Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"Photo Of The Day"

nUqQG5d.jpg

Not a spectacular picture but a bit of culture... Visible are the remnants of former Fort Hendrik (NL). Fascinating to stand on the same soil as people have done 400 years ago. A bird protection organization takes care of it now and has improved it significantly. The buildings inside have been gone long ago.... The fort was built to prevent further attacks from French, Belgian and Austrian troops.

Attachments

• P3480846.jpg
    P3480846.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 13
1586090041554.png

I actually managed a 10 minute flight yesterday morning! Up at 5am for an early morning bike ride(daily exercise is allowed during lockdown) and i didnt see a single person. This is the River Mersey with the Manchester Ship Canal on the right, i took off from a stretch of woods called booston woods that is next to the canal. the size of the ships coming down the canal is quite impressive.........

1586090342981.png

I like that. It reminds me of an enjoyable holiday we spent in the Netherlands many years ago. I also remember that the scent from some of the flowers, hyacinths mainly, was almost overpowering when you got out of the car.

True Liger, the tulips don't do a lot but hyacinths are smelly! The entire area will be covered ;)

You have some hotspots for flowers in NL - this one is taken in the Prov. of Zeeland, South of NL. Those farmers are probable the only ones enjoying Corona-time. At normal times their fields are being trampled by tourists! Especially Chinese tourists enter the fields in large numbers making the farmers mad. They don't mind a drone ;-)

Reactions: Zigzag84
Well that looks challenging Rob :unsure: But I see some stretched out tidal zone - that one looks familiar to what I encounter here...

But the tidal zone is a no-go too, right?! Perhaps the rules change with Brexit and you have free flight. No EU restrictions! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
falcon_up