Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi overlay

It is interesting that the speed on the gauge remains at 0 whilst you are climbing vertically and only increases when you start to move forward. Therefore it may read less than FF6 reports if FF6 takes into account both the horizontal and vertical velocities.
I see what you mean but at the same height there is a difference in speed! What Freeflight shows is more than what the Anafi template's original speedometer shows. Also for horizontal travel, vertical travel and mixed travel.
If I replace it with a Parrot disco speedometer, it is about accurate (FF6 m/s x 3.6 = disco speedometer)

Last edited:
I use this overlay in Dashware. I prefer Dashware over VIRB edit.
Same video I posted yesterday but I layed out the data on this one. Right from my back yard and back.
The editor may be better, but this template is too colorful and very inconsistent for me. All data is displayed differently. Numbers, analog clock, graph, pictogram and circle everywhere ...
I like the Virb Anafi 10 template better. Below is all the uniform look, speed and height (key values) of analog and digital at the same time, not too colored (but it can be).
The only problem is the inaccurate speed, but it can be solved by changing the speed indicator.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I started out back in 2015 using Dashware so I am very used to using it. Probably why I prefer it. I started using RaceRender for a while. Although its another good program for overlays I still liked Dashware over it. It was not until 2018 when I bought my first Parrot product (Anafi) that I found Virbedit. Its ok but very limited to me.
You can set up Dashware any way you want, this one I just found but I have many others.

I will have to check to see if I can adjust the speed gauge to match the actual speed in Dashware. There might be a plus or minus option .

Unfortunately, another unusual thing in the Virb Anafi template (or Flightdata manager).
The vertical and horizontal distances are handled separately by the drone software and Freeflight 6.
Unfortunately, the Anafi template also shows the vertical distance where it is horizontal and adds the two.
Here's a video where I only climb vertically and the distance could be up to 1-3 m, but shows the vertical height (of course this is also the distance, but for that there is the altimeter!)
Video already has anafi characteristic color anomaly corrected ... (with Grassvalley edius 8) Anafi camera weakness (color anomaly)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BVJR