Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post any problems with Parrot Anafi FPV immersive here

Thank you, interesting thought but I can't achieve what you suggest.

When I lock the orientation of the phone, it forces it in portrait mode inside apps that support both orientations, which is logical. The home screen for example only exists in portrait so locking it in landscape would not work. FF6 only works in landscape and screen locking does not affect it.
I tried all permutations (initial locking orientation, opened app when locking or quitting FF6 before any test...) to no avail.

Seems to me like the iPhone 11 is not recognised yet and that the software correctly centers the image but uses a "default" dimension for the display instead of using the full viewport... My guess is their default is the screen resolution of an iPhone4 (the first retina). Why people code like this is beyond me...

let screenBounds = UIScreen.main.bounds
let screen_width = screenBounds.width
let screen_height = screenBounds.height
let screenScale = UIScreen.main.scale

Is not that complicated :)

Ok I see.

I’m just confused about your phrase ‘the home screen only exists in portait’ (on both my Android phone and my iOS iPad mini 4, the start screens and first menu screens are only in landscape mode as the whole software... do you confirm it starts in portrait mode ?).
But it won’t change anything, you did the test I was mentioning... and it did not solve your problem.

I also agree with the code that must lack getting real X and Y resolution of the actual device.. I guess if they do not do it... there must be a reason ...
Hope they take this into account... (I know some of their teams do read this threads...)

The home screen is the screen with all the apps. It is the OS home screen, not inside FF. Unlike on a tablet, this screen only exists in portrait.

No matter the initial conditions (lock, orientation, ...), FF only runs in landscape mode. The FPV mode is also in landscape mode (see my screenshot) but the views are not at the proper scale.

I read your suggestion as "could the FPV mode run based on some external setting or condition not seen in the rest of FF6 app?" Was it your idea?

Yes that was my initial thought, mainly the FPV new addition that is like ‘coded by an other team’ that would not be aware of all the ‘delights’ of what’s happening in the main screen and with all the variables settin

For example, if you choose in the main screen Settings such as ‘Lossless zoom only’ and the new setting option ‘replace the zoom trigger by an Ev trigger’, when in FPV, there will be an alert regarding the lossless zoom even if your are triggering the Ev button.

There must be thousands of variables in the app...

Reactions: phitar
The issue is definitely related to the iPhone 11 (Pro in my case) and not related to iOS13 (which is the default system the iPhone 11 was shipped).
I meanwhile updated my iPhone X to iOS 13 and it does not show the issue in FPV mode. On Parrot's site the iPhone 11 is not listed as a compatible device. I initially thought that the page simply has not updated yet but probably they didn't list the iPhone 11 on purpose.
As the screen resolution has not changed between the iPhone XS (which is listed as compatible) and the iPhone 11 Pro, it indeed could be as Phitar speculated, that Freeflight has no data for the iPhone 11 properties entered and thus uses wrong default values.

Reactions: phitar
I have the same problem (FPV display is vignette) and opened a ticket with Parrot. The person I spoke with had no idea so I am guessing it hasn't bubble up to their support people...

You can call you lucky that you got a response from Parrot support. I've only got a reply from a bot that someone would try to contact me within 48 hours which never happened. :-(

Quick update: I called again Parrot's support today after 9 days of waiting (I was promised a 48h turnaround).
I am French, calling a French number (in Paris) and talk to a person only able to speak English (I asked but they are not allowed to say where they are located). The number is +33 148036069 for those who wish to talk to an English speaking person.
No updates, no news, the problem does not seem to be registered in what the tech support people have access to.
Basically all I got was a promise to get back to me after another "urgent" request has been sent to the head office and forwarded to the developer (external?)

Reactions: Philou and Ratmir
Thanks for the update. I indeed prefer to talk in English as I do not speak French. ;-) To put more pressure to the case I called the French number and talked to the support guy. FYI he referred to himself as Parrot Support UK.
He admitted that the iPhone 11 is not fully compatible with Freeflight 6.5 and software engineers should be working to make it compatible. He mentioned, that the iPhone X wasn't compatible with Freeflight as well at the time the iPhone X was released. He suggested keeping the iPhone X until iPhone 11 becomes fully supported.
Two things learned from that story:
1.) Parrot support at least for Europe seems to be relocated to UK. Thus it might be beneficial to send any requests in English despite the language you see when visiting the Parrot website.
2.) We have to wait for another update of Freeflight 6 that hopefully will list compatibility with the iPhone 11.

Reactions: phitar and Ratmir
Had my first FPV flight around the back yard this afternoon. Very different experience. Did notice that the Film mode defaulted to 30fps instead of my set 25fps. Could not see how to change while in FPV. Would have thought it would replicate what is in the main app. Thoughts?

In the FreeFlight6 update from last week FPV still doesn't work with the iPhone 11. How can they sell their FPV Version when it doesn't work with the current iPhone?
Customer support is already close to non existent and software development seems to go the same path. Wonder how long Parrot can stay in the market with this attitude. Sad as I like my Anafi and prefer it to my noisy Mavic Air.

Reactions: Philou
Never been a fan of Apple, but each to their own. Parrots official supported list for Apple is:

The iOS and Android devices composing the following (non-comprehensive) list have been extensively tested by Parrot staff, and are fully compatible with ANAFI Thermal and FreeFlight 6.5. More devices will be added as they are tested and validated by our staff.

Phones

Apple
iPhone XS Max
iPhone XS
iPhone X
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 8
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 7

I would assume that it would be the same list for the Anafi and Anafi FPV.

I have the iPhone 11, and FPV app works with it. However, very fuzzy with both FPV 1 & 2 googles. So fuzzy, I didn’t fly very far and brought it back.

Paul

It is probably fuzzy because the image is tiny. Can you post a screenshot from your phone when in FPV mode?

I got a reply from Parrot (after a month) that was completely useless: "Could you please try your FPV mode on another device and see if the issue remains in your application?"

It is probably fuzzy because the image is tiny. Can you post a screenshot from your phone when in FPV mode?

I got a reply from Parrot (after a month) that was completely useless: "Could you please try your FPV mode on another device and see if the issue remains in your application?"
I’ll try to screen shoot a picture this coming Monday, will post here.

Pictures are small, Only have vision in right eye. Although I have both eyes, only the right has vision. Left is blind, due to an accident.

Thanks!
Paul

I got an email from Parrot support that a new version of FF will be out today that should be compatible with iPhone11...

It is fixed! iPhone11 are now supported in FPV mode.
It is raining outside so no flight today but finally!
IMG_1698.PNG

Reactions: Ratmir
@phitar

Was there a update to FF6 for iOS? Just wondering as I have not seen anyone posting about it other then your post. Great if they have fixed the issue.

Yes, there was, it is now version 6.6.3. From the version history, only the FPV support for the iPhone series 11 was corrected.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood