for my next drone purchase. I've flown DJI Phantoms but want something more portable and quiet. Is Anafi the way go? Any buyer remorse or issues to take into consideration? Thanks in advance for your input.

I like mine. I've flown over 90 flights so far and it does everything I ask it. I gave all my bebop 2 stuff to my son because I wasn't flying it anymore. The lightweight small size and quietness are just irresistible.

I bought an Anafi after loosing two sparks. No regrets. More reliable, better stabilization (spark is not stabilized in sports mode, anafi is) and generally less buggy. Excellent video and pictures

Spark nr 1 flew away in a zero interference environment, nr 2 crashed in water during take off.

Mavic pro occusych has much better range if thats what you need.

A well rounded drone.......I don't have DJI so can't compare it with the Mavic Air, but it is about $200-300 less than the Air. Haven't flown my Autel XSP ever since getting my Anafi. Obviously more portable than those fixed wing drones.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Really like mine. Had a Mavic Pro but really didn't like what all I heard about DJI. But the Mavic Pro is well made.

I also like the video from the cam without me doing anything. At least it works great for me.

Isn't real steady upon take off kinda floats a bit from side to side.

I like it.

Thank you for your input, really appreciate your feedback. I've noticed that many of the online reviewers were negative on the Anafi and biased toward DJI and so I'm grateful to have user insights. The Anafi is on sale at BestBuy in Canada right now so I'm really leaning towards this quad. Many thanks!!!

I've noticed that many of the online reviewers were negative on the Anafi and biased toward DJI
Well having most DJI quads and the anafi there's no surprise there. I did replace the Mavic Air with the anafi becasue I find the anafi's camera significantly better, but it "cost" me a significant reduction in video transmission performance. And of course any of the higher end DJI birds are a world above.

As usual it all depends what you're after. My reason for getting an anafi is that I needed something light with the best possible camera to do jobs in places where the heavier DJI birds don't fit in the regulations, and for that purpose I can put up with the poor video transmission and it does the intended job well. But I have a really hard time choosing the anafi when I'm going out to go fly for fun when I have the other guys around.

but it "cost" me a significant reduction in video transmission performance
Thanks for the insight. When you say low video transmission performance, is that the wifi range or quality on the device screen during flight?

I guess I want a "jack of all trades" type of quad, good video & picture quality, portable and relatively quiet, and decent range. There are lots of second hand Mavics & Phantoms for sale and I've flown the Phantom 3 standard and pro, so I know the range and video quality is good. I like the portability and what I've seen of the videos posted on YouTube of the Anafi, just concerned about the reliability, hence the question about users being happy with this "bird."

Thank you for your input.

The jury is still out for me. My Anafi arrived about 3 weeks ago. Updating the Anafi went fine and I had no trouble with a SanDisk Extreme 64 gb sd card. The first flight went well and the Anafi flew for about 20 minutes before I brought it back with about 15% left on the battery. It was very windy, but the Anafi did well. I liked the zoom feature and the 180 degree camera tilt. I especially liked the quiet operation of the Anafi – I live in a suburban area where I try to avoid disturbing others. Went out about 1,500 feet and that is where the signal started to break up. The second flight was not so smooth. I wanted to try out all of the video modes and the photo modes. About half way through the flight, my screen froze after I switch from video to photos. Not sure if this is a Freeflight app or Anafi problem, but I could not get my FPV back. The controller was still connected and I was about 700 feet away and could still see the drone, so I brought it back and landed. Turned everything off and started over and everything worked fine.

My third flight was not so good. After taking off, I leisurely started exploring a park I was flying at. Nothing fast, but wanted to get some cinematic, slow video. Went up to about 140 feet in altitude and started focusing on the baseball field. All of a sudden, I received a “motor cut off” error in red on my screen and the Anafi fell out of the sky. No warning, no gradual descent – it just fell from 140 feet. Luckily, the drone was only about 400 feet from my home point and it fell in a grassy area narrowly missing a wooded area. Found the drone. Had two bent props and unfortunately, about a ½” crack in one of the legs. I was surprised about the crack, as the Anafi landed in a soft grassy area.

Contacted BH Photo where I purchased it (it was within their 30 day return window) and explained the situation. They were pretty knowledgeable and asked for the flight info, which I provided. They seem to think it was a faulty connection between the power source and the motors. They gave me an RMA to send the damaged one in and I am now awaiting a new Anafi to arrive.

I like the Anafi and its features, but I am concerned about its sturdiness and quality control. I also have a DJI Spark and DJI Mavic Pro with about 100 flights on each, and they have been very dependable for me. They each have their pros and cons, but they never dropped out of the sky. When it arrives, I hope the new replacement Anafi performs well and holds up. So right now, do I have buyers remorse? Not yet, but a lot will depend on the performance of my replacement Anafi. I will provide an update to the group in the future.

Hello Friends,
I'm considering the Anafi for my next drone purchase. I've flown DJI Phantoms but want something more portable and quiet. Is Anafi the way go? Any buyer remorse or issues to take into consideration? Thanks in advance for your input.
I would go for the Anafi if that is what you really want. It is a pretty good drone for the money. Another good option is the Autel Evo drone, which I consider to be a lot better quality and has a lot more features. However, you get what you pay for. If you have the budget, I would go for the Evo.

Hello Friends,

Little French Miss Anafi has served me over 140 flights without any problems. It's just turning on the battery after visually checking the props and after a very short amount of time to find a GPS lock, she flies. None of my two DJI quads can make her the same art of it, because there's almost always something wrong to be fixed before they're in the air.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
Thanks for the insight. When you say low video transmission performance, is that the wifi range or quality on the device screen during flight?
Both. Range is good in the middle of nowhere, but falls drastically if there's any kind of noise around. In the city where I've been doing photo jobs I would have a frozen picture more than half of the time even at less than 100m.
Overall there are frequent short drops of freezes at any distance that to me pretty seriously limit the enjoyment.
DJI stuff has always been robust for me, take out, power on, take off.

Thanks for all your feedback, it's been very informative and helpful. I stopped by Best Buy and picked up an Anafi, can't wait to get it into the air.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Thanks for all your feedback, it's been very informative and helpful. I stopped by Best Buy and picked up an Anafi, can't wait to get it into the air.
You won't regret it. I have been flying my Anafi a lot more frequently than my Mavic Air lately because of the quietness of the Anafi.
The video and maneuverability of Anafi is just as good as the Magic Air also.

Well, I really really like the Anafi, no issues so far and the camera quality is incredible. I can view it right from the quad onto my 4K TV and it's like you're actually flying over the landscape, breathtaking.
The only learning curve for me at the moment is getting the thing to land in my hand, ouch (see my battle wounds). Those little props are sharp :). I'm getting there though.

Again thank you to all for your input, it was so very helpful and I'm glad I went with Anafi.IMG_0911.jpg

Reactions: slvervper99
Well, I really really like the Anafi, no issues so far and the camera quality is incredible. I can view it right from the quad onto my 4K TV and it's like you're actually flying over the landscape, breathtaking.
The only learning curve for me at the moment is getting the thing to land in my hand, ouch (see my battle wounds). Those little props are sharp :). I'm getting there though.

Again thank you to all for your input, it was so very helpful and I'm glad I went with Anafi.View attachment 374
I actually use the Anafi as an edger for my lawn lmao.....:D

I ve never tried hand landing. I bring it down to a hover about 5’ high, grab it and turn it over to turn it off.

As to range, I find it pretty much the same as Spark. If you need better range get a Mavic Pro with Occusynch. BIG difference

I ve never tried hand landing. I bring it down to a hover about 5’ high, grab it and turn it over to turn it off.

As to range, I find it pretty much the same as Spark. If you need better range get a Mavic Pro with Occusynch. BIG difference
Yes occusync is better but with my setting in my country 2500 meters is more than enough with anafi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut