Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is the Anafi worth it???

JDrone

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I currently own the Bebop2Power and for a first drone it has been rock solid in performance, no hiccups, just mediocre video and pictures. So now to my main question, I’m ready to step to a more serious drone and I’m going back and forth over the Anafi and. The Mavic Pro. I would greatly appreciate everyone’s feedback on their Anafi experience so far, range and video quality are most important to me, also can anyone speak to the new update regarding “precise home” regarding rth and landing. Thanks again, jd

Reactions: Kdavis2269
The Anafi has nice video and is priced pretty nice compared to the mavic pro. I think the mavic pro would get you much better range if that is a factor for you. Honestly, I can't complain at all with the range of my Anafi. I have only taken mine out about 3000 feet and at that distance, I can't see it and have to use the phone fpv screen to see which way I am going. I honestly prefer my Anafi over the mavic air or spark but think the mavic pro is clearly the better drone. It cost twice as much though so if budget can handle it... go for the mavic pro. If money is a factor, the Anafi is the best bang for the buck.

You can’t compare them. They are different in many ways. If you want allegedly worry free flight with sensors and long range so you can disregard our required rules then get the DJI. If you want an amazing simple camera drone that produces your results through careful planning and piloting then consider the Anafi.

Since you are familiar with Parrot, the Anafi makes sense and you can always get that Mavic Pro when the price drops at the release of the Mavic X or whatever “new” overpriced drone DJI is looking to convince you is superior. Louder marketing doesn’t always allow for real objective comparison but I can tell you from experience that Mavic users are kind of shocked by the video capture of our humble bug.

The main selling point advantage is no props ever in the shot and for me, that’s priceless. That and the full 180 tilt gimbal gives other drone users pause while they wonder why no one else thought of this design. Oh and the quieter motors and size make you less of that suspicious drone that everyone is getting so afraid of. Did I mention how good the DNGs are or the real 360 full panoramas it can produce that animate 100% via Google photos into amazing VR that makes you like like a genius and requires no extra software or stitching? I could go on but I got a sunrise to document and the lights getting towards Anafi time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Seitenwerk
You can’t compare them. They are different in many ways. If you want allegedly worry free flight with sensors and long range so you can disregard our required rules then get the DJI. If you want an amazing simple camera drone that produces your results through careful planning and piloting then consider the Anafi.

Since you are familiar with Parrot, the Anafi makes sense and you can always get that Mavic Pro when the price drops at the release of the Mavic X or whatever “new” overpriced drone DJI is looking to convince you is superior. Louder marketing doesn’t always allow for real objective comparison but I can tell you from experience that Mavic users are kind of shocked by the video capture of our humble bug.

The main selling point advantage is no props ever in the shot and for me, that’s priceless. That and the full 180 tilt gimbal gives other drone users pause while they wonder why no one else thought of this design. Oh and the quieter motors and size make you less of that suspicious drone that everyone is getting so afraid of. Did I mention how good the DNGs are or the real 360 full panoramas it can produce that animate 100% via Google photos into amazing VR that makes you like like a genius and requires no extra software or stitching? I could go on but I got a sunrise to document and the lights getting towards Anafi time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you, great response and this is why I have leaned more toward the Anafi, even in comparison videos it holds up to the latest mavic in my opinion.

IMO, which you've asked for, go with the Anafi. Why?

Price.
Video modes - The Anafi has some nifty video modes, camera man combined with the upward pan can create some nice reveal shots.
Noise - it's a very quiet drone which really does make a difference given that many people seem to hate 'drones' so it doesn't attract unwanted attention.
No Geofencing enforcement - you can take off anywhere.

The bad?

Range - this shouldn't be a concern on any drone, rather the quality of the signal that allows you to fly without issue. I can't think why anyone would want to fly beyond 1km, let alone 7km but for what it's worth the Anafi can still reach 4 or 5km (check Dustin Dunnill on YT, then check the numerous videos of idiots doing range tests and running out of power on the way home).

Signal Quality - It's not occusync so expect potential drop outs in dense urban areas.

Reactions: Kdavis2269

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut