Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Firmware & Battery Update March 4th 2020 V1.6.5_FF6 V6.6.6

WOW
Never seen this before. Making you do a battery update also.
Each battery needs to be updated. It takes a little while and the battery needs to be plugged into a power supply.
I wonder if this will take care of the sudden power drop some have experienced?

Reactions: ROBANAFI
Hope they fix some of the glitches in 1.6.4 too! So does battery under power mean each battery has to be inserted in the Anafi and powered by a USB cable while the controller is linked to the Anafi?

Since 1.6.4 had issues I'm going to wait a while! ?

Yes for each battery you have just turn off the Anafi, and insert the new battery and turn it on. Plug in the USB-c cable to that battery and it will tell you it needs updating. Do this for each of your batteries.

Yes for each battery you have just turn off the Anafi, and insert the new battery and turn it on. Plug in the USB-c cable to that battery and it will tell you it needs updating. Do this for each of your batteries.
Why is parrot not publishing software version on either the freeflight official website or freeflight 6 googleplay?
It just seems to be true that "updated March 4, 2020"

If I install FF 6.6.6, will it immediately upgrade the drone to 1.6.4 firmware?
If so I stay at 6.6.2.203_FCC (with 1.6.3 FW).

There is an option to cancel. I did not get the update through the FCC mod app, only when I deleted it, and installed it from the Play Store. After setting up the app, it told me to update the drone and the controller. There was an option to cancel the update though. After updating the drone, it'll tell you to update the batteries too.

Edit: As it's nightime in the UK currently, I have no way testing this today. I was planning to go out in the morning to test again.
I was on 1.6.4 before the update with FCC channels available, and still I see all the extra channels like before, even with the updated Freeflight6 app. (not the FCC mod one)

Last edited:
I got a new Thermal from Dronenerds this afternoon. Charg3d everything. Downloaded the app and continued the install. When i turn the drone on it lights up 4 lights and about 5 secs gones off. No gimbel spin, no prop giggle. Yet I hear the fan going. Call the nerds but they were closing. No help. If I call support i know what they say. They don't have phone support for the Thermal. This will be my 4th one and have yet to get off the ground.
Would this new update cause this?

Why is parrot not publishing software version on either the freeflight official website or freeflight 6 googleplay?
It just seems to be true that "updated March 4, 2020"

No new release notes as of yet. All I could find on googleplay was this

"This version enhances the battery level management. "

WOW
Never seen this before. Making you do a battery update also.
Each battery needs to be updated. It takes a little while and the battery needs to be plugged into a power supply.
I wonder if this will take care of the sudden power drop some have experienced?
This can be the way to push all and everyone into the latest software!
If one of the fw's is under this update status, or any of it is "up2date", but people try to get back on others: "sry, update all first"

(Who don't wanna have the best working batteries, huu?)

Last edited:
— EDIT —

For the first time I had to struggle a little for the update process :
For a smooth update you should :

- First download the update
- Connect your Anafi to the wall charger via the USB-C connection.
- Connect your phone to the SkyController and start FF6
- Do the Update (long for this one) by clicking on the drone icon
- Switch off the Anafi, change for other batteries, and re-do the process for your next battery...

———
I did the update process, and it’s the first time the Anafi asks for a direct WiFi connection.(Did not connect my SkyController first)
It did the update after that, said ‘synchronization pending’... then the update starts and stays stuck in the reboot process...
It’s not doing anything for the last 10 minutes... I think I’ll reboot it again and report...

Last edited:
I have done the update, all updated the same was as before - except the new screen asking to update the battery and connect to a power source.

I did mod the 6.6.6.apk for FCC first as I am in the UK. That is still allowing me to select channels 40 / 44 / 48, so that is working ok.

Will start updating all my other batteries.

One big complaint going around in the groups on facebook is you need to have a Wi-Fi connection or you cannot start FF6 in airplane mode. Not much of a problem as you can turn that on after startup but some people use phones without a Sim Card. ?

One big complaint going around in the groups on facebook is you need to have a Wi-Fi connection or you cannot start FF6 in airplane mode. Not much of a problem as you can turn that on after startup but some people use phones without a Sim Card. ?

Thank for stating this - I thought I was going mad!!!

It is a bug, it keeps doing the Data Synchronzation on every startup. It is downloading 250MB of data everytime it starts, and it will not continue if there is no internet connection.

I will go back to 6.6.5 till they resolve it.

Last edited:
Thank for stating this - I thought I was going mad!!!

It is a bug, it keeps doing the Data Synchronzation on every startup. It is downloading 250MB of data everytime it starts, and it will not continue if there is no internet connection.

I will go back to 6.6.5 till they resolve it.
A good test, if the new fw on batt and bird work with an older app

Is there any way to reset a stuck drone Thermal? Brand new, got it yesterday from Dronenerds. After doing the set up and turning it on, a few lights then it does nothing. No gimbel or prop movement' Updated and it is on V1.6.3.

I can hear the fan. Pushed the power down for 30 sec or more and does not reset. Loaded the card in reader and it shows videos but the Gimbel does not move or reset. Unloaded app and refreshed. Put the battery on charger and it lights up then stops after about 30 secs. No wifi.

I hate to say it:
But are you sure, you got 4 broken or stolen birds in a row?
I just think that the odds for that are really, really little.

Are you playing lotto or betting on football?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante