Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Apps Out With Panos And precision landing

I have no video feed after the update! Very frustrating since I was going to take my second flight today. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing. Starting to wish I would have gone with the Autel Evo.

Nice Pano. Thanks for posting. I agree, Parrot should provide a new file folder for each Pano. If you take a bunch of Pano's during a flight, it will be tiresome to sort them out for the stitching process. Maybe in a future update. Are you on Android or IOS? Looks like you used the horizontal pano mode - did you try any of the others? Did you have hdr on? Did you try a RTH with the new precision landing capability?
iOS, no didn't have time to test others, HDR was off. I hand catch and fly out of a tight space so no testing of precision landing.

I normally hand catch by hovering in, put out a hand, press landing button, it drops into my hand, I raise hand slightly and it shuts down.

This time I'd read about using the left stick full down to land, I use that method with my DJI birds and they settle into my hand and shut down after 3 seconds. I tried this with Anafi and it would not shut down, I then grabbed it, the fight began. I then pressed the land button and raised and lowered my hand and it shut down. I don't like the 90 degree roll to kill it but Parrot needs to work on the hand landing shutdown, it's feisty!

Just tried an indoor flight after update, pano works only when in flight, black screen problem though as mentioned by others. Huawei P10 Android.

As I mentioned before, my video feed came back after resetting drone, deleting FF6 data AND rebooting Smartphone. Pls. test!

Well, I went out and tried the new Pano modes on the Anafi. I have a Huawei Mediapad m5 tablet, with Android 8.0. Had the same problem as many others when connecting, no video on the screen. Unplugged usb cable and plugged it back in and everything worked. Proceeded to take off and everything seemed normal. The Pano mode was not in my menu system prior to take off, but once in the air, it appeared in the menu. Had three options under Pano - Horizontal, Vertical and 360. Not sure where the Tunnel and Little Planet options are - could not find them. So I proceeded to try each of the three Pano modes, some a couple of times. Oddly, the screen goes to black and white during the time when the pano photos are being taken. When I switched back to video, the screen froze with just grey on it. Luckily I was within visuals site and flew the drone back visually. By the time I was 100 feet from my position, the screen came back and then I noticed a SD Card Error - first one I ever had. I had wanted to try a RTH to try out the precision landing option, but this app update seemed pretty buggy and I did not want to chance it. Transferred the SD card contents to my computer. Here is the problem - all of the pano photos are in one file folder in the order they are taken. There are over 100 of them. I probably did 6 or 7 panos, but figuring out where the photos from one ends and where the photos for the next one begins is a bit difficult. Parrot needs to rectify this as it is easy to take multiple panos when you are flying. My opinion, this app update, especially for Android, needs a lot of work. Here is a horizontal pano I took this afternoon - it is ok, but the DJI panos I have taken seem to be higher quality and have more refinement. Work in progress for Parrot. Pano 1s (Large).jpg

Hello and greetings from Finland! Was reading here with the problems that people had before testing it out myself. Using an android phone, Honor 8, everything worked nicely. Installed the update, restarted my phone just in case and went for a flight. Shot couple of panos and came home to see how it goes from there. Found out that stitching can be done in the Freeflight-app and you can use the photos for every 360 option from there. Here is examples for the "tiny planet" and "tunnel" option. Edited slightly in Lightroom. I`m happy with this update. Just disappointed with the weather, the grey sky is not working very well with these :D

generated_10000293_TINY_PLANET_HQ.jpg

View attachment generated_10000293_TUNNEL_HQ.jpg

Hello and greetings from Finland! Was reading here with the problems that people had before testing it out myself. Using an android phone, Honor 8, everything worked nicely. Installed the update, restarted my phone just in case and went for a flight. Shot couple of panos and came home to see how it goes from there. Found out that stitching can be done in the Freeflight-app and you can use the photos for every 360 option from there. Here is examples for the "tiny planet" and "tunnel" option. Edited slightly in Lightroom. I`m happy with this update. Just disappointed with the weather, the grey sky is not working very well with these :D

View attachment 608

View attachment 614
Thanks for your update.
Then I can't find stitching menu. where can I find it?

Just tried my 3 devices with the Anafi after the update of firmware and application to the device, results were:

iPhone 7 Plus - Full video feed from the second everything was up and running
Huawei XT2 - Again full video feed from the second everything kicked in
Nexus 7 (2013) - No video feed, just black screen, numerous cables tried, plus full reboots and still remains black screen only.

On the Nexus - Uninstalled the application - Rebooted - Reinstalled the application - Still no video, just black screen :cry:

Just tried my 3 devices with the Anafi after the update of firmware and application to the device, results were:

Nexus 7 (2013) - No video feed, just black screen, numerous cables tried, plus full reboots and still remains black screen only.

On the Nexus - Uninstalled the application - Rebooted - Reinstalled the application - Still no video, just black screen :cry:

Sorry but your Nexus has to few horsepower under the hood to run Freeflight 6. It is a phone that belongs to the past.

Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) - Full tablet specifications

Regards Leif.

Probably like me :cry:......

Yes just been doing plenty of searches and just came to the same conclusion, which is a shame as its a great tablet, perfect size and awesome screen..... I guess i am just going to load it with films and use it for that whilst travelling.

I also have the iPad Mini 4, but to be honest not even considered it as I dont like the way FF6 looks on it. So I guess its either buy something else or stick to the iPhone 7 Plus.

thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

Reactions: Landbo
Last edited:

Try removing app data/cache:
How (and when) to clear app cache or data on Android

Thanks, did that as part of the removal/reinstall process, but still no joy. Think I have to resign myself to the fact that the Nexus 7 (2013) has had its day, although it will be still used with my Mavic Pro, where it functions great.

Your links are showing:

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up