Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello all! Just got an Anafi in need of some repair, looking forward to learning!

JarodTLG

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!
A friend of mine recently gave me an Anafi that had been crashed, it damaged both left arms, as well as shorted something out in the gimbal or possibly just the wire, the connector is visibly damaged.

Anyway, I have repaired some things, got new connector for one of the motor wires that had shattered and turned the wires loose.
I got a new connector for the gimbal ribbon cable but even after removing the old connector and replacing the new one, either the heat from the hot air rework gun or the cable was damaged before, as the gimbal still just twitches and whines a bit.

Camera works A-ok but is lopsided due to the gimbal.
Drone flies and lands properly, I do want to replace both broken arms before I fly it much, but it lifts off and everything seems fine other than the gimbal and arms at this point.

I'm looking forward to locating parts, and hopefully getting this thing back fully functioning!
And then I'll be looking into everything I can do with it.

I'm a mechanic by trade but enjoy electronics, I've built my own circuits and done a small amount of coding to get things working. I built an add-on for the driveway alert system we have that sends an email so if we aren't home I get an email on my phone that someone is in the driveway, I can pull up and see a video feed of it.

Doubtful I'll be using the drone for much related to my business, but it'll be fun, I'm thinking I can work it in to get some neat shots for youtube or something too!

I'll post over in the classifieds so everything stays on topic, but I wanted to introduce myself and my "new" drone.

If anyone needs motor connectors, I've tracked down what kind they are, and where to get them from, as well as the gimbal motor ribbon cable, although I wouldn't highly recommend try replacing that one.

Thanks a ton everyone!

Welcome to the forum from the UK. I have replied to your classified thread before I read this one so I did not know that you had a source for gimbal motor ribbon cables. If you could let the community know where to get them from then we would be grateful.

There is a facility in the FreeFlight 6 app to alter the horizon on the camera a small amount. Have you tried that or is it not sufficient?

I only found the connector used on the motherboard side of the gimbal cable, which is a Molex 505070-1622 part. I sourced them from mouser, but I believe I have damaged the cable, or possibly the motors in my attempt to replace that connector.

The flight motor power connectors are JST ADHR-03V-S (White) and ADHR-03V-H (Grey), I had to order those from Digikey as mouser didn't stock them, and digikey didn't stock the Molex parts.

The gimbal just flopped from side to side when it was partially working, after my attempt at replacing the connector on the cable it barely moves at all. I suspect I got it a little too hot and melted a conductor in the process :(

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a gimbal I might be able to rob the cable from, I think mine will work unless I damaged a motor with the cable repair (seems unlikely but who knows)

There is probably some way to change the serial numbers if the gimbal and motherboard are indeed married, but who knows what kind of reverse-engineering that would take to even find the required serials.

Reactions: Happy Squirrel
I just had a brainstorm. If we knew what connector was on the other side of the gimbal cable it might be possible to have some manufactured that would work. we know they are 16+2 conductor (16 pins 2 grounds on the mobo side plug)

If we knew which ones were used, and which pins went where, getting replacement cables would be vastly simpler, I'm sure getting ribbon cables produced couldn't be that difficult in a world where I can order custom PCBs and have them in a few days for less than a dollar each.

I'll have to find a drone thats been landed in water or some other way destroyed beyond repair, I feel a bit bad potentially destroying mine since it does fly, and the camera works, it feels like a small step to get it fully functional

Howdy everyone!
A friend of mine recently gave me an Anafi that had been crashed, it damaged both left arms, as well as shorted something out in the gimbal or possibly just the wire, the connector is visibly damaged.

Anyway, I have repaired some things, got new connector for one of the motor wires that had shattered and turned the wires loose.
I got a new connector for the gimbal ribbon cable but even after removing the old connector and replacing the new one, either the heat from the hot air rework gun or the cable was damaged before, as the gimbal still just twitches and whines a bit.

Camera works A-ok but is lopsided due to the gimbal.
Drone flies and lands properly, I do want to replace both broken arms before I fly it much, but it lifts off and everything seems fine other than the gimbal and arms at this point.

I'm looking forward to locating parts, and hopefully getting this thing back fully functioning!
And then I'll be looking into everything I can do with it.

I'm a mechanic by trade but enjoy electronics, I've built my own circuits and done a small amount of coding to get things working. I built an add-on for the driveway alert system we have that sends an email so if we aren't home I get an email on my phone that someone is in the driveway, I can pull up and see a video feed of it.

Doubtful I'll be using the drone for much related to my business, but it'll be fun, I'm thinking I can work it in to get some neat shots for youtube or something too!

I'll post over in the classifieds so everything stays on topic, but I wanted to introduce myself and my "new" drone.

If anyone needs motor connectors, I've tracked down what kind they are, and where to get them from, as well as the gimbal motor ribbon cable, although I wouldn't highly recommend try replacing that one.

Thanks a ton everyone!
I only found the connector used on the motherboard side of the gimbal cable, which is a Molex 505070-1622 part. I sourced them from mouser, but I believe I have damaged the cable, or possibly the motors in my attempt to replace that connector.

The flight motor power connectors are JST ADHR-03V-S (White) and ADHR-03V-H (Grey), I had to order those from Digikey as mouser didn't stock them, and digikey didn't stock the Molex parts.

The gimbal just flopped from side to side when it was partially working, after my attempt at replacing the connector on the cable it barely moves at all. I suspect I got it a little too hot and melted a conductor in the process :(

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a gimbal I might be able to rob the cable from, I think mine will work unless I damaged a motor with the cable repair (seems unlikely but who knows)

There is probably some way to change the serial numbers if the gimbal and motherboard are indeed married, but who knows what kind of reverse-engineering that would take to even find the required serials.
Thanks for those part numbers for the connectors. I've been looking all over for them. I tugged instead of lifting and broke the plug. Just ordered some with spares. Do the wires just shove back in the holes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44