Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

Yes, my old IPhone 5s works with the new FW and the last release of FF6 (IOS 12.1.1)
The only limitation concern the panoramas which are in low résolution

Last edited:
It is a joke. Clients try to figure out which device is working which is not. What is it? Why not an official list about the approved and tested devices by the Parrot on their homepage? I thought before that the Parrot is a professional company not an amateur garage group. Some device maybe working others not, we don't know why and which and when and how. Ahhhhh. Total disaster and disappointment for me.

IMO, a controller with a built in screen would be a real winner for Parrot. That was one of the very nice features of the Autel EVO - if the price would have been a little less on that bird, (like it is now $999 with three batteries and a carry bag), I would have seriously considered it. Having the built in screen would seem to solve a lot of Android problems, being that each manufacturer seems to imprint their own flavor of Android on top of stock versions for their devices. Can certainly understand why IOS works better than Android - one controlled operating system (IOS) versus multiple uncontrolled operating systems (Android). Parrot could take the best Android version available and integrate that system with their app and provide updates to the Controller as needed - they would have master control of both the operating system and the app - now they only have total control over the app - at least on Android.

Reactions: kv77
being that each manufacturer seems to imprint their own flavor of Android on top of stock versions for their devices. Can certainly understand why IOS works better than Android - one controlled operating system (IOS) versus multiple uncontrolled operating systems (Android).
Hi,
You may be right but my wife has a new Nokia 7+ running on android one (Android Pie)... without overlay and FF6 has a bug when I take a picture ... the screen becomes purple then green and in the gallery the picture is all green ... Unfortunately I think it's an error in FF6 .
Another personal example, I have an old Sony Z1(Android 5.1) that does not work with the latest version of FF6 (black screen). I went back to the previous release of FF6 and everything works well ... except the panoramas .. but against I kept the 5Ghz!;)

Last edited:
I also agree but just remember a lot of the autonomous modes still need a phone or tablet. And a controller with a LCD screen does drive up the cost.

I would gladly pay the $50 for a $10.00 6 " OLED display.But you are correct in that they would probably increase the price by $300 to capture those costs.

Hi,
You may be right but my wife has a new Nokia 7+ running on android one (Android Pie)... without overlay and FF6 has a bug when I take a picture ... the screen becomes purple then green and in the gallery the picture is all green ... Unfortunately I think it's an error in FF6 .
Another personal example, I have an old Sony Z1(Android 5.1) that does not work with the latest version of FF6 (black screen). I went back to the previous release of FF6 and everything works well ... except the panoramas .. but against I kept the 5Ghz!;)

It just happened to me. In photo mode, the screen turned purple and the photos turned green and there was also an error sometimes saying "vertical camera defective". All this happened with an iPhone SE. It seems that I solved the problem after a full formatting the memory card by the FF6 ...

The problems with the Anafi/FreeFlight 6 app are getting old - Parrot, fix this, it is very frustrating! Live in the Chicago area and we had an unusual weather day for December - high of 50, light winds and a crystal clear blue sky. Naturally, you want to get out and fly on a day like this - not too many good days from November through March in this area. Upon getting out to a beautiful park, the Anafi had the usual smörgåsbord of problems since the latest updates - black screen, frozen screen (3 times), purple and green screens, and the panorama mode working sometimes and not others. And this was only on one battery. Had to unplug the usb 3 times and restart the app twice. Unbelievable. Fortunately, I had my mavic pro with me - all worked well, no issues, smooth as silk and got some wonderful video and photos on a glorious weather day in Chicago.

Reactions: rsjb41
The problems with the Anafi/FreeFlight 6 app are getting old - Parrot, fix this, it is very frustrating! Live in the Chicago area and we had an unusual weather day for December - high of 50, light winds and a crystal clear blue sky. Naturally, you want to get out and fly on a day like this - not too many good days from November through March in this area. Upon getting out to a beautiful park, the Anafi had the usual smörgåsbord of problems since the latest updates - black screen, frozen screen (3 times), purple and green screens, and the panorama mode working sometimes and not others. And this was only on one battery. Had to unplug the usb 3 times and restart the app twice. Unbelievable. Fortunately, I had my mavic pro with me - all worked well, no issues, smooth as silk and got some wonderful video and photos on a glorious weather day in Chicago.

Sames issues here. I'm about 2 1/2 hours straight west of you. Weather was beautiful today, would have loved to fly today.

Will Parrot give us a Xmas present? I'm thinking its going to be a sad Xmas period totally grounded.. Thanks Parrot..

Reactions: rsjb41
I had my VERY FIRST connection error today and came here to see if anyone else was having issues. Seems I am not the only one. Please fix this Parrot. I love my Anafi.

Last week I flew a building inspection in the interior of a large church. I was inspecting peak of the ceiling, the upper views of some statues, and high window seals. This was my first flight since the last update. Using an iPhone 6+, I noticed that taking a photo caused the screen to freeze and revert to black and white. This would last a few seconds and then revert to normal. However, on my last command, checking the window, it froze again while moving forward. I may have snapped the photo and bumped the stick slightly at the same time. Both were locked in and wouldn't clear. It impacted a wall, fell and struck marble and was damaged beyond repair. Needless to say, a shakedown flight in ideal conditions is a must after every update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar