Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I'm in shock. I don't believe what just happened

aggillator

Reaction score
Ive been flying drones for many years now. Started off on toy grades owned several dji drones and about 2 months ago bought an anafi. I have had no problems with it until today. I was in the middle of a flight when all of a sudden a message flashes across the screen: "the engines of the drone have cut out". And that was it. I lost all connection. I waited a while to see if it would come back but nothing happened. I thought, we'll at least that will be recorded in my flight log. But when I went to check it, it doesn't register the flight happened at all!!!! Can anyone help me? Are there any other logs or way I can prove to parrot that the drone malfunctioned?

Ive been flying drones for many years now. Started off on toy grades owned several dji drones and about 2 months ago bought an anafi. I have had no problems with it until today. I was in the middle of a flight when all of a sudden a message flashes across the screen: "the engines of the drone have cut out". And that was it. I lost all connection. I waited a while to see if it would come back but nothing happened. I thought, we'll at least that will be recorded in my flight log. But when I went to check it, it doesn't register the flight happened at all!!!! Can anyone help me? Are there any other logs or way I can prove to parrot that the drone malfunctioned?
Hi,start Freeflight 6,in upper righthand corner you will see Drone icon and Controller icon,hit drone icon and it will(should)show you map with last gps location of your anafi(assuming you had gps when you flew)...on the other note,what was outside temp. and how long was anafi in the air before you lost connection

Drone engines could shut down due to collision with an obstacle, birds ...
If not enough time has passed, look at the place of the last signal transmission in FF6 and go to this place with the sky controller turned on. If the drone is turned on, you will catch its signal and see the image from the camera.

On the FF6 page with the map of the last drone position at the top left there is a signal icon.
If there is a connection with the drone, you need to click on this icon and the drone will start loud signals.

But this is only if the drone is not destroyed, not enough time has passed and it gives a signal

If you cannot get FF6 to give you a fix do you know where approximately you were flying. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that you were beyond line of sight and therefore did not see where it went down. Or were you flying a flight plan in which case you could try following the flightplan on foot to look for it.

Thanks. It was about 34 degrees. It wasn't far from me. Just a couple streets over. Is there any log recorded in the remote? Anyway to prove it wasn't my fault?

I think that you need to try to recover the Anafi and see if you can reconnect to it and download the flight log.
Have you tried searching where you think that it may have gone down or knocking on some doors and see whether anybody knows anything? Did you have a phone number on the Anafi in case of loss?

I tried looking for it couldn't find. No I used to put my phone numbers on my drones and then for some reason got lazy about it. It's a real bummer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut