Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Hi all,
Thomas from France here!
Just got the Anafi one week ago and I'm really amazed by how good it is.
I "upgraded" after owning the Ryze Tello for 1 month which I really enjoyed for flying but I wanted the stabilised camera and the 4K video.
Anyways, I can tell you that with the Anafi for the first time I see a huge difference between 4K and Full HD on my 4K monitor.
The thing is that 4K on Youtube is really compressed which makes it look too much like HD.
But having the 100Mbps 4K video from the Anafi, it's just amazing...

I'm looking forward to SW updates from parrot.
I really want to do 360 spherical panoramas. For now I'm trying to use Flight Plan to at list automate the picture taking but even this I can't seem to make it work. I couldn't find much info yet on how to use Flight Plan (how to use the rotate, is it relative angle or absolute angle, the picture taking, etc...)
I'm sure all is going to get better with the future SW releases and when they make available the SDK we will probably see 3rd party great stuff as well!!

Looking forward to that!
Cheers,
Thomas

PS: my second day with the Anafi:
Just posted my rush with almost no editing
Belle vidéo Thomas, est ce que c'est ton premier drone? La région me parle comme vers le Saumurois ? Moi je suis francais expat en GB et je viens de recevoir mon anafi

I an Sam from Weatherford Texas. I have been flying drones for some time I have two AR drones a Bebop and a Bebop 2. I like to use my Skycontoler I do use my drones to inspect roofs for Solar installs and repairs.

Hello everyone !! Im Álvaro, Im from Spain, and I’ve been flying from 2013 with Phantom 1. Im working like professional from 2015, with some diferents works, but not is mi principal work way. ( Im photographer, and drone world is a kind of "next step" in my bussines.

Im in love with my last anafi "work edition" for the small size, the speed for load, and the 4k camera, better than my yuneec q500+

See you, sky cowboys !!

New to the hobby, I have 9 drones to date. Starting with a Holy Stone HS170 Predator and ending with my Parrot Bebop. Never before were 2 drones so opposite ends of the hobby. The ability to fine tune the Bebop is incredible. The flexibility is second to none, it kinda reminds me of an engineering R&D platform where they try out all their tech and programing.

I’ve never flown a Mavic or a Yuneec or any other drone that was more than a toy drone. Don’t get me wrong, Holy Stone and a few others seem to have a handle on the under $200 drones with gps and better grade cameras. It seems like they’re better at the non gps models but in time I think they’ll crack the barrier and make a true 4k HD camera with a functional gps and true RTH and follow me modes that work, (well).

Anyone else have the same flexibility in setting the flight and video parameters. As the Bebop in the same price range?

Hello everyone, I'm Peter and just flew my Anafi Parrot for the first time today. Already I am having problems. I'm no stranger to flying drone. I have a DJI Spark and have been flying it for 2 years. Before that many non-GPS drones.

I put in my own password to replace that which was shipped with the drone. Now I can't login to its WIFI signal with the password I entered in the FreeFly6 App. I tried to reset the PW according to instructions on the Web, holding the on button down for 8 sec. It wrote a file of a type my Mac doesn't recognize?

PS: I was unable to read that the files on the SD card are called: media.db and media.db-journal. There is also a folder on the card labeled FDR with .bin log files ???

Epilog: THE DRONE IS CONNECTING AGAIN! I'm not sure what I did, but after fiddling, my chosen password was accepted and I can connect the drone via WIFI. Like some have mentioned; the phone holder on the remote is unusable as is. I'll likely have to modify it in some way. (I saw on youtube someone 3D printed something to allow an ipad Mini to be attached.)

Last edited:
Hi, new to drones not to computers, flying and photography.

Picked anafi because of its ability to look up and capture spherical panoramas, works great with Microsoft i.c.e.

Problem, lots of wifi interference around,even at 300 ft above me line of sight.

have successfully completed autonomous missions with freeflight 6 even with red and black screens.

would like to set up a flightplan to go up to 300 ft take a spherical panorama and land, freeflight graphical interface allows for a drag and drop of a still photo at a waypoint but no opportunity to choose spherical. does anyone know a script I could paste into .Json to execute spherical panorama at my waypoint? Thanks in advance. If I should post this elsewhere please direct me there.P0461000_stitchlevelcurvesresize3550x200.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MauiMacMan
Hi Everyone!

I live and fly my Anafi in New Zealand. Bought it in March this year to get some drone piloting skills. Ability to look up is crucial to what I'm doing.

Suddenly, it fall in the brackish water after touching the tree and that's what brought me to this forum! After disassembly and a good total wash, my drone is flying again, however the gimbal still doesn't work (already tried everything I found about it on this forum). Looking towards fixing the issue one day, but no one sells broken Anafis in NZ or want to ship it.

Good drone, even though I dissappointed with customer service but very pleased with its repairability.

Hi Everyone!

I live and fly my Anafi in New Zealand. Bought it in March this year to get some drone piloting skills. Ability to look up is crucial to what I'm doing.

Suddenly, it fall in the brackish water after touching the tree and that's what brought me to this forum! After disassembly and a good total wash, my drone is flying again, however the gimbal still doesn't work (already tried everything I found about it on this forum). Looking towards fixing the issue one day, but no one sells broken Anafis in NZ or want to ship it.

Good drone, even though I dissappointed with customer service but very pleased with its repairability.
My gimbal stopped working my anaffi flipped due to fitting props wrong. Any way looking down at camera I noticed wire touching camera body got a pin and gently moved them off camera body gimbal works ok now .

Reactions: look up
Hello Parrot Pilots.
Happy to be here and looking forward to expanding my own knowledge and maybe even sharing some.
I've invested in the thermal and hope to build a small fleet of Parrots in the upcoming year.
I'm a pro in the commercial diving industry and also here we use drones, but they are really ROV's since there is a teither connection.
Anyway, going for the sky
Regards

Hello Parrot Pilots.
Happy to be here and looking forward to expanding my own knowledge and maybe even sharing some.
I've invested in the thermal and hope to build a small fleet of Parrots in the upcoming year.
I'm a pro in the commercial diving industry and also here we use drones, but they are really ROV's since there is a teither connection.
Anyway, going for the sky
Regards

Hello and good luck with your Parrot UAV.

Hi everybody,
My real name is Jeff (I have used "Goose" as my character name in all my online apps and games for over 5 or 6 years). I just bought a used Anafi and I love it. I had a couple of really cheap drones over the last couple of years that I hardly messed with because they were hard to fly and not very fun. I am looking forward to learning as much as possible from the vets on here about flying and filming techniques. I live in the Northern California town of Martinez and I am headed out right now to practice my flying skills.

Hey. my name is jack i've been living is sweden for a long time now. I'm a new bebop pilot and have a lot to learn about bebops but am familiar with quadcopters. At first when I had what thought was a problem I was just gonna ask my question but this fourm has really grown on me and would like to share my bebop experiences and help anyone who might need it :)

Hey. my name is jack i've been living is sweden for a long time now. I'm a new bebop pilot and have a lot to learn about bebops but am familiar with quadcopters. At first when I had what thought was a problem I was just gonna ask my question but this fourm has really grown on me and would like to share my bebop experiences and help anyone who might need it :)

Welcome from Northern Ontario Canada

Hello
I am Tim, a retired Englishman living in beautiful Brittany, France. I don't have an Anafi yet but am saving up! It will be my first drone. I am a keen photographer and I live amongst wonderful scenery in Finistere. There are many no-fly zones on the maps so it will be a challenge to stay legal I think! Even my garden is a no-fly zone as I live near the small, little used airport of Morlaix. Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut