Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post any problems with Parrot Anafi FPV immersive here

Hi there

It is confirmed. The app is one and only with all the features.
Tested on iphone 8.
I have an original Anafi with the updated app + cheap vrbox goggles.
Will try the bebop2 goggles (slim ones).

Seems to work fine.

Fly safe

FF6 6.6.0 is available for iOS with the FPV features, it was uploaded about 15hrs ago to the Apple Store. I don’t have an iPhone so can’t check it out.

Regards

Nidge

wonder how the new firmware release will affect us that is already using the 1.6.1-rc2 ???
Temevo che fosse solo il mio ad avere 1.6.1-rc2

I was afraid it was just mine to have 1.6.1-rc2

Attachments

• _20190903_094607.JPG
    _20190903_094607.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I could not take off from the ground with my first Anafi. I could hand launch no problem but ground launches it would only bounce up and down until the motors stopped. Thought maybe my older Anafi finally had a sensor problem from last winters crash. Tried hard resetting and nothing helped. Today I see another fellow on the Parrot Facebook page having the same problem. Be care with this new firmware as it is buggy.

Yesterday I could not take off from the ground with my first Anafi. I could hand launch no problem but ground launches it would only bounce up and down until the motors stopped. Thought maybe my older Anafi finally had a sensor problem from last winters crash. Tried hard resetting and nothing helped. Today I see another fellow on the Parrot Facebook page having the same problem. Be care with this new firmware as it is buggy.
No problem for me i tested indoor (without gps only sensors)and take off and landing perfect and more stable in hovering than old firmware without gps.

Ya one of my Anafi flies perfect but the other will only hand launch.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Maybe new firmware is more precise with sensors but if the sensors is not in good state become buggy...
I found 2 bugs in application freeflight 6.6.0:
If i try to open a image or panorama in gallery the application crash no problem on drone sdcard.
The minimap google in the hud it becomes darker when the drone is connected. Tested with my galaxy s7 and 8.0 oreo.

I have FF6 v.6.6.0 software version 1.6.1-rc2, everything is ok except RESTORE PURCHASE, but I don't know if it's the right version that must have. I think that I can't restore firmware to 1.6.1. My 4-5 flights that I have with these versions it seems well.

I have FF6 v.6.6.0 software version 1.6.1-rc2, everything is ok except RESTORE PURCHASE, but I don't know if it's the right version that must have. I think that I can't restore firmware to 1.6.1. My 4-5 flights that I have with these versions it seems well.
1.61 anafi firmware is not avaible monday parrot put 1.60 to anafi dated 13 august. The 1.61rc2 is 28 august i thing the final will be avaible at middle of september.

I keep it, because I can't put the 1.60 firmware from 1.6.1-rc2 and yes I think too, that 1.6.1-rc2 will be available soon, maybe like 1.6.2.

For those wanting the Parrot Goggles version 2, collapsible with a top mounted capacitive button, but don’t want to pay Parrot money then search for “Vizor Go” and/or “Ritech VRGO”.

These seem to be identical to the Parrot collapsible goggle (V2). I’ve just ordered a new set off eBay for just over £10, including shipping. They should be here in 2 to 3 days and more convenient than my the headset that came with my Disco as they’ll fold up and fit in my existing Anafi carrying case.

Regards

Nidge.

Can you take a photo of how the capacitive button works? I want to know whether they could be retrofitted to other goggles.

When you press the button a small arm comes out and presses the screen between the 2 pictures when in fpv move
If you start fpv mode and just tap with your finger between the2 pictures near the top of the screen you get the same result

I may be late to the party but both Flight Plan and Follow Me modes that I purchased in June'2019 are working just fine.

I'm on Android 7.1.1.

Mine works fine with a cheap goggle :

I made the 2 buttons (see the DIY thread on this subject), but I face two little problems or ‘questions’ :

- In the FPV ‘complete’ HUD screen, we do not have the Shutter Speed / ISO values... that would be great for photographers to know the photo-settings.
- In the FPV view, we can see over-exposed zebra zones (great), but I do not have the histogram (I know it would be a lot on the screen but please... add the histogram as we now have the Tv/Expo trigger on the SkyController... this addition would make sense...
- I really don’t understand the ‘radar’ feature : when the drone was flying next to me, depending on where I point the antenna of the SC3, there is a heading indication and a color indication red/orange/green that changes depending on the drone position... but in fact it doesn’t point the drone position for me (more than 45° left). It may be because I tested it too close to me (and near a glass table and my house that may reflect the WiFi signal... will test the radar in ‘real conditions’ but can you test it and report here ?)
- Sometimes, my screen comes back to ‘see through’ function when I do not touch my custom made button... but it may be my DIY button that needs some tweaking...

———
For the histogram in FPV view, I can see a mini-histogram in the setting menu at a he very bottom... please add it in the VR flight view.
I read in the parrot.com pages dedicated to the VR flights that ‘photographers can set parameters such as Zebra (ok we have it) or image histogram (where is it ??, we can see it in the deep end of the camera setting and it’s ‘live’... well please, put it on the screen !)’

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratmir
BCC997BD-EF76-41F1-943C-C41AED91B718.jpeg
It’s not ‘that easy’ to access all that with a button, scrolling with the sticks...
Please make it an option on the screen with a little info on the shutter speed and the ISO.
And as we are not far from Christmas, shall I add a request for the ‘DNG Only’ option ?
Thanks in advance...

——
Edit : ... we love you anyway and thanks for the FPV options !

During my last test flight, I also met the following bug :

- In camera setting, Losless zoom option is set to ‘Yes’
- In Controls, the Ev trigger is set instead of the zoom with the SC3
- When changing expo in flight, you get the buzzing message ‘Lossless maximum zoom reached’... but you are only triggering the Expo (no zoom involved).

I also remarked that my photo settings (such as set 100 ISO as a fixed value) is not maintained after the flight. You still have to navigate to the advanced setting and change it manually after each flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut