Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Has anyone replaced the front camera ?

Arno

Reaction score
Hi pilots,
I bought and crashed two discos last year, when the bundle was 300 euros.
(I actually crashed only once, other was by a friend :))
The 2 chucks have their front camera destroyed.
The spare part is super expensive (140 euro), and i cant find anyone explaining how to replace it.
I found on ebay used cameras advertised both disco and bebop2 for half the price but unsure it is the good reference.
I plan to install the dji ocusync to get fpv in the disco, but still i was wondering if you experience the brocken front camera and how you solved it ?
Thanks a lot !
Arnaud

I have not...but I did read that the camera from the Bebop is NOT compatible with the Disco. The lenses are identical so you can use that if you have a scratched lens.

Hi Arnaud, I successfully replaced the camera on the disco in the past few days. I bought it from the Parrot replacement parts store. This youtube video was helpful which displays different stages of taking the CHUCK apart in order to access the screws which hold the camera in place,
. You have to be careful during the disassembly/assembly process. I almost thought I busted it when I had no power afterwards. Later, I realized that two pins weren't being inserted correctly between the two boards in the CHUCK. Good luck.
Michael

I can confirm the camera from the Bebop drone is fully compatible , bought a bebop for 85 euro , stripped out the camera , fiddly but easy if you have the correct hex driver ( I had to use a broken mini screwdriver !!) . Fitted to the chuck and back up n running . Could be that I was using a dodgy camera for a few months but I think the pic quality is better than the original .
I took the opportunity to put a dab of thermal paste behind the camera to keep the temp more constant , helps with defocus issues

I took it from a Bebop 1 . But the cam from a bebop 2 is the same , just more expensive to get a donor bebop 2 than a donor bebop 1 .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut