Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lost signal for 1 minute plus and drone did NOT move

kaikai113

Reaction score
here is the link and about 1:28 minute into video, I lost connection... After, disconnecting and restarting app, it came back into control...

here is the link and about 1:28 minute into video, I lost connection... After, disconnecting and restarting app, it came back into control...

Sorry but it's not your APP that flies your Anafi but the Controller. If Anafi had lost connection to the Controller, Anafi would have gone to RTH mode and had automatically returned to her "warm cave". That means you've all the time has been connected to your Anafi with the Controller, when the automatic RTH did not happen/kick in.

You should probably find yourself another non-populated area to fly in so you are free of all the WiFi signals that are definitely in such a city.

If I flew in such a place here in Denmark as an amateur, I would get a very big fine. ;)

Regards Leif.

Sorry but it's not your APP that flies your Anafi but the Controller. If Anafi had lost connection to the Controller, Anafi would have gone to RTH mode and had automatically returned to her "warm cave". That means you've all the time has been connected to your Anafi with the Controller, when the automatic RTH did not happen/kick in.

You should probably find yourself another non-populated area to fly in so you are free of all the WiFi signals that are definitely in such a city.

If I flew in such a place here in Denmark as an amateur, I would get a very big fine. ;)

Regards Leif.
Denmark, thanks for your input...
The anafi, uses this android system to fly...
It must be working as it does updates and you can, in theory, use the app but the controller cannot work by itself.
That is, you can't flip open the controller and start to fly...
Not sure if you know that, all settings are done via the app also.
Perhaps, after the initial flight started you can default and use controller without the phone...
That makes sense as I have lost the app, a few times And was able to still control the drone...
But, in this case, as the video shows, it ignored my controller even...
I spoke with Parrot, they theories I never lost connection and might have been blocked by interference...
They state that because they stated drone should have flown home after 3 to 5 seconds of lost connection.
Tomorrow, I will attempt to fly drone and disconnect and see if it returns home after closing controller...

Denmark, thanks for your input...
The anafi, uses this android system to fly...
It must be working as it does updates and you can, in theory, use the app but the controller cannot work by itself.
That is, you can't flip open the controller and start to fly...
Not sure if you know that, all settings are done via the app also.
Perhaps, after the initial flight started you can default and use controller without the phone...
That makes sense as I have lost the app, a few times And was able to still control the drone...
But, in this case, as the video shows, it ignored my controller even...
I spoke with Parrot, they theories I never lost connection and might have been blocked by interference...
They state that because they stated drone should have flown home after 3 to 5 seconds of lost connection.
Tomorrow, I will attempt to fly drone and disconnect and see if it returns home after closing controller...

Great to Parrot agree with me. :)

Yes, try and close the controller when you fly and see what happens. ;)

I'm sure when I can fly my Anafi with the Controller alone without being near a mobile phone or tablet, you can also do the same. ;) :)

Regards Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame