Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Warranty claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh
Spoke with Sam and the technical team is "still looking into the matter".It has been delayed in that the equipment used to diagnose the problem I encountered is "down for maintenance." (What?The guy took his laptop on vacation?)
I have requested that the "Manager"phone me back as this matter has been on-going since Aug 26-27 with no results yet.And with the same canned reply everytime I inquire.
I can not believe how Parrot operates. Pity anyone who requests help from them.
On the plus side, I am like a friggin' pitbull .Once I sink my teeth in,I won't release until I AM READY...
Seriously looking at my alternatives in the marketplace,as I am sure Parrot has the WORST customer service I have EVER experienced.

After being assured that a "supervisor will call you within 24-48 hours",48 has come and gone.The staff member I talked to today was convinced that within 48 hours includes today as well.
Scary that basic math isn't basic,and we with Anafi woes rest our fate in their hands.For what it is worth,I was told today that I had his personal guarantee (lolol)that I would get a call from the "supervisor" before 5:00 PST.
This,folks,is who you spent good money with...

Last edited:
5:00 came and went.You guessed it...no call.
So I called Bestbuy Canada and asked how they sell a product with no warranty in Canada.No shipping to Canada...etc.
I have been given a case# with Bestbuy and the matter has been escalated...all I can do is try....
FINALLY sidestepped the receptionist,Associate Lead and Team Lead etc.and was successful in getting the managers's name for the local Bestbuy and hope to meet up with him tomorrow as he will be in.....the pessimist in me is screaming "NOT A CHANCE!"
Wow.Warranty ,or lack of ,can be exhausting.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Parrot service or horrible. They could have a tremendous market but their service keeps them from the pro market.

Prior to going to Bestbuy,I called Bestbuy.ca and spoke with them about this ongoing problem and lack of warranty in Canada.They created a "ticket" to expedite the matter....
Parrot this morning apologised when I called them and explained I had 2 prior call back requests with no call back.
His manager WILL call me as today as they have had software issues on their diagnostics and have been busy in meetings..
I wonder if they installed some of their own beta software...
Off to Bestbuy later today....

I have been exchanging emails back and forth about my In App Purchases being locked out and no way to restore them. First response back they told me it was Google Plays problem and not theirs. By this time Parrot had already posted on Google Play that they new of the problem and that they were working on it.

Thank you for contacting Parrot customer support, we appreciate your time.

Please note that in regards to the in-app purchases, we urge you to refer back to the application store to restore your features.

This is when I sent off this return email.

Hello Joey S

Let me give you a little lesson on the products you are suppose to be supporting. For one thing Google Play will not do a dam thing to reset the in App Purchases. For another thing your Parrot support on Google Play finally answered me with this statement.
"Parrot SADecember 12, 2018
Hello, We are aware of the issue and currently working on it. Kindly extend your patience and stay tuned. Best Regards, Parrot Community Support"

You guys really need to get your act together.

This morning I received this back from Joey S

Please provide us with the order number of the in-app purchases to proceed.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Best Regards,
Joey.S
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
1 (877) 972-7768

So I sent off that info this morning.
I am guessing this will go on for another week or so, until one of us blinks and says screw it. :)

Spoke with local Bestbuy manager.He called Parrot on my behalf,asked why it was taking so long,and told me that they will email me a letter to bring into the store for a local exchange upon warranty acceptance by Parrot.
Wasn't expecting that level of customer service.Wow.
Now I wait for the Parrot supervisor to call me back so I can get this matter dealt with...

This has been quite the ride.And it continues.

Jacob from Parrot Operations called and left a message apologising for the delay.
" Parrot stopped shipping to Canada due to "operation decisions"in January."
"The delay has been due to maintenance on their servers.We are presently waiting for the servers to come back on line"
Once they are able to analyze the data I submitted they will be contacting me to finalize my ship to address in the U.S. as Bestbuy will not be able to exchange at store level.(Obviously did not read the notes on my file stating that my local Bestbuy manager called and will replace at store level when they send me the letter asking him to...)
"Sorry for the delay"

What world does Parrot exist on ?
Is there ANY intelligence within that company?

• Wow
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Jacob from Parrot Operations called and left a message apologising for the delay.
" Parrot stopped shipping to Canada due to "operation decisions"in January."
"The delay has been due to maintenance on their servers.We are presently waiting for the servers to come back on line"
Once they are able to analyze the data I submitted they will be contacting me to finalize my ship to address in the U.S. as Bestbuy will not be able to exchange at store level.(Obviously did not read the notes on my file stating that my local Bestbuy manager called and will replace at store level when they send me the letter asking him to...)
"Sorry for the delay"

What world does Parrot exist on ?
Is there ANY intelligence within that company?
None at all.

Spoke with the U.S.Parrot call center just now wanting to know why no option is mentioned in my file concerning the replacement of the Anafi at store level as requested by our local store manager.
After listening once again to all of Parrot's canned responses,and the fact that I "must be present during such a call to verify your identity"(even though the store manager gave my name and case number),the person I spoke with put me on hold and came back with the news that the exchange will be done at store level locally if approved as a warranty claim.
"We are experiencing heavier than normal call volumes and thank you for your patience .The investigation team has told me that any investigations in line now should be resolved by next Friday at the latest.Please call me next Friday if you do not receive an email from us by then."........

The excus they used when mine was getting exchanged was they were moving warehouses and it would ship soon. Of course after that was they cannot ship to Canada anymore.
One lie after another with that company.
Over 48 days to get mine resolved.

As Mentioned earlier,they are only reading off their teleprompters.Heck,people who run countries do that.But the urge to "crack a coconut" sometimes pops up.
I like remaining calm and logical.THAT gets them agitated at times,whether it is Parrot or any other company.
I know what it's like.I was in management for a number of years,and you gave your front-end people guidelines to follow.When the customer became abusive,barriers went up.The calls that required finesse and stretching the customer services boundaries remained in management's hands.I get that.Where it changes for Canadian's is that we are further hobbled in that there is "no shipping to Canada".
The game continues..

Last edited:
As of this morning Parrot is still waiting for their"software servers which determine causes of crashes or complete loss to come back on line"
Wow

Lol.Rolling a boulder uphill for eternity must feel close,except you are accomplishing something...
Where I differ,is that Sisyphus' believed that his cleverness surpassed that of Zeus himself.I KNOW my dog is smarter than Parrot.And I push the boulder because Parrot is completely inept and a total failure in their customer service.
Figured I would help Parrot out a bit so I "hovered" near the Anafi display and told anyone that even looked at the Anafi to consider DJI instead as there is a very good service center in Calgary.Think that will be my next choice.
Definetly not Parrot.

Spoke with Victor today and he apologized that I hadn't received a reply yet."The maintenance servers are experiencing technical difficulties,and once they are re-booted the technical Team will take a look at your case which has been expedited.Please accept our apology as there has been a lot of customers affected. You will be notified by the technical team within the next 1-5 business days with their findings...
Thank you for calling Parrot and have a nice day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae