Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Missing flight data

Thanev

Reaction score
My flights are no longer logged in Freeflight. I am running current firmware.I leave the Anafi and phone(app) powered up for a couple of minutes after each flight,but have not been able to save a flight in the App since April.
Any suggestions ?

Reactions: vekthor
Hi there

I have the same problem and Parrot has been informed of it. After some e-mail exchange, info sent, etc, I have not heard anything more from them.
My flights have stopped and did not update since 04 May 2019. I have done at least more 15-20 flights since then.

My steps to try to solve the problem (with no success):

1)- uninstall and reinstall the app (3 times)
2)- reset the mobile device (iphone8 dedicated device), uninstall the app, reinstall the app
3)- login/logout from myparrot.com on the app
4)- try different device (iPhone / android)
5)- re-accept/re-enable the privacy permissions related to the Parrot.com account (just in case...)
6)- everything (quadcopter, transmitter and mobile devices) - updated to the latest software, app and FW)

None of these steps solved the problem. It seems to be from Parrot´s side, server linked and account related.

I will post future updates here, if Parrot decides to answer or solve the problem at all.

Cheers friend. fly safe.

latest firmware and IOS version - dedicated device - reinstalled app 3 times_LI.jpg

number of flights 01 (not updating - frozen - since 2019-05-04)_LI.jpg

number of flights 02 (not updating - frozen - since 2019-05-04)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev
Yes,I have taken all those steps as well,including asking Parrot for a solution, with no assistance from them.I,too,will post should I ever receive assistance.

Hi again

I leave my e-mail exchange with Parrot support so far (notice the time interval) :

1) **********************************************************(03/06/2019)

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Parrot
We confirm receipt of your request 1328556 - Technical Question.
Our technical team is processing your request and will contact you within the next 48 working hours.
Kind Regards
Parrot Technical Support Team
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) **********************************************************(06/06/2019)
Hi Nuno,
This is Jennifer from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1328556, concerning your Parrot Anafi.
Would you please send a screenshot from the application to be able to escalate the case?
It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.
Best Regards,
Jennifer K.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
+44(0)2034815677
To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Jennifer, thank you for the reply
In the attachments you will find the requested screenshot, plus some other of interest to the case, hopefully saving you some time.
Best regards, thank you once more
Nuno M.
3) **********************************************************(07/06/2019)
Hi Nuno,
This is Jennifer from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1328556, concerning your Parrot Anafi.
Would you please send the requested information in English language to be able to escalate.
It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.
Best Regards,
Jennifer K.
Parrot Customer Support
+44(0)2034815677
To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).
Hello Jennifer,
As requested, updated all attachments in English for your examination.
I have used the Anafi today, performed a shot flight and a panoramic shot.
It performed very well, as usual:
1) - GPS lock both controller and quadcopter, everything green (takes considerably longer since the last firmware update)
2) - liftoff to about 25m altitude, performed 360º panoramic shot
3) - descend, turn off, everything ok
4) - check flight log (ZERO updates, remains in the 4th of May 2019). Does not update since then.
The app has been reinstalled 4 times in 3 different devices, same result. Seems to be related to my parrot account.
[email protected]
please correct this, the flight logs are necessary.
Best regards, thank you
Nuno M.
4) **********************************************************(14/06/2019)
Hi Nuno,
Would you please confirm if you Logged in to my Parrot?
Best Regards,
Jennifer K.
Parrot Customer Support
+44(0)2034815677
Hi Jennifer
I´ve always been logged to the my parrot account.
The app has been reinstalled 4 times, and tried logging in and logging out several times also.
The mobile device has been reset and everything reinstalled.
The flights always updated before the 04 May 2019, where they stopped updating.

I´m an IT tech so i can assure you that my devices (and the one i use for the Anafi is a dedicated one, so no bloatware) are always clean, updated and operating within projected parameters.

To answer your question, yes i am always logged in to the my parrot account ([email protected]) within the freeflight6 app (IOS) and have accepted the conditions and sharing of my flight data with Parrot.
The problem / anomaly does not seem to be on my side.
Thank you.
Nuno M.

Fly safe

Just did 3 flights with the Anafi with the latest firmware update.
The problem remains; flights still don´t update on the app.

I just noticed I’m stuck at 579 flights. Last flight recorded on June 4th. It appears I’m not logged in even though it said I was. I’m going to try resetting my password and see if it updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested to see what happens,as numerous deletions and reinstalls of Freeflight,along with log outs and log ins in MyParrot have had no effect.Parrot McService just doesn't get it after numerous emails. I enter this anomaly into my manual flight logs on every flight as an "error",as problems with any RPAS now need to be recorded in a specific logbook .(New regulation in Canada)

Ugh. My Mexico spot gets better all the time. Talk about free flight!

I was out his morning for a while and once I got home and connected to my home WiFi with my phone a few minutes later the log updated on my.parrot. This is with a Android phone (LG 6G)

My last recorded flight is June 4. I’m stuck at 579 flights. I created a new password on myparrot with my iPad and sent myself the email link from my data request. I then logged into Gmail and downloaded the data into my Anafi Android phone. I reloaded the app, did all the accepts, logged in on controller phone with new password and now had no records. I booted up the bird and did a little flight to see if that helped. I tried the internal download again reasoning that my phone now had the logs from the website. I got back my 579 flights but nothing new and since I shoot photos every morning of that century plant, my total flight count should be higher. I still think I got logged out even though my app says I was not. See what tomorrow brings after morning flight.

CraigCam, my flights are still logged, but I have much less flights. So I cannot test.
Would you check something:
Take a new formatted SD card and start over like with a new Anafi.
Are your new flights logged now?

Hi there friend,

Could you please confirm if you too are using an iphone as the mobile device for the Anafi?
I´m trying to create a pattern regarding the problem, to check an hipothesys;
The Android and IOS version of the app in the latest version, and if it was indeed a recent app update that "broke" the flights operation.

Thank you

When this happened to me I fixed it with a factory reset within the app. Which is different to a hard reset. This is the advice I followed from Parrot:-

( Hard Reset )
- Turn the ANAFI on
- Hold down the power button for 15-20 seconds
- Release the power button once you see all LED'S turn Red

( Reset through Application )
- Go to the Freeflight 6 application
- Click on the name of your drone at the top of your screen
- Hit on the reset button , it should be under the calibration option

( This will delete all photos and videos on the drone )

Connect your drone to the application and allow the flights to sync and perform the below steps :

- Go to the Freeflight 6 Application

- Go to Data Confidentiality

- Ensure Both Options are marked as " YES "

- Choose My Flights

- Click on the star next to all of your flights you'd like to share

- The stars on the left-hand side should all be green

- Make sure that the application is opened on your phone in the background for the next 24 hours with internet connection with WIFI or Mobile data.

Ok... so yes I got a flight recorded but no data was input. I’m going to get my work of the current card, try the reformat and reset procedures later this am. It looks like I may never get back any meaningful data from the last 3 weeks or so. I’ll keep trying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I followed the suggestion that Zamzara posted from Parrot. It’s basically got me in the same spot. I also noticed a new email from Parrot with a data download link as I did hit the request data button post my last flight. Since my email is through my company and a Mac mail server, I forward those to my Gmail so my Android Samsung 8+ can see them.

Yesterday clearly something downloaded but this am, I got a server error. I left that phone connected to the App and on WiFi so I’ll see what propagates.

One note on the “soft” reset with the FF6 app is that I had to clear out the drone and re connect the WiFi with the factory password again. Once I did that, I’m back to my 580 currently logged flights but no update on any data. My last fully logged flights are from May and it’s my first trip to the house in Mexico I’m working on. It’s got all my GPS and everything and shows proper duration etc.. So far, anything post that has no data and those date gaps probably will never be resolved.

Last edited:
So now reading a crash and log thread, I see that the logs are on the card? So when I copied the card over I only took the 100media folder off and then let the Anafi reformat it before the reset. I’m guessing if I had any logs I’m missing, I’ve now deleted them locally from the card. Since this whole server storage thing is kind of confusing, I’m not optimistic I’ll get back any data that’s missing. I doubt I’ll ever deal with Parrot on this drone because I just replace bad crashes with new. This is my second Anafi as my first has a dead motor. I gave up on warranty with drone manufacturers years ago and just fix them myself. Weird that something that worked flawlessly before is so buggy now.

Hello all

Has anyone tried creating / login in with a different account?

Fly safe

Hi all

Just did another 20mn flight with the Anafi after performing Zamzara ´s list of possibilities.
Everything except the app running in the backgound connected to the wifi for about 24hours (will try that next).

For me, it didn´t work so far. I have 123 real flights done, and 84 displaying and not updating.

Will post further developments.

Fly safe.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh