Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Firmware & Battery Update March 4th 2020 V1.6.5_FF6 V6.6.6

I am in CE country and updated to1.65.

I am still locked out of FCC channels. Tried all the usual mods Inc FakeGPS.
Yes we know your case ... I'm really sorry that 1.6.5 didn't solve it either.
Did you use Fake GPS or foil ... etc when updating 1.6.5?

Me too I am in CE country and updated all latest firmware. I am still locked out of FCC channels without mod, without fake gps. After 1.6.4 that I used fake gps locked for ever the FCC channels and I don't need anymore the fake gps, I hope.

Me too I am in CE country and updated all latest firmware. I am still locked out of FCC channels without mod, without fake gps. After 1.6.4 that I used fake gps locked for ever the FCC channels and I don't need anymore the fake gps, I hope.
It's not understandable to me.
Which firmware is currently available. Do you see FCC channels with firmware 1.6.5?

The synchronisation problem has been fixed! ?
About 5 minutes ago Google Play Store were showing a new update that ....... and fixes the synchronisation problem . . . . #
I updated.
Switched on and FreeFlight 6 opened as it had always done in the past!
Nothing else had to be updated. The batteries had already been updated by the previous "bug" version, and did not ask to be updated again.
It seems that my patience has paid off.
Not bad, around 36 hours after sending in a complaint to Google and Parrot the bug was fixed!
Regards
Douglas

PS. Now daytime here - but it is raining! No test flight today.

Last edited:
Reactions: MustangPhil
Yes we know your case ... I'm really sorry that 1.6.5 didn't solve it either.
Did you use Fake GPS or foil ... etc when updating 1.6.5?

Yes I tried FakeGPS and again even though the FF6 map showed me in USA, as did Google Maps on the tablet, unfortunately flight wise, I only had CE Channels.

Even tried the "Tin Foil Hat" method, again no joy. So it would seem that its 1.64 that has caused all the issues and locked me to where I am.

No other way of checking if it would move to FCC if I were in a FCC country, other than be in one of those countries. :-(

After I re-applied the 6.6.6 correction this morning, I no longer have the request for an internet connection and no more message ‘Synchronization pending’ on startup...

I just noticed the following :

- On my Android Phone, to be able to download the last-last version, I had to delete the previous FF6.6.6, clear the cache, reboot my phone, then download FF6 and install.
It is stil 6.6.6 but has no longer a synchronization message, so I guess it’s the last version... Hope this helps if you struggle installing the 6.6.6 dated 6th of March (the number of the beast ?)
- As I had to reinstall the App, I have re-setup all my options, including the Ev trigger instead of the Zoom function. When tested on Android, you can increase the Ev with the trigger, but when at max Ev, when you decrease the Ev values with the same trigger, you still have the ‘Maximum Zoom reached’ message with the buzzing sound of the phone alert. Annoying bug, but now known... This bug is not present on the iOS version on my iPad Mini 4... if anyone at Parrot reads this, it’s easy to reproduce the bug and correct it ?

FF6 android version 6.6.6 needed synchronization at start up. Parrot put a patched version in play store. This version resolves the sync issue. Just install the latest update.

Yes I tried FakeGPS and again even though the FF6 map showed me in USA, as did Google Maps on the tablet, unfortunately flight wise, I only had CE Channels.

Even tried the "Tin Foil Hat" method, again no joy. So it would seem that its 1.64 that has caused all the issues and locked me to where I am.

No other way of checking if it would move to FCC if I were in a FCC country, other than be in one of those countries. :-(

Did anyone try the FCC mod on iOS with latest Anafi firmware?

Yep also tried on IOS running latest firmware. Tried it "as is" and with Fake Location, and everything showed me in the middle of Kansas, including the FF6 map on IOS.

Interesting thing I have discovered through the opportunity to use a piece of software that tells me far more than the FF6 applicaiton.

The drone seems to be locked into "FR" even though I am GB.

The options in the software are:

• DE (Germany)
  • GB (United Kingdom)
  • FR (home of the Parrot)
  • NZ (New Zealand)
regardless which I swap to, it always pushes itself back to FR. So will not take this up with Parrot

Updates done.
FF6 in 6.6.6 on my Android phone,
FW 1.6.5 for my Anafi and all my three batteries are now upgraded.
FCC channels are still visible, here in France.
I won’t fly today. I’ll do a fly test later.

I took my drone out yesterday after updating all my batteries. Might or might not be related to the new update, but it just shut down mid flight and crashed on the ground. Flight log doesn't show any drop in altitude, speed or battery (of which it had plenty left - about 85%).

So everyone should be extra careful on the first few flights with the new update.

Cheers.

I took my drone out yesterday after updating all my batteries. Might or might not be related to the new update, but it just shut down mid flight and crashed on the ground. Flight log doesn't show any drop in altitude, speed or battery (of which it had plenty left - about 85%).

So everyone should be extra careful on the first few flights with the new update.

Cheers.
You already had a similar problem. Couldn't your drone or battery be defective?

You already had a similar problem. Couldn't your drone or battery be defective?

I didn't understand your reply. This is the first problem of this kind I've ever had. It happened in this first flight after the update.

So, anyone could fly safely with all the latest updates ? I wanted to be cautious and wait a few days before updating, but the app wouldn't let me fly today, if I didn't update the drone ! Flight went fine, but I only updated the battery after coming home, now I'm anxious...

And I did nothing to update the app, except connecting the phone to my wifi network yesterday, no googleplay download, nothing.

I didn't understand your reply. This is the first problem of this kind I've ever had. It happened in this first flight after the update.
Has posted a comment about the battery's sudden exhaustion. At low charge, the drone suddenly fell to the ground ...

This actually happened to me yesterday as well.
My battery percentage got really low I was only about 2ft from the ground manually returning home and it nose dived into the ground, I didn't get any forced return to home at any stage but I don't know how the anafi does the return to home when battery percentage is low.
I'm not actually sure what version I was on when this happened as I just got the anafi yesterday and when I got home I updated the android app and it forced an update to controller, drone & two batteries.

There are so many reported incidents of this exact type that it bears repeating often: NEVER let the battery get below 15% before landing under YOUR control!!!

20% is my personal limit because I really don't want mine to crash with the attendant damage. I don't trust the automatic landing on low battery anymore AT ALL! :mad:

I do trust the RTH because I have used it without issues many times, but NOT at low battery percentages. I always hit it manually before 20%.

Reactions: Athlon21 and dkokki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae