Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Bluegrass will not power on

IronSky1

Reaction score
Has anyone had expiereince trouble shooting Bluegrass?
I have a new Bluegrass Fields that will not power on . Checked batteries they are at 16.7v . The unit was sealed in box and new just cannot get it to power on. I have been hesitant to open up. I opened case with Parrot however no response been a week now.

Any help would be apprecieated.

Given the cost of these, and the fact that its new, I would now be shouting at Parrot for support and quickly. Definitely would not be tempted to do anything out of the norm....... Be interested to see what the outcome is..... Good luck

Agreed. Unfortunately this "Pro" product is supported from France and I am at 7 days and waiting for a response. Very frustrating.

Ah not good..... what a total pain, will be so frustrating for you.

I presume the actual drone just doesn't power on at all and shows no sign of life. have you checked the contacts between battery and the drone..... I dont know the exact setup, but I do know that with these things if they are not a perfect fit you get an air gap and not contact between the two parts, giving a dead device

If you have a multimeter, might be worth just checking that the battery is pushing power out

I checked all 3 batteries and they are in spec . I will clean contacts good point . I bought new on Ebay from a guy who use these for work this was spare (he has 3) and unopened complete seals inplace. What a pain.

I cannot beleive Parrot leaves there customers hang like this. Three years ago they were first class now I would notgive them a rating. I have had 3 BB2 1BBTheramal 1 Disco and on my 5th Anafi . The main reason I still by from them is they have good overall software/system intigration . This may be the end for me. I would hate to see this market taken over by DJI. (I own a Mavc 2 and INspire) there service great when you pay for it otherwise it horrible in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20191025_120224.jpg
    20191025_120224.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191025_120238.jpg
    20191025_120238.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 6
Yes Parrot had the opportunity to do something special, but their backup and support are getting worse than DJI and thats saying something.

I have the Mavic Pro, but flown very little (as is the Anafi), liking the look of the Skydio 2, I have my name down for the 2nd batch. At the moment their support team seem to really have their finger on the pulse and answering emails very quick, but you never know whats going to happen once they have a sizeable amount of customers.

Bluegrass 'aint cheap, so would expect a Professional service from Parrot, even possibly a totally seperate support system for the Professional users, after all this was aimed at Farmers and Firemen!!!!.

The guy on ebay you purchased it from, did he have a good rating? How long had he had it? last thing you want is Parrot saying its out of support as that one was purchased "x" years ago.

Personally, if I was in your position now having forked out a decent wedge of money, with not getting a decent response from Parrot, I would now be onto eBay and get it returned. Hopefully you paid via Paypal, at least that would be an option if the seller wont play ball and accept the return as faulty.

Would definitely pinout the battery with a multimeter.

The seller has been responsive so far. I gave then until Tuesday AM to do one of the follow:

1-Seller should send the defect back to Parrot if bought direct ( I will still buy if fixed)
2-Find a third party that can troubleshoot (however this will void warranty)
3-Accept return item as DOA for refund

Yes this has all been recorded with Ebay 5 days ago today last day before I escalate.

Well aware with Ebay issue been there for almost 20 years and have had several escalations of this type. My concern is exactly what you said because this was bought on Ebay we (Parrot) cannot accept the failure.

This is the most suicidal business plan I have ever heard of. I would hope they get there business model togather or they will be the Deloren of drones.

Thanks for your feedback

I had to send back to seller after 30 days. The day I did this Parrot Pro Products responded after 28 days No thanks

I’m having a similar problem myself after getting it from a friend. Parrot hasn’t responded, but their website says to get in touch with distributor. DroneNerds is the only distributor in the US and says get in touch with Parrot (not to mention the fact that DroneNerds is the group that tried to sell me a Bluegrass before I got mine, knowing they were no longer supported by parrot). Not impressed with either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut