Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

Last week I flew a building inspection in the interior of a large church. I was inspecting peak of the ceiling, the upper views of some statues, and high window seals. This was my first flight since the last update. Using an iPhone 6+, I noticed that taking a photo caused the screen to freeze and revert to black and white. This would last a few seconds and then revert to normal. However, on my last command, checking the window, it froze again while moving forward. I may have snapped the photo and bumped the stick slightly at the same time. Both were locked in and wouldn't clear. It impacted a wall, fell and struck marble and was damaged beyond repair. Needless to say, a shakedown flight in ideal conditions is a must after every update.

Oh no! That's horrible! Is Parrot going to help you out?

The screen has always frozen for a couple of seconds after a photo, nothing new. Your job to be careful about what you do with the sticks?

The new manual v2.3 has an altered text (compared with the versions before!) for describing the reaction on the HUD after taking a photo:
"... the screen flashes white then freezes briefly in black and white to confirm a picture has been taken."

Reactions: Ross
The new manual v2.3 has an altered text (compared with the versions before!) for describing the reaction on the HUD after taking a photo:
"... the screen flashes white then freezes briefly in black and white to confirm a picture has been taken."

Weird.. is this a picture writing issue?

I wish I could make an intelligent reply but I havent got that far. The drone starts up blue lights turn off, drone is still on but cant turn it off unless I unhook battery. WiFi doesnt see network. No matter what I do. I have tried just using iphone, and go to settings and it hangs up again. When it doesnt see nevwork. It all started during upgrade. Upgrade was interrupted no w I got NOTHING. Spent half the day on phone with support and am sending it back with Amazon receipt. Hope they accept it. Its not that old. It is slated for exchange..how long does that take? I just think that a ttally clean install etc would have fixed it, but it is hung up on installation...

saying "vertical camera defective". All this happened with an iPhone SE. It seems that I solved the problem after a full formatting the memory card by the FF6

Unfortunately, I also ran into the "Vertical camera failure" (German "Vertikale Kamera defekt.") issue with the Parrot Anafi right after I upgraded from Anafi Software from 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 (FF 6.3.2). The error message is now shown everytime when I connect to the drone and take-off is not possible. The drone never crashed.
Reformatting SD card and resetting drone, and app didn't resolve the issue. Parrot support doesn't answer for a week.

Has anybody experienced the same issue or found a workaround to fix it?

I believe that somebody solved it by taking the bottom off the Anafi and re-seating the ribbon cable for the vertical camera.

I believe that somebody solved it by taking the bottom off the Anafi and re-seating the ribbon cable for the vertical camera.
That sounds like a hardware issue. Where did you read that?

Except for 1 guy, I have not seen how people resolved their Anafi issues in this threads (only complaints so far). Please give some insights, people! Or are you all still affected with the errors you reported?

Back to the point. In my case, it smells like a firmware issue since it was working perfectly and only after updating from SW 1.3.0 to 1.3.2 it started showing "vertical camera failure" without having moved the drone.

I had the same vertical camera error message appear today after performing the latest update last night. It occurred on my second flight of the day. I powered the drone off and on and the error message was cleared. I conducted a short low-level test flight with out any further issues. I'll make another series of flights tomorrow to see if the error message reoccurs.

I have the Anafi for about 6 months and have about 70 flights on it. I have never seen this error before so I assuming the appearance of the error was related to the software update that I performed last night.

I wish I could make an intelligent reply but I havent got that far. The drone starts up blue lights turn off, drone is still on but cant turn it off unless I unhook battery. WiFi doesnt see network. No matter what I do. I have tried just using iphone, and go to settings and it hangs up again. When it doesnt see nevwork. It all started during upgrade. Upgrade was interrupted no w I got NOTHING. Spent half the day on phone with support and am sending it back with Amazon receipt. Hope they accept it. Its not that old. It is slated for exchange..how long does that take? I just think that a ttally clean install etc would have fixed it, but it is hung up on installation...

I developed the same problem today after a mandatory update! Anafi won’t initialize or power off unless I remove the battery. No WiFi signal seen by iPhone/Contoller. Reinstallation of FreeFlight6, cable changes, hard reboots of batteries, everything fully charged has not changed any thing. I’ve got an inquiry into support. Regret not getting a Mavik at this point.

Once (if?)you get your Anafi going again, turn off the auto update in the playstore for the Freeflight6 app and wait until reports of bugs have stopped...THEN update.

I developed the same problem today after a mandatory update! Anafi won’t initialize or power off unless I remove the battery. No WiFi signal seen by iPhone/Contoller. Reinstallation of FreeFlight6, cable changes, hard reboots of batteries, everything fully charged has not changed any thing. I’ve got an inquiry into support. Regret not getting a Mavik at this point.
Similar things happen to Mavic owners too! It's a part of using electronic items, they don't all do exactly what they should all of the time. :oops:

I discovered a bug on 6.4.1. It has to do with the follow me function. If you run a smart dronie of any kind, the follow me doesn't initiate. You can do all the preliminary setup, select the subject etc but it doesn't start to follow you.
On the other hand, if you do not perform any smart dronies, the follow me function works OK.
You have to restart the app in order to get the follow me to work again.

I kindly asked an official list from the Parrot, please inform me which devices were tested in the Parrot HQ for the Anafi? It should be very useful info. Why I need to guess and try different type of devices??

I updated my battery and now I can not get it to charge. When I updated it had a full charge and after the update it had no charge. I
did the battery reset and it did not help. When I try to charge the battery it has one green light flashing but does not charge. I
have 2 other batteries that I did not update and they still work. I would appreciate any help I can get to fix this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar