Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is there a way to get screen not to stay black and white after taking picture?

This "feature" has been added in the latest updates, and frankly it seems to me nothing more than a gimmick. A simple screen flash or sound would be sufficient. 3 seconds of black and white frozen image is not what I'm expecting as feedback from a dynamic flying device. It is simply annoying and unnecessary.
No, the interrupted life-stream was there since early FW and SW versions. But you could see the interrupted life-stream picture or a disturbed video during this period. With the last update this was replaced by the B-W-picture of the photo taken. The user guide v2.3 was the first user guide, that described this B-W-picture as the "normal" situation after taking a photo.
So I assume, that Parrot chooses this way with the new FW to give the user a "safer looking" aspect of the period after taking a photo: a B-W-photo will insecure a user much less than a visible broken video-strem.

I have been doing a lot of 360 degree Panos lately. Each one takes 42 photos. Each Pano takes 3 minutes to complete. It takes JPEG RECT. Do the math, its not 30 seconds or even 15 seconds between photos. If its taking any longer then 3 seconds you have a write problem. First thing I would look into is a better SDcard.

Hello all,

I did The test with a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64Gb U3 V30 A1.
Did my usual Bracketing shot with 7 exposures in both JPEG and DNG raw file (as we can’t set it to DNG only, and DNG is all I need).

So the shot is 7 x 2 pictures = 14 shots for one press on the picture button. The total amount of memory for this shot is 330 Mb (DNG files are huge).

The chronometer reads : 8 seconds of black and white frozen image on FreeFlight 6. For this 8 seconds time, the Anafi records 6 or 7 images. The remaining images and processing is then treated in the Anafi memory and buffers up to 16 seconds (but during this last added 8 seconds of buffering and recording, the screen resumes to live view of the flight which is fine for me).

I agree with Dirk, it’s far from 30 seconds or 1 minute (but to me, 8 seconds of flying blind as a bat feels like a century ;o)

I really love that feature (that I requested loudly ;o) that allows us to make bracketing shoots in DNG. And I’m also impressed by the fact the Anafi is able to store in a buffered memory all the 14 images that will allow us to make this High Dynamic Range shot that I particularly enjoy. But I only need the 7 DNGs out of them.

So to summarize my request for a future update :

- Would it be possible to shorten the 8 seconds of B&W frozen screen to a 1 second. Or just write on the screen a ´Pix Pending !’ Text (with a little bird logo if it’s not asking too much), but leaving the live screen view of the flight.
- And please add an option in the Camera Setting that would be like : ‘Do not waste time with JPEG files as processing time and storage of such compressed files is not my cup of tea, just DNG option thanks’ (or a shorter version ‘DNG only’ if the previous sentence looks exaggerated).

I’ll finish with the traditional magic word : ‘please Parrot ?’

Ok...as an original owner this lag has been there since day one. It’s mostly due to stability and the rougher the flight conditions, the longer the time to “finish”. It was never clear if you had successfully shot the subject before and it was possible to move before it actually snapped. Keeping track required watching the photo count advance and when your really going for it, it was easy to loose track of whether it was or was not still waiting to go. With the grey out, I now know it’s working and I wait patiently for my photo and then move on.

One of my best pictures was done under very windy conditions and when I hit the shutter button, I knew the action in front of me might be missed. During the lag everyone’s so upset about, the Anafi captured the perfect moment better then I could ever imagine. That being said, if there is room for improvement, then Parrot will implement it as every update brings more tools to the camera so far.

Reactions: zandoli
So I went ahead and did some extra testing with the drone yesterday. I ended up switching in a U3 class card and I also noticed that there was a firmware update to be done. On my desk, I noticed that the write speeds picked up to the 2-3 seconds reported by you for JPEG, and 5-6 for brackets. Times for DNG were a second or two longer.

While the results still aren't nearly as fast as my DJI, they are a LOT better than what I experienced in the past. I have a job where I take pictures of a hotel construction, so I'll give it an in-air test and see if they stick to that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut