Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Missing flight data

I've had a few, where the log.bin exists in the FDR folder on the SD card but it never arrives as a json file on the app. I've asked Parrot to provide either a program to convert log.bin files, or a spec as to the format of log.bin so I can write one.
Thus far they don't seem to understand the question - they pointed me to ShowAnafiLog, which will show the content of a json log file. I've sent them a sample bin file to try and expand their minds...

Feels like a data link got lost in updates maybe? Since my last working log is pre May update and everything since is missing info. Another weird parrot anomaly is video files time stamp always wrong but the log times are locally correct. Maybe that’s part of the problem? I have not looked at a new video file post all my work this am to see if the time stamp is proper for me here in AZ.

For what it’s worth, back when I switched of IOS, my data migrated no problem and I never had to request it or manage it. I will admit I didn’t keep track last month and did a lot of flying around no internet connected areas but had it also open and running at home in between trips where I do have connection. If it wasn’t for this thread, I might not of given it second thought and now it’s become a quest to fix. Thanks everyone lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Did anyone, who's logging has stopped, try to use a new and empty SD card as I suggested in my post #13?
Just to see, whether read/write oder other problems accessing log.bin possibly cause the problem?

Well this seems strange. Just to add more info I am on Android and my newer phone is a LG G6 with Android 7 and the newest App. It has not missed a beat as for updating my logs. Sometimes I have to wait a while and then they are there. This morning I was out doing some tests with my older Android tablet that has Android 5.7 I believe and cannot be updated any further so it is running the older App as I cannot install the newer one on that tablet. My tablet was hooked up to my phones WiFi hot spot and my log files for that flight also updated shortly afterwards.
As for formating the cards I just delete the files off the card after moving them to my computers hard drive. Hardly ever format the cards.

That’s been normal procedure and until this am, my dedicated Anafi card was straight out of package into drone. I labeled the card the first time I got media into my iMac. I always label my clips then copy over, verify, then trash the files out of the 100 media folder. I never trash the folders nor clear the card, only the media files. Since my Agave plant documentation is over (landscapers cleared it all away in a very undignified death) I will be back flying in less familiar and repeated places so I’d like to get this working again. Tomorrow I’ll go up to my local park and check on the stalks growing up there and see what gets logged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This morning (6/20) I did about 6 short flights with the Parrot Anafi (2 days ago I updated the drone and controller with the latest os releases) and SkyController3 connected to my iPhone.
In the field I checked the 6 videos corresponding to the number of flights performed. Everything was fine.
After I got home and downloaded the data from Parrot to the FlightData Manager I noted that there are only 3 flights logged.
Has anyone had this same issue?

>>>update on 6/23
When checking the log on the FreeFlight App (ios) today I noticed that the log for one of the 3 missing flights is now available. 2 are still missing.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out how to just download a single flight. I select the star in the flight I want and i select "request flight data" from "data confidentiality" and it sends me all my flight in JSON format. I just want the file I selected. The file that is created in the FDR directory on micro ssd chip is a log.bin which does not read into Airdata which I use.

I am sure I must be missing something. Is the flight data stored on tablet in JSON format.

Has anyone figured out how to just download a single flight. I select the star in the flight I want and i select "request flight data" from "data confidentiality" and it sends me all my flight in JSON format. I just want the file I selected. The file that is created in the FDR directory on micro ssd chip is a log.bin which does not read into Airdata which I use.

I am sure I must be missing something. Is the flight data stored on tablet in JSON format.
Tap on the My.Parrot box, then on My Flights.
On the right side you'll find a list of your flights.
Tap on the white upload symbol [^] of a list entry to send yourself the JSON file with your eMail client.

Although this isn't exactly missing flight data, I have been having an issue where the gallery will not show all the most recent flights on the SD card. They are there on the card for download via the USB cable from laptop to the drone, but when the gallery in the app is set to SD card they don't show up.

Anyone else have this issue?

Although this isn't exactly missing flight data, I have been having an issue where the gallery will not show all the most recent flights on the SD card. They are there on the card for download via the USB cable from laptop to the drone, but when the gallery in the app is set to SD card they don't show up.

Anyone else have this issue?
I could never find my flight data in the gallery, but in "My.Parrot - My flights".

I wasn't looking for the flight data, that is always there so far, but the actual video on the SD card to preview or download to the gallery. I liked that feature so I could re-shoot almost immediately if I had a poor shot.
Next I will try deleting everything from the gallery on the app and see it it fixes this.

I
My flights are no longer logged in Freeflight. I am running current firmware.I leave the Anafi and phone(app) powered up for a couple of minutes after each flight,but have not been able to save a flight in the App since April.
Any suggestions ?
I have solved this problem now. I have two Anafi drones. I use same device and same controller fly two drones .The drone with 4 total hours can record the flight log.The drone with 48 hours-flying-time cannot record the flight data. After I reset the drone and calibrate drone,my flight can log in FreeFlight6.
FreeFlight6 6.5.2
Drone 1.5.6
D5B5B1E5-2D9B-43FB-82EF-C69ECC22F479.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456