Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I am giving up unless ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
"
"... hang up sometimes": not proved in any post here for Anafi
"... insurance companies do not have confidence in the Anafi": not to be proved in any way"

Proven by the fact it happened to me, and there are plenty of posts on this forum and youtube stating that.
Insurance proven by the fact it is difficult to get, but easily available for DJI.
What really happened to you could not be clarified in this thread. You oviously assumed a kind of "firmware hangup", but read your post #1: no facts at all.
I had no problems to get an insurance for Anafi.

You cannot identify a "firmware hangup" without a lot of testing that Parrot have not done. It was identified by many others.
And then Parrot promised spares etc which is not forthcoming.
And they have got rid 100 staff.
And you could get it for £429 recently.
Something begins to add up does it not ?

Not really. They got rid of marketing people which most companies do (and many drone companies did) when trying to optimize and focus.

Saying parrot didn’t test the drone/software is something you can’t prove and I don’t see any evidence. In fact, coming from DJI and having experienced their products and software and also what’s going on in their forums concerning problems and stuff, I can only salute Parrot.

The DJI Care refresh does not include Third Party Insurance either. I did state that the Drone Cover Club loss insurance premium was additional to their third party cover of £29.99 which is a lot cheaper than the BMFA membership fee, which includes third party cover, of £38 this year. As regards on-line safety tests they are coming to the UK this year anyway.

Not really. They got rid of marketing people which most companies do (and many drone companies did) when trying to optimize and focus.

Saying parrot didn’t test the drone/software is something you can’t prove and I don’t see any evidence. In fact, coming from DJI and having experienced their products and software and also what’s going on in their forums concerning problems and stuff, I can only salute Parrot.

Well I agree that DJI are not perfect, but apparently spares are more easily obtained and you can mostly fix minor problems yourself.
So we shall see, if after a year with a Mavic Pro and insurance it does not work for me then I really will give up.
But looking forward to hols in North Scotland later this year and a good drone will come ibto its own.

Plenty of props and a battery. Cannot see cases and arms, the bits you need.

Just search for "Parrot Anafi Drone OEM". I think there is every part for an Anafi from arms to gimbal system and in between.

Depending on where you are it will not show up in a search. I think it has to do with shipping. I know I cannot get the links to work here in Canada. Others have posted the same links here before. Nothing new and very expensive parts.

Parts are expensive for any product. It is a profit center. Better than throwing your drone away.

AmazonParts.png

Last edited:
Wow, are you serious? They all come from USA, cheeper to buy a new one at £429! Could not find any arms either, that's what cracks.
And nothing in Amazon.
So not convinced.

Finally the answer I am looking for, Coverdrone, will look at this.
Parrot and Dji may be just as good as each other, but if Anafi parts, such as there is, have to come from USA. My experience, in putting my problem through a dealer, and eventually Parrot, is very poor indeed.

Just a thing I forgot to say: parrot also offers parts for the Anafi as discussed here. While their are not really available everywhere yet, DJI doesn’t offer anything like that and instead jus wants your to buy a new one. The DJI Care (at least the normal version I myself got with my Spark) just helped for 1 or two accidents and you would still have to pay a certain amount and the care only lasted in the first year.

Specifically with the Spark there have been many problems with fly aways and even batteries just jumping out of the drone while in mid flight because of a bad battery design. And in most of them you had bad luck with trying to get a new drone for free. Especially since everything you do is transferred to DJI servers, even plugin in an OTG cable or using a third party app could have meant warranty loss.

Just as another example that problems can happen with every manufacturer and device regardless of brand name

Finally the answer I am looking for, Coverdrone, will look at this.
Parrot and Dji may be just as good as each other, but if Anafi parts, such as there is, have to come from USA. My experience, in putting my problem through a dealer, and eventually Parrot, is very poor indeed.

I understand your frustration but please refer to the Community rules. Post your problem which you did and I am sorry you have not found a good solution to it but there are hundreds of us that enjoy the Anafi without any problems at all.

"This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community. "

Reactions: Flipper
What is a forum for ? I have always said i like the Anafi. If you have a problem with a dealer it should be highlighted, that is the point, my problem has been mainly with the dealer.

Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh