Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I am giving up unless ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can accept all these problems if spares were available, as I understand has been promised. I think the control problems will be sorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when it fell out of the sky it sustained a small crack in the arm and foot, then it would not fly stating camera error.
So we have a problem where they are saying it is damaged, but my claim is it was out of my control.
That is why I may take the credit card refund route and buy something else where you can get accidental damage insurance. The dealer dronesdirect only does it for some DJI drones.
Others such as Jessops only sell DJI and do insurance for them.
Is there a message in this ?
It seems Anafi is new and you cannot get parts or insurance, that is the problem.

It sounds like you made up your mind a long time ago. I would be interested in hearing what "fell out of the sky" means. I haven't seen too many of those on here and haven't seen an explanation for any of them, but I haven't looked at the really old stuff. I know if the battery isn't seated correctly, you can lose power suddenly. Mine had some camera problems that most people wouldn't have noticed but Parrot replaced it without a problem. It yours "fell out of the sky" because the drone failed, then Parrot will replace it. If you are looking for insurance, what you really need is liability, not replacement. I would recommend joining the AMA to get that if you are doing this as a hobby. Either way, good luck to you and I hope you find something that fits your needs.

"It sounds like you made up your mind a long time ago"
Nothing could be further from the truth, the fact that I am trying to get answers from this forum shows that.

However I am beginning to form an opinion.
(a) The term "fall out of the sky" seems to be common on this forum and youtube with the Anafi, I well know what this means.
(b) DJI is apparently claimed to be even worse with the term "fly away"
(c) You cannot get spare parts or accident insurance with Parrot, only DJI.

So if I get the Anafi back I will enjoy for as long as it works.
If I have to claim via the card route I may get a DJI just for the experience.
Following the expected "fly away" I will give up.

So I think after several years at these things I will have given it my best shot.
How disappointing, they are such fun and can do great photography.
It is in the nature of the beast that they are not well supported.
One of the most disturbing things is that Parrot promised spares but they are not available.

Actually I am just moving from DJI (have been flying a Spark since a year) to the Anafi. So coming from DJI I can tell you that the forums are full of people with problems. From the typical „fly away“ to drones trying to attempt a „landing“ in the middle of the sky or not responding because of sensors interferences like fog or other stuff.

Not to forget all those updates which can completely stop you from takeoff and drain a full battery. Or the sometimes minutes it takes me to connect my phone to the controller (and connecting with a cable is possible but not supported. Doing so might break warranty..)

Or the rather massive software problems with Android phones

So I don’t want to bash DJI, I was very happy with my Spark and a friend of mine is using an Air for business but no drones are perfect. If you are invested in a forum you will see all those negativity and problems leading you to think that the products are of bad quality, when in fact only a small part of customers are affected.

My recommendation is: buy the drone that fits you desired features and use cases. It don’t buy a DJI or parrot drone because you think the other is much better in product quality

Reactions: sprill22
Well, when it fell out of the sky it sustained a small crack in the arm and foot, then it would not fly stating camera error.
So we have a problem where they are saying it is damaged, but my claim is it was out of my control.
That is why I may take the credit card refund route and buy something else where you can get accidental damage insurance. The dealer dronesdirect only does it for some DJI drones.
Others such as Jessops only sell DJI and do insurance for them.
Is there a message in this ?
It seems Anafi is new and you cannot get parts or insurance, that is the problem.

I didn't mean to insult you. "Fall out of the sky" has a cause...either loss of power or hitting something like a bird or tree. Loss of control can lead to hitting something which results in the same. Loss of power is usually either an improperly installed battery, a wiring problem, but very rarely, an uncommanded shutdown (this would be a huge issue). All would require replacement, but one would actually be the pilot's fault. That's what I was trying to get more info on. "Fall out of the sky" was the term that the horde of DJI bots used against Yuneec about a year ago and no, I haven't found it to be common on this forum except from people pushing DJI products.

You can get 3rd party insurance for any brand and type, not just on what the seller of your machine offers you one for.

There's a saying with drones, don't get one unless you're ready to lose it on the first flight. No consumer model is highly reliable... and usually it's the pilot's fault anyway.

"and usually it's the pilot's fault anyway "
Not in my case, it was a hang up. That is the explanation, it could not be controlled although it maintained the position on the rapid way down.
Anyway, I suppose from all this if I want an advanced long range drone I have to accept the consequencies.
It seems that many of you like the Anafi, as I do and DJI has problems.
But if I lose it too often that is depressing and you cannot as yet get bits for the Anafi.
As I said in the beginning, I will press on, but if it happens too often regretfully I will have to give up, but I would miss it.
I still like the idea of a shop and direct contact with insurance, but difficult to get at present unless it is a DJI.

I like the anafi for the camera in stills mode for that size/weight, but still prefer DJI models in general.

This is now a long thread with 2 pages based on a starter post #1 with these words:
"The Anafi was nice but I exchanged it once and now it lost control and was damaged."
Following answers/posts (including mine) tried to help or give advice.
But indeed what do we know about the problem?
Nearly nothing.
So it is obvious that a solution or trying to find a possible cause of the problem can not be found.

My point is:
Most important for finding solutions in a forum is a detailed description of the problem

"So it is obvious that a solution or trying to find a possible cause of the problem can not be found "

Incorrect, the problem is inadequate software testing of Anafi and DJI.

I have been most interested to hear of what members think of Anafi and DJI.
For me the issue is not that problems occur, but the difference in attitudes of the dealers etc that do not provide insurance or spares as yet for the Anafi.
I look forward to getting mine back, but if they try to charge me for a bit of arm damage, beyond my control, there will be a Visa claim as "not fit for purpose".

Anyway, if some of you are getting bored with this thread and I am not, best to stop reading it.

"So it is obvious that a solution or trying to find a possible cause of the problem can not be found "

Incorrect, the problem is inadequate software testing of Anafi and DJI.

I have been most interested to hear of what members think of Anafi and DJI.
For me the issue is not that problems occur, but the difference in attitudes of the dealers etc that do not provide insurance or spares as yet for the Anafi.
I look forward to getting mine back, but if they try to charge me for a bit of arm damage, beyond my control, there will be a Visa claim as "not fit for purpose".

Anyway, if some of you are getting bored with this thread and I am not, best to stop reading it.
No, everything's fine.
But if you read "your" thread here again, then the main starting point ("... now it lost control and was damaged") is not suitable to learn anything about Parrot, DJI, coding of drones including "software hang-ups", Wifi range or of any other aspect.
Only that was my point. Of course you may collect further opinions, but they do not lead to anything.

Reactions: Kilrah
"is not suitable to learn anything about Parrot, DJI, coding of drones including "software hang-ups", Wifi range or of any other aspect "

The only way to learn about hangups is if the manufacturer has a system in place to record the event, as Windows and Linux do. But many of these hangups are not resolveable, only by extensive software evalation. But these products are brought to market asap, that is why with especially DJI this forum tells us there are many updates.

Anyway, it has been useful, I just hope I can continue with it, it is a great device, almost there, or may even be by now. Following the next update of course.

Well sadly I have had to give up the Anafi, not because I did not like it but because I received zero support. It had arm damage but they say it was my fault it fell out of the sky and it was pilot error. Not so, it just fell out of the sky as many others report.
If insurance etc was obtainable on this drone it would have been better, but strangely dealers such as buydrone direct only offer insurance on DJI, I wonder why.
So I have a full refund from Visa as the product was not fit for purpose.
Therefore going Mavic Pro Platinum with full insurance and unlimited accident fixes.
Shame, I thought Anafi flew well, lightweight etc.
I know you will say DJI not perfect but what could I do, I need insurance on this expensive product that I want to use frequently.

If insurance etc was obtainable on this drone it would have been better, but strangely dealers such as buydrone direct only offer insurance on DJI, I wonder why.
I am sorry that you have lost confidence in the Anafi.
The insurance that you talk about is, I think, "DJI Care Refresh" the cost of replacement craft must be built into their business model. If you are happy paying £129 per year for the peace of mind that it gives you then go for it.

Out of interest I have found that the Dronecoverclub in the UK will insure against loss for £129.95 additional cost above their £29.95 third party cover Drone Cover Club - Drone & Model Aircraft Insurance . So flyaway and failure in flight insurance is available.

Last edited:
Actually not that simple. You have to Join the Drone Cover Club at £29.95 a year in addition , and do the online safety test.
So I have not really lost confidence in the Anafi, most complex computer based systems hang up sometimes, its just that Parrot have not done adequate testing.
And the insurance companies do not have confidence in the Anafi.

Actually not that simple. You have to Join the Drone Cover Club at £29.95 a year in addition , and do the online safety test.
So I have not really lost confidence in the Anafi, most complex computer based systems hang up sometimes, its just that Parrot have not done adequate testing.
And the insurance companies do not have confidence in the Anafi.
"... hang up sometimes": not proved in any post here for Anafi
"... insurance companies do not have confidence in the Anafi": not to be proved in any way

"
"... hang up sometimes": not proved in any post here for Anafi
"... insurance companies do not have confidence in the Anafi": not to be proved in any way"

Proven by the fact it happened to me, and there are plenty of posts on this forum and youtube stating that.
Insurance proven by the fact it is difficult to get, but easily available for DJI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood